Air Jordan XI CONCORD AFTERMATH thread. STILL NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

My Snipes order is stuck at this point?.......

Priority Mail International Parcels

Processed through USPS Sort Facility

January 11, 2012, 1:11 am

JERSEY CITY, NJ 07097

International Parcels

finally.. my pair landed from snipes.. now to wait for the post office to be open tomorrow

Originally Posted by zmdawg

My Snipes order is stuck at this point?.......

Priority Mail International Parcels

January 11, 2012, 1:11 am

JERSEY CITY, NJ 07097

International Parcels

Atleast it's in U.S. my pair is still in Frankfurt, Germany.

Here is some History on Concord retro's.

They sold out quick in Oct 2000 at about $133 after tax. They never dipped below the $225 mark even a few weeks after the release. They stayed around 225-250 for a year or so and by the time the bred xi dropped in dec 01 you couldn't find a real pair of cords for under 300 shipped. I don't even want to go into how many fakes were on eBay at the time but it was hellish. Steadily the price went to about 4-450 before the announcement of the retro last year. This shoe will is settling at about 325 shipped and will most likely be up to 375 shipped by summer. Anyone selling now is foolish and gonna regret when the price is up to 425 shipped 1 year from now.

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

Originally Posted by MRFLOWERS

so bords and all 3s including bc 3s hit outlets? WHERE IN THE HECK WAS I DURING ALL OF THIS? I PAID RETAIL OR GOT SDSOME LOVE ON A FEW PAIRS BUT DAMMN!!!!
bordeaux's hit outlets. only white cement and true blue iii's hit outlets. black cement iii's haven't because they only released in november. b grades won't hit outlets (if they do) until around spring time. usually it's about 6 months from release date for stuff to hit outlets from what i've seen. sometimes it's sooner but you never know. majority of good stuff is already scooped up by locals and resellers before people on nt find out. not the same as before. and to the guy who said how i got b grade concord xi's at midnight, i got them from ndc. the quality on them was atrocious. so many problems on them like i stated i.e. glue stain around the '23' on the back of the left shoe, jumpman sat high on the left shoe, wasn't aligned between the '23', and the gap between the pl on the right shoe in the back where it aligns together.

which outlet are you going to? my local nike outlet doesn't sell anything but trash.

Originally Posted by biaac diaac

They sold out quick in Oct 2000 at about $133 after tax. They never dipped below the $225 mark even a few weeks after the release. They stayed around 225-250 for a year or so and by the time the bred xi dropped in dec 01 you couldn't find a real pair of cords for under 300 shipped. I don't even want to go into how many fakes were on eBay at the time but it was hellish. Steadily the price went to about 4-450 before the announcement of the retro last year. This shoe will is settling at about 325 shipped and will most likely be up to 375 shipped by summer. Anyone selling now is foolish and gonna regret when the price is up to 425 shipped 1 year from now.

i hope you're right. im hang on to mine for a while then. 

Not if they yellow to holy heck... they will be quite happy they sold...

In long island the concords didn't sell out that fast when they 1st retroed in oct 2000. I remember when the white blue vi's came out that month, people were more interested in the vi's than the concords. It wasn't untill the space jams came out around christmas, that people started jumping on these. Only reason i got the concords was because the space jams had sold out. So i, like most people who didn't get the space jams, had to resort to getting the concords for christmas. Came to school and rememberd getting clowned because i had the "old" jordans on. It wasn't untill the release of the cool greys when j's started having a high after market value. But even than, i never saw a re-seller price that exceeded more than $190 in 00-01. It wasn't untill 02' when they started hitting the 200+ mark. And the rest was history..

Than again, that is how it was over here in NY, specifically long island.

so bords and all 3s including bc 3s hit outlets? WHERE IN THE HECK WAS I DURING ALL OF THIS? I PAID RETAIL OR GOT SDSOME LOVE ON A FEW PAIRS BUT DAMMN!!!!
I talked to one of the Nike employees at the outlets and asked if they ever get Jordans and he said they did have the White Cements. He said the Space Jams also hit his outlet back when they came out. He said it takes a couple of months for them to get it, but they do. Gotta imagine you would have to be really lucky though to get it.

None of my cool greys yellowed one bit this year. Not sure why I should expect it to happen to these cords. "Whatever you do, take care of your shoes"

This is the 2000 Concord release I remember lol. Stores sold out in less than an hour. Nowhere to found the days following. I had 3 dudes with me to help me cop and avoid scuffles. Memories lol.

They sold out quick in some areas, but I was able to call around and walk into a store 2 weeks after release and buy Concords in 2000. This was in GA. This was the end of the era when you could actually sit on a bench and try Air Jordans on to get the correct size. The last time I stood in any sneaker line was for 2001 Columbia Retros, at about 25 people waiting in front of the store gate 15 minutes before release.
I skipped school that day.

