Air jordan VIII Playoffs -Sep 30th - Updated:First official look!!

Since we’re discussing boxes, here is the only one I have left. Might be the wrong forum, here we go.

The FR IV started it all for me, but the Aqua VIII was the first one that I purchased with my own money. Come from a military family, had access to the PX and worked at the base commissary to save my pennies. This box has been sitting at my parents house since 1993. $110 AAFES price no tax baby.

Keep the good stories coming fellas.

Attachments

• IMG_2897.jpeg
    IMG_2897.jpeg
    262.9 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2898.jpeg
    IMG_2898.jpeg
    226.6 KB · Views: 430
  • IMG_2899.jpeg
    IMG_2899.jpeg
    267.5 KB · Views: 429
^Military family as well (Air Force) did the same thing as you when young. Worked in the commissary as well but couldn’t buy any Jordan’s since my exchange was smaller compared to other bases. By the time I started to see retro’s for sale there it was the x’s in the steel colorway. Only retro they had there at Castle AFB before they decommissioned the base the following year. Still on the hunt for these playoff’s as I was out of town release day but will play the waiting game to get mine before the year is over.

^Military family as well (Air Force) did the same thing as you when young. Worked in the commissary as well but couldn’t buy any Jordan’s since my exchange was smaller compared to other bases. By the time I started to see retro’s for sale there it was the x’s in the steel colorway. Only retro they had there at Castle AFB before they decommissioned the base the following year. Still on the hunt for these playoff’s as I was out of town release day but will play the waiting game to get mine before the year is over.

What size are you? Multiple sizes available near me.

The 07 aquas were the first official shoe of my Jordan collection. I worked at the commissary on base in Heidelberg, Germany just to get em lol. Haven’t heard “commissary” in a while 😂

These seem to be sitting firm at $260 right now. I know everyone that got them on SNKRS should be receiving their pair(s) today or tomorrow which means more pairs will be available in the aftermarket so hopefully resell dips a bit when that happens. If not I'll just bite the bullet. I refuse to move on from this release without a second pair. I intend to wear these thru whatever mother nature throws at us this winter in Michigan so a second pair would be ideal.
Yo I'm in MI too!

Man. I really thought these heavy af boots were not gonna sell out quick and be an easy cop. Didnt bother to set an alarm. I like em, but it was already overpriced and no way in hell im finna go resell for my sz 14.

Ah well on to cherry xii...

Got mine in today, looking good.

Random 5 PM release day stock of 1 size on FTL came through. Figured it might get cancelled, seems to work out more often then not though. At least for me.

My size 11 was also cancelled by another store. And resale with fees etc is $300 for our size. This release makes no effing sense to me. And I want these so bad.
I’d been looking forward to them all year but given what a hassle and waste of time this release was I’m kind of over all of it. Have 4 pairs of NB coming in including C-Notes and way more excited about those than trying to find this one or dealing with this nonsense again in a couple weeks for 12’s.

These are a great Fall/Winter shoe. Just need the bred 4s for my summer Js since they’re kinda low top and I’ll be done. But I can’t bring myself to pay ~$600 for resale. That’s insane.

Back
Top Bottom