Air Jordan XI CONCORD AFTERMATH thread. STILL NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

I give up, was gonna cop on ebay but I can't tell the difference anymore between legit n fake. I'll just do without these. 
me too im kinda scared to cop a pair
there's nothing to worry about, they're both legit..da difference is one is a grey market pair and one is a retail pair.

grey market DOES NOT MEAN fake...

Last edited:
Grey market is unauthorized I'm pretty sure. Its Nike's patent leather, sole, and everything. They just don't know that its being made. So I'm pretty sure they can be labeled legit.

There the same shoe imo, now don`t get me wrong i wouldnt buy them unless i couldnt get the real and lets be honest there not rare to find just more costly now but if i couldnt get a pair i would have no problem getting em because when it all comes down to it nobody is gonna put a magnifying glass to your Js.

Last edited:
lol.it won't be long till they produce 'sole yellowers' to make the 'grey' ones look like the 09 ones... :smh: :smh: :smh:

Fwiw NinjA I'm not disagreeing with you or agreeing with you... All I wanna know is what is your obsession with the return button on the keyboard. Damn man it's like I can just picture you furiously typing away and slamming the return button to start a new paragraph or line hahaha

Last edited:
there's nothing to worry about, they're both legit..da difference is one is a grey market pair and one is a retail pair.

grey market DOES NOT MEAN fake...
yes it does because nike does not recognize it as an authentic product. There are some very good counterfeit Louie bags which use the same materials but if you take them to the Louis Vuitton store to verify authenticity they are still fake. Same goes with jays

Last edited:
Lets ask nike if its fake

And you can spell asanine, but not "the"???

U sat there and said "other than that they identical"

So they aint the same

They fake

Ask nike. Ask jb.

:lol: I swear every thread turns into a "fake vs real" or "authorized vs unauthorized" debate

How many times must we go over this....
Ya'll ain't got better **** to argue over? Is this what the sneaker community is about now?

I swear you goombas can turn a convo about ANYTHING into a "fake vs real" debate.

Ninja, honestly, I wouldn't even go back and forth about this if I were you fam. You already know man... We've had this debate in countless threads and it always ends the same way. Its just no point.

Last edited:
As long as you didn't pay rape price for a "Grey Market" pair, then i think you're good.

Concords and Space Jams are popping out everywhere. And what pisses me off is they sell "Grey Market" pairs more than what it's worth.

:lol: I swear every thread turns into a "fake vs real" or "authorized vs unauthorized" debate

Ya'll ain't got better **** to argue over? Is this what the sneaker community is about now?

I swear you goombas can turn a convo about ANYTHING into a "fake vs real" debate.

Ninja, honestly, I wouldn't even go back and forth about this if I were you fam. You already know man... We've had this debate in countless threads and it always ends the same way. Its just no point.

N who r u?

Aint nobody callig names or getting heated. Stating opinions.

And urs was outta left field. So leave the goombas be jabroni

I for one don't see an issue with the grey market pairs as long as they stack up quality wise. although there are some that can come flawed, just like retail pairs (b-grades and even some less than exceptional retail pairs) theres no debate that for the most part these shoes at least look the same (icy soles aside) because they are in fact being made by the same materials. so essentially we pay higher prices for the shoes because nike made them, authorized them, and checked them for satisfactory "quality" right? well regardless how I feel about them, regardless of how you feel about them, regardless how nike feels about them, bottom line if a guy with a grey market pair of cool greys walks into a room where a guy is wearing a pair of footlocker or ndc cool greys on no one in that room is going to look at either of them any differently as far as their shoes go. both will get their props and everyone will keep it moving. he could lie and say he got them from finishline and what is anyone going to say? "nah bro, i can tell your cool greys are from taobao because your carbon fiber looks just like mine..." See what i mean? all this arguing is senseless because bottom line thats what its going to come down to. WEARING THEM. doesnt matter how anyone feels about their status of authenticity. his pairs look like your pairs and vice versa. some people think its stupid to pay 300+ for a shoe that they can get for ~175 and it looks exactly the same. dont get me wrong, ive always gone the retail rout and ive been successful at getting all my 11s for retail, aside from my DMPs for obvious reasons. but with the new development in these grey market pairs i wouldnt eliminate them as an option for a backup pair if theyre the same damn shoe. **** if FILA or Reebok got their hands on the  genuine materials of the 11s and put them together the same exact way then started selling them out of the back of their factory, the hell do i care if nike isn't making them. what matters is the product. if theyre not distinguishable and hold up just as well as the nike pairs but i can get them for retail or less years after they came out, why the hell not? but hey to each his own i guess. but with these new taobao pairs out whenever you pay that 350 or so for a pair of 11s youre now paying over retail because "nike authorized it"