Originally Posted by kingkong8624

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

bordeaux's hit outlets. only white cement and true blue iii's hit outlets. black cement iii's haven't because they only released in november. b grades won't hit outlets (if they do) until around spring time. usually it's about 6 months from release date for stuff to hit outlets from what i've seen. sometimes it's sooner but you never know. majority of good stuff is already scooped up by locals and resellers before people on nt find out. not the same as before. and to the guy who said how i got b grade concord xi's at midnight, i got them from ndc. the quality on them was atrocious. so many problems on them like i stated i.e. glue stain around the '23' on the back of the left shoe, jumpman sat high on the left shoe, wasn't aligned between the '23', and the gap between the pl on the right shoe in the back where it aligns together.

which outlet are you going to? my local nike outlet doesn't sell anything but trash.

my local outlets do suck for anything jordan retro and i'm in northern ca. last memorable thing hitting any outlets my way was carmine vi's in folsom and hare vii's in vacaville. get to know nikefind thru nike 800 number. it's a lot cheaper to have the shoes shipped to me than for me to drive 2+ hours to an outlet with the price of gas plus v-8 engine = $$$$. anyway, getting back to the concords, prices have dipped a little on ebay. noticing a lot of pairs in my size 11.5 selling for $300-$320. now is the perfect time to buy because the prices will spike up when b grades hit the market.

went to my local spot here on my island this past weekend. they have all sizes including half sizes to my amazement i didnt realize barbados would even get pairs. when i went to take a look at the 11s,  the owner told me that 3 men were shooting each other over these kicks on christmas eve. 2 men were injured and had gun shot wounds
indifferent.gif
 and i remember seeing that article in the newspaper that day, but didnt know it was an argument over the concords. wow 
laugh.gif

I disagree, but It depends on what you consider quick? I could still add 150 pairs of sz 12's to my cart on NDC 2 days after release. Maybe in your local stores they were gone, but they were available online at the very least a couple days after release. 

cnoriega wrote:
I disagree, but It depends on what you consider quick? I could still add 150 pairs of sz 12's to my cart on NDC 2 days after release. Maybe in your local stores they were gone, but they were available online at the very least a couple days after release. 

yea you can add 150 pairs but it wasn't gonna let you checkout. i'm sure all the US authorized online sites sold out before the sun came up... and if you meant the 2000s release. you mean when majority of people were still using dial up and everyone and their mom had a nokia or ericsson cell phone...
laugh.gif
  the year before the first ipod was produced...

Originally Posted by itzzzberny

cnoriega wrote:

yea you can add 150 pairs but it wasn't gonna let you checkout. i'm sure allthe US authorized online sites sold out before the sun came up... and if you meant the 2000s release. you mean when majority of people were still using dial up and everyone and their mom had a nokia or ericsson cell phone...
laugh.gif
  the year before the first ipod was produced...
Yes I meant 2000's, thats what we're talking about. I successfully ordered 100 pairs of the 2000 Concords! I also had about 75 pairs of the B Grades that hit outlets. I remember that release VEEEERY clearly. They were readily available days if not weeks after release. 

Here's my snipes.

January 14, 2012, 11:24 pm

BELL GARDENS, CA 90201

International Parcels

Depart USPS Sort Facility

January 14, 2012

BELL GARDENS, CA 90201

January 14, 2012, 6:32 pm

BELL GARDENS, CA 90201

January 11, 2012, 1:15 am

JERSEY CITY, NJ 07097

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

Processed Through Sort Facility

December 28, 2011, 2:35 am

FRANKFURT AM MAIN, GERMANY

Processed Through Sort Facility

December 27, 2011, 10:19 pm

SAULHEIM, GERMANY

Acceptance

December 27, 2011, 5:49 pm

GERMANY

Originally Posted by cnoriega

Yea i think he probably meant locally. Because the concords didn't move fast at all in NY. They didn't completely sell out here in NY till around christmas, and that was only because at the time everyone wanted the space jams for christmas. Many people bought the concords as a second resort. I'm pretty sure they were sitting on eastbay till chirstmas time as-well. If anyone has a copy of the january 2002 eastbay clearence catalog, almost all the xi's (apart from the breds and the cool greys) in the kids sizes were still available "IN THE CLEARANCE CATALOG". Does anyone remember that or have a copy of that page?

bring value down. My friend got two spacejams a year after release with yellowing at the bottom brand new. Sold one for 410 and the other for 382 shipped. So yellowing doesn't matter as long as it's deadstock brand new.

badboy074 wrote: Yellowing Doesn't Really....
bring value down. My friend got two spacejams a year after release with yellowing at the bottom brand new. Sold one for 410 and the other for 382 shipped. So yellowing doesn't matter as long as it's deadstock brand new.

Shoooot.. to me I will say it most certainly does... Im hoping the added blue tint helps with the yellowing  cuz I dont rock em after it sets in.

I think when the Cement 4's drop next month prices will dip a little. Many people are still sitting on a lot still.

Back
Top Bottom