Air Jordan XX3 (23) Low Black/Metallic Gold Debut

.....first the majority of the posts hate the XXIII's because they are too "busy". Now we see the lows and the majority of the post say"boring". Which is it? I personally am looking foward to them all!

Originally Posted by twothree4life

.....first the majority of the posts hate the XXIII's because they are too "busy". Now we see the lows and the majority of the post say "boring". Which is it? I personally am looking foward to them all!
It's because the Brand goes from one extreme to the other. There's no in-between with them. Personally, the XX3 Mid wouldn't look so badif the stitching on the side wasn't so dominate. Make that portion blend in more with the shoe and it could possibly look better and change some minds. However, the lows look very uninspired. I'm curious to see how they will pull off other colorways because this shoe is so bland.

Jeez, at least put patent leather on the top and more gold accents. Like most people said, what a boring shoe.

JR5

roll.gif
laugh.gif

Everybody seems to be saying that these are bland, but I think there way better than the XX3 mids. Sometimes i think that a "plain" shoe is wereit's at, there very clean. I didnt like on the mid's how that plastic midsole/mudgaurd swooped up over the top of the toebox. on these they droppedthat and the stiching on the upper looks a lot less cluttered. Not saying there perfect but i wouldnt say they're ugly.
Just the way i feel.

I'm very suprised at how bland these are compared to the mids. The other pics at sneakerfiles show that the stitching pattern on the medial side of theshoe goes in a different direction, which I like. I want to like this shoe, but its hard. There are some nuances I do not like that make it hard. Like, whychange the perforation pattern on the tongue? Its completely different from the mids and looks almost identical to the XXII low. Why such a huge pull tab?Also, why no color except the gold? I'm very excited to find out the details on the stitching patterns for all the XXIII. I think that could help peopletake a closer look at the shoes and appreciate them more.

For the record, I like the fact that the shoe is all black. I like the fact that it doesn't have sparkled, plastic coated fake leather on the toe. (The XIcame out in 1995, get over it already.) A classy all black lowtop is a great idea in theory, but to do an all black shoe in an interesting way, you need acaptivating design to make the shoe worthwhile and you need to use high quality materials to make it worth retail.

Honestly, why would anyone pay $135+ for this product? What's special about it? What, other than the NAME, truly distinguishes this shoe from a $40 casualshoe? The plastic? The low grade nubuck? The uninspired embroidery pattern that resembles low grade carpeting? Am I supposed to be blown away by the thickstitching at the sole and its striking resemblance to an old pair of hush puppies? Why do I, even as someone who's been wearing Jordans since 1990, careabout this shoe?

This shoe has no appeal. It's the XX low all over again.

Back
Top Bottom