I choose to look at it like this whole situation where JB is releasing classic or OG color ways week after week and month after month starting around 2012. Now before that most of us paid higher prices to get the shoes that we wanted from years back. But now with all of these new releases of classic and og colorways people are buying essentially the same shoe we spent a couple hundred on to get 2 or 3 years ago for retail price. Take the thunder 4s for example. before november 2012 if you wanted a pair of those you had to be prepared to spend a ton of money. but after the release in 2012 every hypebeast was wearing the same exact shoe you spent a sh** ton of money on for a fraction of a fraction of the price you paid. so what do you do? you either get butt hurt about it and complain and continue to pay the higher price for the shoes that came out in 2006 or buy the newly released ones for 160. Thats how i look at the situation with taobao pairs. no one is forcing them on you. you can continue to pay whatever price the 11s you want is worth (which i have no problem with and i have done) or you can hit up taobao and buy essentially the same product for half the price. authorized or not, made in a nike factory or not, its pretty much the same shoe. you can pay more or you can pay less. nike doesnt care if we stand by them and their authorization process that we're essentially paying about two hundred dollars for after their shoe has sold out and we go on places like ebay to get them. they just want to make money off of us. and they do.

Last edited:
I for one don't see an issue with the grey market pairs as long as they stack up quality wise. although there are some that can come flawed, just like retail pairs (b-grades and even some less than exceptional retail pairs) theres no debate that for the most part these shoes at least look the same (icy soles aside) because they are in fact being made by the same materials. so essentially we pay higher prices for the shoes because nike made them, authorized them, and checked them for satisfactory "quality" right? well regardless how I feel about them, regardless of how you feel about them, regardless how nike feels about them, bottom line if a guy with a grey market pair of cool greys walks into a room where a guy is wearing a pair of footlocker or ndc cool greys on no one in that room is going to look at either of them any differently as far as their shoes go. both will get their props and everyone will keep it moving. he could lie and say he got them from finishline and what is anyone going to say? "nah bro, i can tell your cool greys are from taobao because your carbon fiber looks just like mine..." See what i mean? all this arguing is senseless because bottom line thats what its going to come down to. WEARING THEM. doesnt matter how anyone feels about their status of authenticity. his pairs look like your pairs and vice versa. some people think its stupid to pay 300+ for a shoe that they can get for ~175 and it looks exactly the same. dont get me wrong, ive always gone the retail rout and ive been successful at getting all my 11s for retail, aside from my DMPs for obvious reasons. but with the new development in these grey market pairs i wouldnt eliminate them as an option for a backup pair if theyre the same damn shoe. **** if FILA or Reebok got their hands on the  genuine materials of the 11s and put them together the same exact way then started selling them out of the back of their factory, the hell do i care if nike isn't making them. what matters is the product. if theyre not distinguishable and hold up just as well as the nike pairs but i can get them for retail or less years after they came out, why the hell not? but hey to each his own i guess. but with these new taobao pairs out whenever you pay that 350 or so for a pair of 11s youre now paying over retail because "nike authorized it"
You have a pair for sale? I wanna pay you in fake money. Looks just like real money. Nobody else can tell the difference. Same paper and ink and everything matches up. Lol

To create a product and trademark it correctly then have someone copy it exactly (and profit) is un-American. No matter how wealthy Nike is they deserve to be the only person profitting from their creation.

You have a pair for sale? I wanna pay you in fake money. Looks just like real money. Nobody else can tell the difference. Same paper and ink and everything matches up. Lol

To create a product and trademark it correctly then have someone copy it exactly (and profit) is un-American. No matter how wealthy Nike is they deserve to be the only person profitting from their creation.
well if no one (ie: me, you, stores, or the government) can tell the difference why wouldnt i take it? seems like one side in this thread is dealing with a question of morals while the other side is talking about the actual physical shoe itself. no ones going to meet eye to eye on this if thats the case

Last edited:
well if no one (ie: me, you, stores, or the government) can tell the difference  why wouldnt i take it? seems like one side in this thread is dealing with a question of morals while the other side is talking about the actual physical shoe itself. no ones going to meet eye to eye on this if thats the case
It's not morality. It's illegality.

It's not morality. It's illegality.
illegal or not. you said no one can tell the difference right? implying that i would always be able to pass it off as real money. and so would the person who i give it to and so one and so forth. no skin off my back. looks like a victimless crime to me.

its da same factories making they grey markets though....

we aren't taking about...

900x900px-LL-ec133643_T2eC16RysE9sy0iIOUBRkpMlcuSg60_57.jpeg

these..no one is condoning these whatsoever...

wer're talking about...

LL

its obvious whichever factory is making em is doing it under nike/JB's nose...you can't fake carbon fiber, it cost too much to aquire

this is why people dont view grey market pairs as anything other that unauthorized pairs.

N who r u?

Aint nobody callig names or getting heated. Stating opinions.

And urs was outta left field. So leave the goombas be jabroni

:lol: U catching feelings

It seems like people are more concerned with brand loyalty and having the feeling of superiority b/c their pair was approved by nike, and the other pair was done late at night w/o approval. At the end of the day if what Ninja is saying about grey market is true, then the shoes are in fact the same shoe. It' s like in the movie Jumangi. robin williams father had a shoe factory, if the shoe factory was closed for a period of time, then someone comes along a year or more later and turns on all the machines and starts making the shoes again. Just because the owner isn't aware or didn't approve it, doesn't mean the shoes aren't authentic. It isn't a copy of the original because it is the original, it just wasnt approved by the manufacturer.

