Air Jordan XI Space Jam posts have been merged into ONE TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by tree4twenty

Originally Posted by mafiasco

^haaaaa forreal right. i mean theirs too much influence and push amongst the circle to try to PROVOKE "NON OG COLLECTORS" to choose OG's over RETRO, and i believe thats lame, and ridiculous. every time i turn around its "oh the OG is better" Which shoe do you guys want that you wont complain that the OG is better than the retro?
Jordan shoes were made for basketball. OG's were made for the court. WAY better materials, better fit and well thought out and tested on the court.

These recent retros are just thrown together with cheap materials for casual wear, not on court performance. Hell, you wear some of the shoes they have been putting out for a few hours and your little toe is bleeding. For casual wear and "looking cool", go ahead and buy them, they are great for that, it's just the opposite of what the shoes used to stand for - High quality, better performance, comfortable, basketball shoe.

That's most peoples complaints. They dropped the quality in half, and raised the price tag. If this keeps happening, in 10-12 years, they will be selling us cardboard shoes for $325 and people will buy it.....*cough XX3 cough*

Not to mention the $175 price tag, which is higher than the retail of when they dropped as a high quality shoe.

Don't take this as a complaint and crying, because I'm not that type. Complaining on a message board over something you have no power in is pointless. If I see a shoe I like, I buy it, if I don't like it, I don't buy it...I'm just letting you know the difference between OG and recent retros...

I guarantee that these 09 retros will crease faster, yellow faster and the sole will fall of after 3-4 years of light use. After that 3-4 years, those 00 retros will still be standing strong...

I will be buying these for my 2 daughters as school shoes. None for me....
oh what you say about the materials is probably absolutely true, and much props for your reasonable argument.

but me being a 20 year old young adult, buying 175, well 300 dollar jordans is not basketball use for me, just as you say "casual wear" is exactlywhat their for, and i guarantee you the MAJORITY of niketalkers just do the same. now when those spacejams get old old old, just like my 06 metallic Vs did,then ill use em for basketball, and hop right back on ISS/NIKETALK can cop me another DS pair to do the cycle ALL over again.

but for the "out the gate" moment, i want my soles and SHOES looking brand new, thus my purpose and appreciation for RETRO's.

of course its the "proper design" is the FIRST VERSION. which other version was made that declare the OGs to have the "perfect design"?

and im sorry those soles will never meet heat23s soles, regardless of the amount of sea glow you apply.

and my 09's will be yellow probably after awhile because I wore em, not because they sat up for 9 years and chilled.
I agree about the sole. That's perfect if you care what other people think. I could care less, really. I want a quality shoe, yellow or not. Idon't care what stranger #1 at the gas station thinks...

I don't knock the people who buy shoes like this because I was that same way when I was 20. Wanted to look fly and have the cleanest shoes out of everyonein the room. But, back then, you could have the flyest, cleanest shoes in the room AND have the quality. Now, it's just looks...

What gets me though is they originally made these with the "proper design" and made wonderful shoes, then once then started getting more and moresales with the retros, they started getting cheaper. It's pretty obvious what was said in those meetings...

"Well, this year sales are through the roof. We have made xx,xxx,xxx off of our recent retros. Now, we need to figureout how to make more. Any ideas?"

"We could buy cheaper materials, move to cheaper countries, and pay the workers less."

"Good idea, Jim! Nobody plays basketball anymore, so who cares how the shoeperforms and what the consumer thinks, lets do it. If they want to play basketball, they can stick to the newest sig model, even though the XX3 feels likecardboard and rips your pinky toe apart. We can get these newest SJ's made for $12/each and watch them fall apart."

Smack in the face to all of us who want a quality shoe to wear, not show off...

^haaaaa forreal right. i mean theirs too much influence and push amongst the circle to try to PROVOKE "NON OG COLLECTORS" to choose OG's over RETRO, and i believe thats lame, and ridiculous. every time i turn around its "oh the OG is better" Which shoe do you guys want that you wont complain that the OG is better than the retro?
Jordan shoes were made for basketball. OG's were made for the court. WAY better materials, better fit and well thought out and tested on the court.

These recent retros are just thrown together with cheap materials for casual wear, not on court performance. Hell, you wear some of the shoes they have been putting out for a few hours and your little toe is bleeding. For casual wear and "looking cool", go ahead and buy them, they are great for that, it's just the opposite of what the shoes used to stand for - High quality, better performance, comfortable, basketball shoe.

That's most peoples complaints. They dropped the quality in half, and raised the price tag. If this keeps happening, in 10-12 years, they will be selling us cardboard shoes for $325 and people will buy it.....*cough XX3 cough*

Not to mention the $175 price tag, which is higher than the retail of when they dropped as a high quality shoe.

