Air Jordan XI Columbia releasing Holiday 2012 via Modern Notoriety

Status
Not open for further replies.
pimp.gif

These just don't age well enough to merit a $175 (or more) price tag.  The Columbia's a decade ago didn't age well, I can't even imagine what the new ones will look like a few years down the line.

my 01s def not khaki colored lol, how did u store those things cuz its not hard to keep em nice if you let them breathe and keep em at around room temp 75 to 80 degrees

Originally Posted by ColdCity

Originally Posted by Rippaflow

Everyone wants the Breds? Ive got a pair of VNDS OGs, NDS 01s and 2 DS 01s (my grail).... BRING ON THE COLUMBIAS. I just sold my 01 retros for 275

everyone isnt squatting over heat like you i want breds too because the cdps sucked & my 01's could stand to have some rest... & another pair of 01 or og will cost an arm & a leg so..... & i may be alone but i aint gettin these they are my least liked cw of mid xi's
To me... buying something like these I like vs buying a new GR for 150 because it's a hot colorway.... is why I have what I have. I only have 15 pairs in my whole collection left because I trimmed out all the expendables. And when it comes to an arm & leg... I paid 250 for the OGs, 350 for the DS 12.5, Traded a shoe I paid 125 for/for the ds sz13 and I paid 110 for the sz12.5 nds....

To me 4 pairs of breds @ 825.00 > Buying 5 jordan brand new releases + tax + gas to go to the store or shipping lol. And Im sure mostly everyone here will agree with me....

Dang, was kinda hoping to see the breds drop, or a new color way released. But i'm still happy either way.

dont own a pair and finding a DS non yellow pair of columbias in my sz isnt easy so imma cop next year

Originally Posted by ColdCity

Everyone wants the Breds? Ive got a pair of VNDS OGs, NDS 01s and 2 DS 01s (my grail).... BRING ON THE COLUMBIAS. I just sold my 01 retros for 275

everyone isnt squatting over heat like you i want breds too because the cdps sucked & my 01's could stand to have some rest... & another pair of 01 or og will cost an arm & a leg so..... & i may be alone but i aint gettin these they are my least liked cw of mid xi's
To me... buying something like these I like vs buying a new GR for 150 because it's a hot colorway.... is why I have what I have. I only have 15 pairs in my whole collection left because I trimmed out all the expendables. And when it comes to an arm & leg... I paid 250 for the OGs, 350 for the DS 12.5, Traded a shoe I paid 125 for/for the ds sz13 and I paid 110 for the sz12.5 nds....

To me 4 pairs of breds @ 825.00 > Buying 5 jordan brand new releases + tax + gas to go to the store or shipping lol. And Im sure mostly everyone here will agree with me....

I def understand where youre getting at....some people just dont want to do the research it takes to find a good deal on older models, tho

This was pretty much expected. So far it has been the release of the XI/XII CDP Breds, XI/VI DMP, Space Jams, Cool Greys, and Silver Anniversary editions. The Columbias was undoubtedly next. I would just like to say that I hope they do not release the Breds. Just hear me out. I don't like shoes be re-retroed so many times. I mean, the Space Jams and Columbias were way overdue, but the Breds just came out 2-3 years ago! It took 10 years for the VI Infrareds to be retroed. I'm very happy with my XI Breds from the CDP. The leather is gleaming, the back 23 hasn't peeled at all, and the sole is still bright red. Back in the day, Jordan would of never re-retroed a shoe so quickly. The Breds is without a doubt one of the Holy Grails (along with VI Carmines and Infrared, IV Cements, VIII Aqua, and a few others). The XI Breds is the symbolic shoe of the brand and I don't want them to become another pair of Jordans that has lost some of its rarity. Do you understand what I'm saying?

Originally Posted by Blaze7

This was pretty much expected. So far it has been the release of the XI/XII CDP Breds, XI/VI DMP, Space Jams, Cool Greys, and Silver Anniversary editions. The Columbias was undoubtedly next. I would just like to say that I hope they do not release the Breds. Just hear me out. I don't like shoes be re-retroed so many times. I mean, the Space Jams and Columbias were way overdue, but the Breds just came out 2-3 years ago! It took 10 years for the VI Infrareds to be retroed. I'm very happy with my XI Breds from the CDP. The leather is gleaming, the back 23 hasn't peeled at all, and the sole is still bright red. Back in the day, Jordan would of never re-retroed a shoe so quickly. The Breds is without a doubt one of the Holy Grails (along with VI Carmines and Infrared, IV Cements, VIII Aqua, and a few others). The XI Breds is the symbolic shoe of the brand and I don't want them to become another pair of Jordans that has lost some of its rarity. Do you understand what I'm saying?

I hear that, being my grail, I definately hear that. I mean look at the black cements, one of the best jordans of all time, is already on its what 4th retro now... **waits for someone to argue how 2001 wasn't very long after the OGs, and how 2008 would be long enough to do breds in 2013 or 2014**

Originally Posted by sthebest

I saw this coming a mile away.

Good thing I sold my Anniversary XIs because they will officially become worthless once these drop.

so true

i want the low top patents to make a comeback in 2012, we have one slated but im greedy i want more!

I definitely understand about the frustration. I also cringe at times when Nike puts out so many foams. Some of the CW's are just horrible. Oh and BTW, if they re-retro the VI Carmines again, I'm going to quit the shoe game. Ain't what it used to be...

question, So are all these Recent XI retroes have the jumpman going the same way ie Concords? I just dont feel like searching for pics of all the XI recent retroes...Space James, Cool Greys, CDP's.. I see on the OG pair of these the jumpen are opposite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom