Air Jordan XI Retro - White/Concord/Black - CONFIRMED - Holiday 2011

Originally Posted by ijapino

When it comes to shoes, I don't believe they're such things as "Replicas".....They're either real or fake. It's not like jerseys where we could have a cheaper marked down version of an authentic on-court product.

With that said, I'm still not thoroughly convinced SDS, AR or Marquee are selling fakes. I believe they are legit products received in a probably less than ethical way (Probably smuggled out the back door....). The pictures of Space Jams people posted in the past 10-15 pages look as legit as they come. The minor differences between two shoes is still not enough to convince me. We can't sit here and all of a sudden forget that Nike/JB's quality control over the past 10 years has been on the decline. We read about complaints about the quality almost on a daily basis so we can't expect these shoes to be any different. We've seen legit pairs with Jumpmans stitched upside down on the tongue, stitching mishaps, paint chipping/peeling, glue stains and shoes being out of alignment. Are they deemed fake? No, just another quality complaint that gets chalked up.

The boxes and paper being different is no different. How many times have we heard of two different people with the same size shoe get two different sized boxes. Happened alot with the IX's last year and I'm sure everybody's collection of CDP boxes don't match up perfectly. I know mine don't and every single one of them were bought thru a legitimate source. Boxes and shoes are not made in the same factory. Different factories will produce boxes based on the specs they're given. I was speaking with the owner of a popular sneaker site about COOL Grey V's he purchased from a retailer in France being released in red/black NIKE boxes (from the 90's!). Doesn't surprise me.
but this still doesn't explain how they can "smuggle" or do whatever they do with so many pair and not get caught. and how can anyone explain the pics of the 2 year old space jams w/ perfectly clear soles??? unless its an old pic, sumthing aint right imo

When it comes to shoes, I don't believe they're such things as "Replicas".....They're either real or fake. It's not like jerseys where we could have a cheaper marked down version of an authentic on-court product.

With that said, I'm still not thoroughly convinced SDS, AR or Marquee are selling fakes. I believe they are legit products received in a probably less than ethical way (Probably smuggled out the back door....). The pictures of Space Jams people posted in the past 10-15 pages look as legit as they come. The minor differences between two shoes is still not enough to convince me. We can't sit here and all of a sudden forget that Nike/JB's quality control over the past 10 years has been on the decline. We read about complaints about the quality almost on a daily basis so we can't expect these shoes to be any different. We've seen legit pairs with Jumpmans stitched upside down on the tongue, stitching mishaps, paint chipping/peeling, glue stains and shoes being out of alignment. Are they deemed fake? No, just another quality complaint that gets chalked up.

The boxes and paper being different is no different. How many times have we heard of two different people with the same size shoe get two different sized boxes. Happened alot with the IX's last year and I'm sure everybody's collection of CDP boxes don't match up perfectly. I know mine don't and every single one of them were bought thru a legitimate source. Boxes and shoes are not made in the same factory. Different factories will produce boxes based on the specs they're given. I was speaking with the owner of a popular sneaker site about COOL Grey V's he purchased from a retailer in France being released in red/black NIKE boxes (from the 90's!). Doesn't surprise me.

Hey iljapino,

Whats your take on the see through sole on the toe cap supposedly being the new tell-tale sign of fakes?  Milky sole on the toe cap is supposedly how all XIs are made after(including) CG XI last year.

I have no idea who nooblee is or how he knows the stuff that he know.  He hasnt provided any source to substantiate his claim, other than of course showing pictures of the different in sole and difference on the BC IIIs.

I mean if marqueesole's owner is coming on here to specifically defend himself against these allegation, i would think there is some truth to nooblee's claim.  Either this is all just a carefully collaborated set up, or its true to some degree.

EDIT:  The more i think about it, with everything that is presented so far, couldnt someone make a case that the shoes with see through sole are actually the real ones?  Same goes for the BC IIIs, i bet someone can make a case that the shoe with extra padding is actually the real pairs.......Until these drop stateside, no one knows for sure.