As for comparing grey market and official pairs, that just sounds crazy because release day pairs of authorized Js aren't always identical. 10 of us could buy a shoe on release day and 3 of us could have cosmetic differences. I have yet to purchase a shoe from a reseller simply b/c I couldn't justify the price. If am not able to cop for retail which is already rape prices, then I'm not copping from a reseller no matter if it is from FL,FNL, NDC, or greay market. However, If the grey market pairs were sold cheaper than the reseller price but still close to retail then hey **** it why not? JB already sticking it to us, so it doesn't really matter.

As for the comparisons made in this thread I think that if rolex watches, LV, Hermes, or Gucci bags were being produce in the very same factories approved by the manufacturer without their knowledge with the same exact materials people would be hesitant to buy unless they were sold for significantly less than retail. Items like that you depend on the warranty, thus there is no incentive to buying grey market for retail or above. I'm sure a few of you would cop if you knew it was authentic material just sold at a discounted price.

But for some Js, which come flawed already in some cases its a no brainer for the person who missed out. I mean really who is going to know but you, and maybe 1 or 2 of your boys. Again they arent replicas, they are legit. Hell the overpriced retros nike/jb are selling to us are replicas. They aren't even the OG mold, but b/c Nike's sig is on it it doesn't matter much.

Last edited:
It seems like people are more concerned with brand loyalty and having the feeling of superiority b/c their pair was approved by nike, and the other pair was done late at night w/o approval. At the end of the day if what Ninja is saying about grey market is true, then the shoes are in fact the same shoe. It' s like in the movie Jumangi. robin williams father had a shoe factory, if the shoe factory was closed for a period of time, then someone comes along a year or more later and turns on all the machines and starts making the shoes again. Just because the owner isn't aware or didn't approve it, doesn't mean the shoes aren't authentic. It isn't a copy of the original because it is the original, it just wasnt approved by the manufacturer.

As for comparing grey market and official pairs, that just sounds crazy because release day pairs of authorized Js aren't always identical. 10 of us could buy a shoe on release day and 3 of us could have cosmetic differences. I have yet to purchase a shoe from a reseller simply b/c I couldn't justify the price. If am not able to cop for retail which is already rape prices, then I'm not copping from a reseller no matter if it is from FL,FNL, NDC, or greay market. However, If the grey market pairs were sold cheaper than the reseller price but still close to retail then hey **** it why not? JB already sticking it to us, so it doesn't really matter.

As for the comparisons made in this thread I think that if rolex watches, LV, Hermes, or Gucci bags were being produce in the very same factories approved by the manufacturer without their knowledge with the same exact materials people would be hesitant to buy unless they were sold for significantly less than retail. Items like that you depend on the warranty, thus there is no incentive to buying grey market for retail or above. I'm sure a few of you would cop if you knew it was authentic material just sold at a discounted price.

But for some Js, which come flawed already in some cases its a no brainer for the person who missed out. I mean really who is going to know but you, and maybe 1 or 2 of your boys. Again they arent replicas, they are legit. Hell the overpriced retros nike/jb are selling to us are replicas. They aren't even the OG mold, but b/c Nike's sig is on it it doesn't matter much.
100% agree. I just see it as an issue of why pay more if you can pay less. especially if they are indeed the same shoe made from the same materials. like i said. if they look the same, perform the same, and have the same materials i just dont see why it matters if nike authorized them or not. legal or illegal or what have you. if the shoes look and feel the same my conscience is clear.

I just came across a pair of Space Jams on the bay and I'm pretty sure they're the grey market specials, soles are dyed blue too and I asked the seller why they were that color just to see what they would say and apparently they have a "connect" who dyed them blue "as far as they know". Shoes look very legit though, I'm just fascinated by this grey market debate and how they are split opinions on it.

I just came across a pair of Space Jams on the bay and I'm pretty sure they're the grey market specials, soles are dyed blue too and I asked the seller why they were that color just to see what they would say and apparently they have a "connect" who dyed them blue "as far as they know". Shoes look very legit though, I'm just fascinated by this grey market debate and how they are split opinions on it.
link to those shoes?

Now personally, i don't patent leather cut for some if they are grey market shoesor retail pairs. but here's a picture of the backs of my 11s i have on hand at the momemnt (all retail). hopefully this can be used a reference if there is in fact differentiation between the 2 types of shoes

illegal or not. you said no one can tell the difference right? implying that i would always be able to pass it off as real money. and so would the person who i give it to and so one and so forth. no skin off my back. looks like a victimless crime to me.
Victimless crime? Is there such a thing? Nike is the victim and so is the person you give the fake money to (unless you tell them it's fake). That $100 bill isn't really worth $100. You are basically admitting you would break the law if you thought you would never get caught. Smh

Back
Top Bottom