Air Jordan VIII 8 "Playoffs" Returns. Release day- 6/29/13

Do stores call out in the late afternoon or evening sometimes to notify winners?

I'm holding out hope that I won one of these raffles, but I doubt it, haha.
where are you located? In NY my brother received a call at around 7pm for the Grape 5's, when we showed up and said we didn't realize they hold the raffle that late the manager said it was due to the courteous original winner calling in and canceling his pick up. But I'd say that's rare most people aren't that nice they just don't pick up and then some lucky stragler gets them. 

where are you located? In NY my brother received a call at around 7pm for the Grape 5's, when we showed up and said we didn't realize they hold the raffle that late the manager said it was due to the courteous original winner calling in and canceling his pick up. But I'd say that's rare most people aren't that nice they just don't pick up and then some lucky stragler gets them. 
I always call & let them know if I'm definitely not picking up a pair. Sure, that pair may still just go to an employee or their friend but if that's gonna happen it will at the cutoff time anyway. Rather give another raffle entry a chance at the pair if I can. Good karma and such. 

Won a raffle for both these and candy blue foams in my sz 13. Will probably only get these though

I won these in NJ, so no tax lol. Also got a winning Nj scratch off ticket for eight bucks so I don't even have to pay for transportation. That's about as close to retail as u can get lol

Last edited:
CA.

I'll try my luck with online sites tomorrow and pick two of the spots to walk in around 6-7:30.

Hopefully I get lucky.

I for one do not want to risk losing out on these tomorrow so I've decided to purchase from my local spot today at a price slightly above retail. I'm god damn happy!

got the call from FNL

can sleep in!! 
nthat.gif

Do stores call out in the late afternoon or evening sometimes to notify winners?

I'm holding out hope that I won one of these raffles, but I doubt it, haha.

I got called once around 8pm from a HOH. I was having Valentines dinner with the wifey when I got the call, it was for the Royals. She knew I was on standby with my phone so she didn't mind me answering while we were eating lol.

I got called once around 8pm from a HOH. I was having Valentines dinner with the wifey when I got the call, it was for the Royals. She knew I was on standby with my phone so she didn't mind me answering while we were eating lol.
I tell wifey all the time that she knew what she was getting into when she got with me... Such is the life of a sneakerhead's wife. 
roll.gif

Anybody gmhas the finishline link?

I had it a few weeks ago but I lost it :rolleyes now I can't find it through google

Last edited:
Hopefully everyone who wants these can cop for retail tomorrow without a headache...these are a solid retro very nice

Ended up winning 4 raffles 3 for my sz 11 and one for a sz 9.5, not to mention 3 raffles for the foams.... this was the easiest raffle experience I ever had :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom