Air Jordan XI CONCORD AFTERMATH thread. STILL NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Originally Posted by IronHorse

After having copped four pair successfully I have to admit to you guys that i'm exhausted with what it took to get those four pair. I just turned 30 and I spent that much time and effort chasing a sneaker that most adults my age don't know about and frankly don't care about. I have to admit I had a chance to step back and really witness all the hype around this shoe and people willing to pay $500 (which I took full advantage of). The point i'm making is that all these crazy lines, sites crashing, and 700 page threads made me realize I was also playing into the MJ hype machine filling up his pockets and emptying mine, for what reason?

I got to looking at my closet full of jays and I was disappointed with myself that I was just realizing this at 30 years old. The closet should be filled with suits and gucci, ferragamo shoes not a bunch of sneakers.

My point: The concord hype opened my eyes to the fact that being a so called "sneakerhead" in some cases means just being a puppet.

I'm out and plotting my best liquidation strategy

Wow....Im not the only one that feels this way after the Concords
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I think I can genuinely say that I am officially done after this year.  I should have all of my grails and favorites by the end of the year....new and old.  But I don't understand the idea of selling everything.  I'll def keep a lot my my stuff till the day I am forced to give them up.......
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Im gonna be a senior citizen who refuses to be put in a home cause they won't let me bring my 100 pairs of sneakers with me
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MrSkills68

Originally Posted by glove72

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

has anyone received from snipes yet?

Got first pair today...notification second pair cleared customs this afternoon.
how long did it take for yours to clear customs? mines been in since friday...

For snipes it took forever...USPS didn't update for a week or so. Once it said NJ it was all good. I messed up on the pic upload, files were huge. Working it now

Originally Posted by DRO3000

Originally Posted by IronHorse

After having copped four pair successfully I have to admit to you guys that i'm exhausted with what it took to get those four pair. I just turned 30 and I spent that much time and effort chasing a sneaker that most adults my age don't know about and frankly don't care about. I have to admit I had a chance to step back and really witness all the hype around this shoe and people willing to pay $500 (which I took full advantage of). The point i'm making is that all these crazy lines, sites crashing, and 700 page threads made me realize I was also playing into the MJ hype machine filling up his pockets and emptying mine, for what reason?

I got to looking at my closet full of jays and I was disappointed with myself that I was just realizing this at 30 years old. The closet should be filled with suits and gucci, ferragamo shoes not a bunch of sneakers.

My point: The concord hype opened my eyes to the fact that being a so called "sneakerhead" in some cases means just being a puppet.

I'm out and plotting my best liquidation strategy

Wow....Im not the only one that feels this way after the Concords
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I think I can genuinely say that I am officially done after this year.  I should have all of my grails and favorites by the end of the year....new and old.  But I don't understand the idea of selling everything.  I'll def keep a lot my my stuff till the day I am forced to give them up.......
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Im gonna be a senior citizen who refuses to be put in a home cause they won't let me bring my 100 pairs of sneakers with me
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Man, I just hope my 3 year old son gets to a size 12 or higher...and he already has a pretty sick collection as a 3 year old. Lol 4 pairs of DS Concords and spacejams for the next 5 years.

I dont understand why so many people are getting charged customs fees? I've literally ordered thousands of dollars in merchandise from out of the US and i've never got charged a fee. CT must be doing something wrong.

Originally Posted by aphexacid

I dont understand why so many people are getting charged customs fees? I've literally ordered thousands of dollars in merchandise from out of the US and i've never got charged a fee. CT must be doing something wrong.

CT is not marking the packages as a gift
they are marking it as merchandise & stating the actual costs

Originally Posted by aphexacid

You ordered from a store that probably sent out hundreds of sneakers in a day, at a popular time of the year. As soon as they caught one package they basically just looked out for any more Crooked Tongues boxes, doesn't help the store has their name plastered on the box.

Here is my order from Snipes.
I ordered on 12/24. Package shipped 12/28. Package arrived 01/10.
e6d3687a66a7b3c3d84a9da7eaeae6064f37c812_r.jpg
89126f0603b51d089d5ed0e4716210fd0f5d067c_r.jpg

1fc36fbd64e0b2ded84b91b7e27eebbc30380d25_r.jpg
2a516862b8d796e1e10756ffaec790810bd8b1c5_r.jpg

Overall I'm very happy with the quality of this pair.
Just as good.. Or better than my NDC pairs.
I read comments about Snipes orders having smashed shipping boxes..
But as you can see.. Mine was in decent condition.
They dont use bubble wrap. So it left a lot of room for the XI box to bounce around.
Luckily there was only one minor dent.

So to all others in the S.S. Snipes boat..
Be on the look out for your orders.

And shout out to the NT'er who posted the Snipes link
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Sucks that CT had to use two shipping companies. ---> Parcel Force and DPD
My brother got his from Parcel Force and did not get hit with a customs fee.
My %%$% is going through DPD and is stuck in customs right now, I'll probably get hit with a customs fee
frown.gif

all these resellers sitting on stock is funny at the same time as ******ed. i keep seeing these numbers like $400 and $500. smh people actually think they are going to get wealthy off a couple pairs of kicks though>?? i mean, this aint NOTHING like the Titanium XX3's that i flipped for $1530 a few years back. stupid broke-%%% bums are STILL waiting for a release like that..... but it'll never happen. closest thing so far was the yeezys, SB's and ray allen's......

i wish they would all stop being greedy pricks and sell me a sz 13 already, then go get a real job!

Originally Posted by smzsmz

all these resellers sitting on stock is funny at the same time as ******ed. i keep seeing these numbers like $400 and $500. smh people actually think they are going to get wealthy off a couple pairs of kicks though>?? i mean, this aint NOTHING like the Titanium XX3's that i flipped for $1530 a few years back. stupid broke-%%% bums are STILL waiting for a release like that..... but it'll never happen. closest thing so far was the yeezys, SB's and ray allen's...... 

i wish they would all stop being greedy pricks and sell me a sz 13 already, then go get a real job!

lol wut^

I'm one to not get too worried over small details but wth?! That is completely unacceptable. Send them back!

laugh.gif

dat gif.

Originally Posted by c0mikal

Those are not legit. You can see the sole line running through the toe, it shouldn't be visible. The leather is wrinkling because of the material and the way they used glue to put it together. If you reach your hand in and feel the top you will probably feel the material that is causing the wrinkle. The lace hoop is stitched higher than it should be.

These are just what I am seeing from the pictures provided. You should check that video posted of that guy comparing his high end fakes with a legit pair. It was on the CG's.

Asked in the old thread, but without much luck: What are you guys using as preventative shoe protector on these?

ugh. still havent gotten my package from CT that i ordered on the 23rd. has said stuck in customs since the 5th.

Originally Posted by thenewjs23

if you really wanted a pair you would have got a pair already at retail on release day. Every one coming on here looking for a hookup. get out of here with that. unless they know you, they not hooking you up with a $250 shipped price. Its ok to sit on these, you'll make 400 plus a pair in couple of years. count on it

Back
Top Bottom