Originally Posted by three2three

Originally Posted by cubanref

You have the owner of Marquee himself saying that SDS and AR selling fakes and that he too may have been duped. What more convincing do you want?
Wouldn't you say the same if they were your competition?
NoobLee is the one who called them all out. Ming was the only one to defend his stance. AR and SDS both have accounts so they all had equal chance to respond to the accusations. 
True but maybe their accounts are banned for spamming or something or they are to busy with the shipment of the shoes...I'm not taking anybodies side, but its a cut throat business and some people will do anything to get ahead. Maybe MS didn't get his shipment of concords because AR and SDS got to them first and now he's trying to say they have fakes, so that when his come in people will buy from him? I really don't know lol...That post by Cez had me thinking lol  

Wouldn't you say the same if they were your competition?
NoobLee is the one who called them all out. Ming was the only one to defend his stance. AR and SDS both have accounts so they all had equal chance to respond to the accusations. 
True but maybe their accounts are banned for spamming or something or they are to busy with the shipment of the shoes...I'm not taking anybodies side, but its a cut throat business and some people will do anything to get ahead. Maybe MS didn't get his shipment of concords because AR and SDS got to them first and now he's trying to say they have fakes, so that when his come in people will buy from him? I really don't know lol...That post by Cez had me thinking lol  
Well the def not shipping as seen by the posts in here. Most are getting refunded or getting the run around.
Eddo. Check ebay. Theres milky toes and see-thru toes for auction right now. SDS pictured milky toes. most the "legit" ( use the term loosely) have milky toes. AR showed see through and according to the insider...see-thru is a doo doo.

laugh.gif
the only substantial thing nooblee has said is about the cloudy toecap which then raised the issue of legit cool greys having clear as well as cloudy toecaps so in the end he has said nothing substantial and has made a bunch of insinuations and accusations.

still no explanation for how all of these sites have 300+ units of 2009 spacejams with icy soles selling right now..

Originally Posted by KOBEFTW

still no explanation for how all of these sites have 300+ units of 2009 spacejams with icy soles selling right now..
True but what made you decide to buy them in the first place? No hate just wondering?

Ok.....First off when can we get the Morpheus Matrix "What is Real" gif that sombody posted in the Ray Allen thread?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Neway Im Speechless..... Mind Blown.....although I kinda already supected this. I dont copp early for numerous reasons but this further solidifies why I dont. Im not old but I know a thing or two and there is an old saying that we all should know that goes "If its too good to be true, it probably isn't" just saying.

This reminds me of the early 2000's when all those fakes were in circulation and had even OG sneakerheads like my older cousin (who always wore authentics) coppin "Royal Blue and White XI's" "Online" which I guess was new and cool at the time. Only to recieve some fake a#$ icey blue and white supposed XIs from CHINA, wrapped in plastic further giving it away as a fake with not even coming in an box at all. These kinda sites used to do people even dirtier back then than they do today. They know now that sneakerheads are not so easy to fool these days. So it seems they have "uped the ante" if you will, and started producing these High grade, highly sophisticated Fakes. As sneakerheads have progressed, they have progressed and I believe they stop making the rediculous easy to spot PEs and got obviously better at focusing their attention on OG colorway replicas/FAKES that the average person cant spot with just looking. I totally agree with Proto about had it not been for those "Super Icey SJ restocks", the wool would still be pulled over alot of sneakerheads eyes.

Originally Posted by dhtowng

I totally agree with Proto about had it not been for those "Super Icey SJ restocks", the wool would still be pulled over alot of sneakerheads eyes.
Yup. They got greedy ..

ijapino wrote:
With that said, I'm still not thoroughly convinced SDS, AR or Marquee are selling fakes. I believe they are legit products received in a probably less than ethical way (Probably smuggled out the back door....). 

Hmmmm... 
2zqu9ol.jpg

2mq9v2t.jpg

w6xc2s.jpg

One came from Air-Randy, the other?

Finishline!

Guess which one's the Randy pair?

Originally Posted by eddo1005

Originally Posted by flores

Can we stop with the milky toes...
laugh.gif
..cant even take you guys serious anymore..
30t6p3b.gif

alright, cloudy toes. 
wink.gif
Ok can you clear up this whole "cloudy toes" ordeal? Because I don't understand it at all.
If the shoe has a cloudy toe it means its real or fake?

Originally Posted by MrYoungMoney

ijapino wrote:
With that said, I'm still not thoroughly convinced SDS, AR or Marquee are selling fakes. I believe they are legit products received in a probably less than ethical way (Probably smuggled out the back door....). 

Hmmmm... 
2zqu9ol.jpg

2mq9v2t.jpg

w6xc2s.jpg

One came from Air-Randy, the other?

Finishline!

Guess which one's the Randy pair?

Ok, I'll play. Shoe on the right are finishlines.

Originally Posted by eddo1005

Can we stop with the milky toes...
laugh.gif
..cant even take you guys serious anymore..
30t6p3b.gif

alright, cloudy toes. 
wink.gif
Ok can you clear up this whole "cloudy toes" ordeal? Because I don't understand it at all.
If the shoe has a cloudy toe it means its real or fake?

sure,

Basically someone called Nooblee, out of the blue posted pictures of concords with see through sole on the toe cap, and deemed them fake.  He also posted concords with cloudy sole on the toe cap and deemed them to be real.

He then elaborated that, this whole A++++++++ replicas is something that started recently with the BC IIIs, concord XIs, and............restocked SJ.  He mentioned that AR concords are fake, and marqueesole sold a fake pair to sneakgeekz.  He then went on to say, marqueesole got duped this time, because he always wanted to be the first one with the latest release.  He then went on to say that Jay has been sending out pictures of a legit pair of concord with cloudy sole on the toe cap.  He said Jay even sent zyzz a real pair of concords.........but then he says that Jay is playing it smart and sending out pics of the real shoe, while preparing to ship fake concords(see through) to fill orders.  Nooblee implied that the reason he waited this long to come out with the info is because if he came out early with it, then AR, SDS would have their shoes sent back for more doctoring(ie making the sole cloudly at the toe cap).  Since AR has already begun shipping, he came out with the info.  Now the delays that are happening at SDS, as he claim, are because Jay is having his shoes remade with the cloudly toe cap.

So if we are going by what nooblee has said only, then if you are buying concords, bc iiis, restocked SJ, then you are most likely receiving fake pairs(or A++++++reps, however you want to call them).

He does not, however, make accusation that anything else besides the 3 shoes mentiond aboved to be fake.  ie, the early released SJ(released prior to 2009 RD) are not necessarily fakes, as a matter of fact, are probably real.  Every other model not including the 3 mentioned above that are sold should all in theory be real, as he made no claims that those are fake.

The one thing that's bothering me about the whole translucent vs opaque toe is that shouldn't the entire sole be "clear"? If it's the same material and we can see the carbon fiber through it on the bottom shouldn't you see where the midsole and the patent leather meet up then too?

Looking closely at some pics that show a opaque toe, it looks like there's something between that part of the sole and the patent leather. Almost like glue or a thin layer of midsole that extends through the toe.

*edit* just looked at my pair of 2010 Cool Greys and there is definitely a layer of something between the sole and the patent leather that has dried solid and not clear. Don't know if that's the reason for them not being translucent but it's something that's pretty obvious when looking at my shoes.

Originally Posted by RhInoSpOrt

eddo1005 wrote:

So if we are going by what nooblee has said only, then if you are buying concords, bc iiis, restocked SJ, then you are most likely receiving fake pairs(or A++++++reps, however you want to call them).

and don't forget the suspect promo 4's and rays.

I didnt really mention those, because my only interest lies with SDS, and if you check his site, he didnt have those shoes listed for sale, and doesnt have them for sale now either.

AGREE !!!I also think that those early release seller are legit.... But maybe with not the best quality out of factory.... In addition, i don't think every single product will have the same exact quality (same cutting, same placement, or even same exact material).... Come on guys it's hand made by people.... No way that 2 or 3 or more person will made it exactly the same.... Quality Control will not ever be 100% perfect....

Back
Top Bottom