Air Jordan XI Retro - White/Concord/Black - CONFIRMED - Holiday 2011

im quoting sole supremacy, definitely a good read..

link : http://www.solesupremacy.com/

August 15, 2011 http://[h3]FOOD FOR THOUGHT...[/h3]If you have a good 10 to 15 minutes...read this...(I added more to this post if you've already read it...read it again...lol...)

A ton of people always ask me what I think or feel about sites/people who sell early releases and they quality of the product...my boy Mike from CHAMPIONSLEAGUE linked me this crazy thread on NT about early release sites & the quality of products people are receiving and I stumbled across this on the thread...which was featured on sneakerfreaker.com...It's exactly what I tell people...Here's the article below...

***I DID NOT WRITE THE ARTICLE BELOW***It was featured on sneakerfreaker.com according to my sources...

SO WHICH ONE IS WHICH?

FAKE - by definition means not authentic or genuine. Fake product is the term used for the illegal copying and manufacturing of name-brand products. In also goes by the other names like imitation, replicas, knockoffs or bootleg. BOOTLEGGING is to produce, reproduce and distribute without authorization or license. COUNTERFEIT is an imitation with intent of fraudulently passing it off as genuine. In essence Fake is a poor DUPLICATE of the genuine product.

For example, a Fake Jordan IV starts by obtaining an authentic Jordan IV (normally smuggled out from the original factory) to reverse engineer, make a mold and use inferior direct and indirect materials in the build. If you reproduce more Fake Jordan IV for distribution then you are BOOTLEGGING. If you intend to pass your FAKE Jordan IV as genuine, then you are COUNTERFEITING.

VARIANT is a sneaker with slight variation in the official product. Un-released official colorways that is not distributed to the public are also called Variants (like team college sneakers for players).

FACTORY VARIANTS can either be authentic (will discuss later) or fakes made to look different at factory level i.e. colorways or materials. Variants came into prominence in the sneaker hobby after Jordan retired for the 2nd time with the release of the Jordan XV. What’s ironic is variants pave way to Customization of sneakers and in a way, Nike ID.

HYBRIDS are sneakers made from two or more models fused together. In the 80s especially in Asia before Nike gave distribution rights, retailers buy straight from the factories. Any sneakers damaged in transit are fixed and glued together often times resulting in a sneaker with a different top or bottom. So these sneakers are usually one-offs and not necessarily fakes, it’s just the result of the retailer not wanting to lose a sale. Again, ironically, hybrids pave way to Nike fusions.

FACTORY SECONDS means imperfections found on the finished product which is also same as B-GRADES. B-Grades are sneakers that fail the quality inspection. There are two kinds of B-Grades.

FACTORY B-GRADES are sneakers that didn’t make the final cut in the manufacturing process i.e. factory, before shipment to the warehouse for distribution. Usually these sneakers are considered faulty and ‘written off’ (will discuss later).

OUTLET B-GRADES are finished sneakers shipped from the factory but failed the quality inspection for official distribution to the retailers-consumers. Failed units are usually sneakers with minor cosmetic flaws. Usually if one unit fails the inspection, 100 units before and after are taken out and considered B-Grades i.e. 1 fail unit = 201 B-Grades units to the outlets.

OK, SO WHERE DOES (EARLY RELEASE SITES) FIT IN THE SCHEME OF THINGS?

The best way to describe (ANY EARLY RELEASE SITE) is that they cater for the demand that never existed before in the sneaker industry. Can I coin this term or trademark it? LOL. Anyway, I call these sneakers == GREY SNEAKERS

GREY SNEAKERS?!! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU SMOKING?!

You see, fake sneakers are one of the commodities found in the black market. A BLACK MARKET is the trade of goods and services that are illegal in themselves and/or distributed through illegal channels, such as the selling of stolen goods or counterfeits.

A GREY MARKET is the trade of a commodity through distribution channels which, while legal, are unofficial, unauthorized, or unintended by the original manufacturer. The term grey economy, however, refers to workers being paid under the table, without paying income taxes etc. It is sometimes referred to as the underground economy or "hidden economy".

So that's why I call them GREY SNEAKERS. It’s not fake because its authentic materials etc but not legit because it is un-authorized, un-sanctioned by Nike. These don't "exist" in a way because on paper these "excess units" (see factory B-Grades) are shown as defects and/or write offs in the manufacturing cost of the Chinese OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturers) when Nike does an audit.

Please picture this scenario.

1. Jordan Brand meeting in Jan 2011, OK’s the retro of the Air Jordan III in Holiday 2011. JB instructed the factory to make a ‘sample’.

2. Sample produced and shown in JB meeting in March 2011. JB’s approved the sample.

3. The sample and ‘TECH PACK’ are given to the OEM factory in June 2011 for mass production of say 1000 units for $XXX money.