Don't take this as a complaint and crying, because I'm not that type. Complaining on a message board over something you have no power in is pointless. If I see a shoe I like, I buy it, if I don't like it, I don't buy it...I'm just letting you know the difference between OG and recent retros...

I guarantee that these 09 retros will crease faster, yellow faster and the sole will fall of after 3-4 years of light use. After that 3-4 years, those 00 retros will still be standing strong...

I will be buying these for my 2 daughters as school shoes. None for me....
oh what you say about the materials is probably absolutely true, and much props for your reasonable argument.

but me being a 20 year old young adult, buying 175, well 300 dollar jordans is not basketball use for me, just as you say "casual wear" is exactly what their for, and i guarantee you the MAJORITY of niketalkers just do the same. now when those spacejams get old old old, just like my 06 metallic Vs did, then ill use em for basketball, and hop right back on ISS/NIKETALK can cop me another DS pair to do the cycle ALL over again.

but for the "out the gate" moment, i want my soles and SHOES looking brand new, thus my purpose and appreciation for RETRO's.
Yeah, no prob with that at all. Majority of buyer these day want them for casual wear, but they are making them for that group, and leaving uslong time, basketball playing, customers out in the cold...

I honestly don't think there would be a single complaint if JB released 2 different versions of these recent retros. A casual version just like these andan upgraded basketball version just like the OGs. Everyone would be happy....

not gonna lie, the ICY sole is dope and pretty tempting...also really like the blue on these...however, and it's tough to tell from the pictures that arefloating around...if the shape is like the CDP...I'm out...I don't get how people can even compare the CDP shape to the OG/2001 Retro...it's noteven close...the shape is completely different. also, the sole, if worn won't always be "icey"...so I think I'd rather have the 2000's

i ALSO believe these people talkin about not buying the retros because of the usual reasons are FLAT OUT LYING, bandwagon effect.

SUDDENLY i see all these DS SPACEJAMS coming out the woodwork being SOLD on NIKETALK/ISS/EBAY...and what do you think the reason is? you guess.

and "tree" well sorry the shoes aint made how they use to for you...

but on probably an "immature" note ill probably will get flamed for, "with these spacejams early ill probably be breakin necks and will be ableto get more than usual looks from the ladies"

Hell, I realized that they weren't going to be made for my liking a long time ago. I have accepted that. Nothing more I can do, except buyolder shoes and hope that one day they start releasing 2 different versions, because I know they aren't going to stop with the lower quality. Honestly, Idon't see why they wouldn't bring 2 versions out because they woudl all sell out no matter what, so it would be a win/win....

I got these from the "other" forum please save your ignorant comments. i just wanted to share them with you.
dothedew23 picked these up earlier today. he got them from footalog i believe and they came in a reg jordan box but
pimp.gif
none the less.

Originally Posted by thakidfrombk

I got these from the "other" forum please save your ignorant comments. i just wanted to share them with you.
dothedew23 picked these up earlier today. he got them from footalog i believe and they came in a reg jordan box but
pimp.gif
none the less.

eek.gif
jesus....andpeople sayin these are crap?????? these over piss yellow 00s any day

Originally Posted by thakidfrombk

pimp.gif
none the less.

Theres no way I can't get these and thats for damn sure.

Hell, I realized that they weren't going to be made for my liking a long time ago. I have accepted that. Nothing more I can do, except buy older shoes and hope that one day they start releasing 2 different versions, because I know they aren't going to stop with the lower quality. Honestly, I don't see why they wouldn't bring 2 versions out because they woudl all sell out no matter what, so it would be a win/win....
tree dog, them spacejams he just posted are lookin pretty on point in terms of shape...

IDK if its been noticed or told already in the past pages, but did any of you notice that the tag don't say "Jumpman Jam" and instead says"Jumpman Jordan"?
if its been brought up already then ignore it...
all in all it's still a great shoe, but by the looks it's a lil off from the OG and 2000 retro...but what else can you expect from present day jordanquality?
we all should have known that the quality of jordans now aren't going to be the same as past jordans that have released.
We'll just have to see how the 2009 SJ's are going to hold up from today to the future whether worn or unworn...
I myself still have to wait to get a pair, soon...

^killed the thread, how did you prevent your columbias pl from yellowing, or is that an old pic?

i see JUMPMAN JORDAN

its official, these will be general release.
foot locker will have them and so will foot action. i got a pair on reserve along with the 2 pairs ill have a month early

Originally Posted by dtb00201

patent leather cut = A+

i was just about to scream that!!! lmao

but yea they look more like dmp mold than cdp!
so can we start saying dmp mold rather than cdp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom