Air jordan VIII Playoffs -Sep 30th - Updated:First official look!!

IMG_2351.jpeg
Wasn’t gonna cop these, but ended up getting threw restock just now off JD Sports for $210 shipped. These and the Aquas are my only 8s.

I hope the restock is from the warehouse, but sometimes it's inventory they put up from the left over pairs from JD/FNL stores across the country where everyone and their mom tried the shoe on. Your restock pairs might come with 1 shoe factory laced and the other unlaced with toe creases and some dirt and hair on the bottom of ya shoe lol.

I hope the restock is from the warehouse, but sometimes it's inventory they put up from the left over pairs from JD/FNL stores across the country where everyone and their mom tried the shoe on. Your restock pairs might come with 1 shoe factory laced and the other unlaced with toe creases and some dirt and hair on the bottom of ya shoe lol.

I always assume this on restocks. If they are truly DS, even better.

I really doubt they use the same original tech. Otherwise, many of the retros wouldn't feel like bricks. They have changed the midsole PU to something fluffier that has more bounce.
When I was referring to the cushioning I was referring to the internal cushioning/air tech or whatever it's called. I'm aware that the current mainline retro releases use closed cell polyurethane midsoles versus open cell like their original counterparts, which is a big part in why they're not as comfortable. But besides that, I'm pretty sure the Jordan 1 and 2 still use encapsulated air units in the heel, the 3 thru 6 using it in the heel and forefoot, etc.

If you want me to be truly honest, it was FOMO. Sure, I could have waited to see if I'd get lucky on a restock or if the resell prices would start dropping after a while like with some releases recently ('22 Chicago 2s, this year's High '85 Black/White 1s, etc) but I was afraid that, due to how limited the Playoffs were/are, the prices that they're going for right now will be where they're most likely going to stay, at least for a size 13. Maybe I'm wrong and I overpaid like I did for my High '85 Neutral Grey's and Black/White's but I didn't want to take the chance.
You should’ve waited, but as long as you’re good with spending more who am I to say.

You should’ve waited, but as long as you’re good with spending more who am I to say.
Its cool. I appreciate you trying to look out for my best interest, but all the restocks that have hit for these, I've missed by hours. While I would have preferred to get a second pair for retail, it just didn't seem likely so I caved and paid resell.

Back
Top Bottom