4. The OEM factory was given 3 months from July to September 2011 to produce 1000 units.

5. The OEM factory allows OVERRUNS to compensate for possible faulty, defected units or Factory B-Grades. Therefore the factory produces 1000 units + OVERRUN units.

6. The OEM shows these OVERRUNS in the manufacturing cost as write-offs so on paper when Nike does an audit these are considered ‘destroyed’.

7. The OEM instead of ‘destroying’ the write-offs instead sell these units for extra $XXX. This is where (EARLY RELEASE SITES) comes in.

8. Usually the (EARLY RELEASE SITES) get the first batch or the run of units thus the sneakers may look slightly different (see Variant as well) and different packaging and accessories (e.g. the shoe horn used is from previous stock).

9. (EARLY RELEASE SITES) sells these units in July and September online to us, sneaker aficionados, which is the same timeline at the production time at the factory. THUS out in the streets months in advance of the official release date.

10. Once the OEM finished the order and shipped the 1000 units, they can be greedy and sell the TECH PACKS and SAMPLE to the counterfeit industry.

11. JB received the 1000 units in the warehouse in October. Looks for any potential outlet B-Grade units then distribute the remainder to the retailers for the Dec 2011 Holiday release.

Don’t be naive to think that the Triads etc are not a part of this. They do in the Black Market but they are keeping an eye at the Grey Market as well.

NIKE SHOULD DO SOMETHING!

NOPE! This is the tradeoff for Nike outsourcing their intellectual property to countries with little or even no regard to patents/trademarks, brand protection and lack labor practices in the name of maximizing profits.

At the end of the day, Nike is not pursuing the Grey Market Merchants of the sneaker world. WHY?

1. It hardly put a dent on the $$$ billions gross sale profit of Nike

2. Sneakers worn out in the street months in advance of the release are UNPAID PUBLICITY and MARKETING. Nike is really a marketing company as well.

SO ARE THEY GOOD OR BAD?

These sneaker merchants see a market for these grey sneakers and they capitalize on it. It wise business move I say because if (EARLY RELEASE SITES) don't, someone else will. If they stay in the grey market then IMO its all good but if they are doing counterfeiting then HATE HATE.

Again it really is a fine line. In the end we THE CONSUMER WINS because WE HAVE A CHOICE. Let the buyer beware. IT IS WHAT IT IS.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]***END OF ARTICLE***[/color]

Originally Posted by flores

I contemplated ordering for one reason...camping out 
sick.gif

Especially with all the masses that flock. 

For the SJ I had a connect at hoh so no campout, for the cool greys I had to camp out in the cold..never in my life.
30t6p3b.gif
Pretty much if you don't have a niketown store there's a chance it's going to be hard to get it through the mall. That's why i am lucky to have a niketown here in los angeles. They let me know if i have a chance to get them or not. If i don't i just get another size and trade for my size. That's it. Plus last year when i camped out for the cg i got a few more pairs after all the numbers have been called so i know it will be the same this year since there's equal if not more amounts of concords being released. So i'm not worried. Gonna wake up at 4am line up till 8am when they pass out the wristbands and come back that night for the midnight release friday go to get in line after i snag my pair and get a few more pairs before i go home get some nap time and go to work that day.

From Air-Randy Facebook...

[h2][/h2]
[h2]shipment update for the jordan xi concord[/h2]

by AIR-RANDY.COM on Thursday, August 18, 2011 at 7:45am

cocord shipment update for everybody !! .....

first of all i am deepy sorry about the long delay from us which is not usually happen from Air-Randy ... and here is the details ! thanks

up until yesterday we had done about 150package ship to our buyers and today we had done another 220package ship !!!

tomorrow we will ship out another 100package and before Saturday we will be able to ship out all the first shipment of the concord xi for everybody who had placed the order to us !

once again we are very sorry for such bad the late arrangement as i promise to all that we will do much better job from now on and in future !!!

for those buyers who had placed the dispute to paypal, kindly cancel the dispute so that we can execute your shipment for your orders tomorrow / day after if not the shipment will be just pended here as we will only ship the order after the dispute is closed !!! thanks

best regards,

Air Randy @@

I filed a dispute and woke up to find my tracking number working
pimp.gif

^Great read, Moelest. Thanks for posting that. I've been wondering about early release sites for quite some time.

Props for the info, but I still don't think I'm down with the whole idea of it in terms of morality.
eyes.gif

I'm done with this thread. I don't buy from early release sites so none of this affects me since I get my shoes from legit retailers on RD.

If yall want to continue to buy 99.9% authentic shoes, go for it. 0.1% doesn't make a difference to some of you but it does to me. If you truly love shoes and appreciate the history and legacy of the shoes and shoe culture (pre-2007) then you won't settle for less than 100% authentic.

I will say this though, as a consumer, if the "grey market" shoes ever take the cost leadership strategy - as in undercutting JB's prices (say $90 for a $180 MSRP shoe) - I will be hard-pressed not to opt to buy shoes from the "grey market" sellers. I'm getting 99.9% of the product at 50% of the cost; it's a no-brainer.

But I will never pay more than MSRP for 99.9% authentic shoe.

Yeah...Until I get the shoes in hand, I'm pretty much taking that article posted by Solesupremacy, as well as the one written by (I believe) sneakerfreaker (that said just about the same thing) as the gospel. Now, if they get to me and look like those Anniversary XI's a few pages back, I will definitely be sending them back. Otherwise, I'm just gonna keep it movin. After seeing that vid last night from "Black Fitted" (or whatever nonsense name that was) on Youtube last night....I'm STILL STOKED!!!! Can't wait to see what's good!

Originally Posted by KG21

I'm done with this thread. I don't buy from early release sites so none of this affects me since I get my shoes from legit retailers on RD.

If yall want to continue to buy 99.9% authentic shoes, go for it. 0.1% doesn't make a difference to some of you but it does to me. If you truly love shoes and appreciate the history and legacy of the shoes and shoe culture (pre-2007) then you won't settle for less than 100% authentic.

I will say this though, as a consumer, if the "grey market" shoes ever take the cost leadership strategy - as in undercutting JB's prices (say $90 for a $180 MSRP shoe) - I will be hard-pressed not to opt to buy shoes from the "grey market" sellers. I'm getting 99.9% of the product at 50% of the cost; it's a no-brainer.

But I will never pay more than MSRP for 99.9% authentic shoe.

Cool story bro,more early releases for us.
 I've been beating my REAL 2011 BC3s this summer, and going to bust out the Hoya 14s this weekend.  
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Oh, you guys still want to call SUPER FAKES B-grades? 

^I prefer the "Overrun" scenario/hypothesis. NoobLee, where'd you cop your REAL BCIII's from so early and the Hoya XIV's???

If I tell you that Promo CDP 4s was only the beginning, there's Promo Mars, Military and Thunder 4s coming out soon, what would you say? 
roll.gif

How does a ICY restock of Space Jams in summer 2011 make any sense? 
roll.gif
roll.gif

Looks like Ming is done in this thread too, it's just going to be me alone trying to convince you that a couple of these sites sold fakes. 
Hmmmmmm.

Randy shipped out 120 pairs.

Enjoy your pairs.

I remember back in the day we used to wait till the shoe dropped, cop it & enjoy it.
Now it's all Shoe-Illuminati & takes the fun out of it

Originally Posted by three2three

Originally Posted by ijapino

When it comes to shoes, I don't believe they're such things as "Replicas".....They're either real or fake. It's not like jerseys where we could have a cheaper marked down version of an authentic on-court product.

With that said, I'm still not thoroughly convinced SDS, AR or Marquee are selling fakes. I believe they are legit products received in a probably less than ethical way (Probably smuggled out the back door....). The pictures of Space Jams people posted in the past 10-15 pages look as legit as they come. The minor differences between two shoes is still not enough to convince me. We can't sit here and all of a sudden forget that Nike/JB's quality control over the past 10 years has been on the decline. We read about complaints about the quality almost on a daily basis so we can't expect these shoes to be any different. We've seen legit pairs with Jumpmans stitched upside down on the tongue, stitching mishaps, paint chipping/peeling, glue stains and shoes being out of alignment. Are they deemed fake? No, just another quality complaint that gets chalked up.

The boxes and paper being different is no different. How many times have we heard of two different people with the same size shoe get two different sized boxes. Happened alot with the IX's last year and I'm sure everybody's collection of CDP boxes don't match up perfectly. I know mine don't and every single one of them were bought thru a legitimate source. Boxes and shoes are not made in the same factory. Different factories will produce boxes based on the specs they're given. I was speaking with the owner of a popular sneaker site about COOL Grey V's he purchased from a retailer in France being released in red/black NIKE boxes (from the 90's!). Doesn't surprise me.

You have the owner of Marquee himself saying that SDS and AR selling fakes and that he too may have been duped. What more convincing do you want?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

first post in like 20 pages but that dudes info doesnt count, of course hes gonna say that to save his own butt. he has not other contacts or sources, they get them from the same place. the shoes are not fake.

i asked Jay about the space jams and he told me he talked to the supplier and will have an explanation. we will see what it is

Originally Posted by hostos

Originally Posted by solesearch22

AR sent me another email last night saying he was getting ready to ship and has been shipping all of this week. I'm still 50/50 on all of this, not making my mind up until I have mine in my posession. According to "NoobLee" in a PM last night, he claims that AR and Jay are doctoring their pairs so that nobody notices the defects. I still don't buy the whole thing. Someone prove something to me either way though, whether real or fake

what email is he using bro?

i just want to be sure im writing to the correct one!

Thanks

The email I got him on is [email protected] ....every time I have emailed him he has responded with 1 or 2 emails, I personally think his communication is fine.

Moelest - good read - that's the link I posted a couple pages back, I have said from the beginning there are over runs of every shoe. Like the article says, if 1 shoe is messed up, they take out 100pc before it and after just to make sure, that's an extra 200 shoes that nothing is wrong with that are being written off. And there are 20,000+ workers in a single NIKE FACTORY, and you don't think someone is "messing up" a shoe here and there so that they can sell some out of the back door? Some of these workers are working for a couple dollars a day, there is no minimum wage or regulations there, these people are hustling the same way we would.

With that being said, I can't say I am 100% confident that there are not some fakes mixed in these shipments, I just don't know yet until we start getting our pairs. We shall all see

This thread is more interesting than a Jerry Springer fight. Looks like another unproductive day in the office! lol

NoobLee why don't you just say what it is you do or who you know and explain to us all why you are saying the things you are? Stop keeping everyone in the dark on all of your info. You act like you're about to be in trouble or something if you tell us what's going on lol. That's what sneakerheads do, share info.

At this point....you need more people

Pics or proof, please

I hate when people make up nicknames and apply them to certain sneakers... anyway IMO the evidence has been shown and its pretty much common sense.

Its sad to see that so many people lack the common sense to see what is going on but your money so your loss. We all know that China is the bootleg capital of the world and we all know that these same sites that y'all are buying these early release from have already been exposed to selling fakes years ago but you still continue to ignore the obvious.

Unfortunately these early release site will never go out of business because of those who swear by these sites and the sneaker world will continue to get polluted by these fakes. Ill stick to the pairs that are purchased on RD and have the peace of mind that I have an authentic sneaker that i got for retail, not a fake that I paid extra money for.

To each his own but some of you guys will learn the hard way. A hard head always makes a soft ***

Originally Posted by hostos

AR sent me another email last night saying he was getting ready to ship and has been shipping all of this week. I'm still 50/50 on all of this, not making my mind up until I have mine in my posession. According to "NoobLee" in a PM last night, he claims that AR and Jay are doctoring their pairs so that nobody notices the defects. I still don't buy the whole thing. Someone prove something to me either way though, whether real or fake

what email is he using bro?

i just want to be sure im writing to the correct one!

Thanks

The email I got him on is [email protected] ....every time I have emailed him he has responded with 1 or 2 emails, I personally think his communication is fine.

Thanks fam

NoobLee why don't you just say what it is you do or who you know and explain to us all why you are saying the things you are? Stop keeping everyone in the dark on all of your info. You act like you're about to be in trouble or something if you tell us what's going on lol. That's what sneakerheads do, share info.

Pics or proof, please

Pics of what? the Chinese police going up and down the isles of the XI production line because Randy sold some fakes and got in trouble?
Pics of what? The doctored pairs that's done yesterday?  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Everything is on schedule for sure.

oh well here we go again lol..

the battle of concords army, SDS vs AR..who will be the winner????
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

1. Dates have fluctuated right around "doubt" came around

2. Price changes ( maybe to offset the cost of having them redone)

At the end of the day. 2011 SJs, Promo 4s, FSR of Rays? If thats not fishy to you then you had remedial classes your whole life.

Originally Posted by moelest

oh well here we go again lol..

the battle of concords army, SDS vs AR..who will be the winner????
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

There is no winner, they both sell fakes if you call that winning then you don't need to be posting on here

Originally Posted by NoobLee

Pics or proof, please

Pics of what? the Chinese police going up and down the isles of the XI production line because Randy sold some fakes and got in trouble?
Pics of what? Ming taking the Concords down from his site?

Pics of what? The doctored pairs that's done yesterday?  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Everything is on schedule for sure.

pics OR proof...pics of these fake shoes that you claim SDS and AR are "doctoring" and that's why there's a delay in shipping. In your PM to me you said they're doctoring their pairs. You seem to have pics yesterday of the CF plates, just show full pics and explain what it is you know, that's all. You are stating things but not being all the way clear with it. If you are out to prove something or to help us all out, then just prove it, lay all of the info on the line. You are saying you have access to these REAL early releases but they're selling fakes.

I just want all the facts layed out so its crystal clear, and you seem to have the most info about the situation so why not share it all? Explain the entire situation to us...

Back
Top Bottom