Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

Took them back and exchanged them ASAP

Did this happen from playing ball??! That would be the second case of toe separation if true.

The price tag is ridiculous, but I'd consider getting the blue colorway. I don't think they look all that bad zipped down.

Did this happen from playing ball??! That would be the second case of toe separation if true.

Yea. I'm a pretty jerky ball player and cut a lot. However, for $270 after tax that's unacceptable. If the issue occurs again ill be sending them back to Nike for a voucher, which sucks cause these are the best basketball shoes I've ever worn.

Read through that article, and still, the only plausible explanation I found would be either the increased use of what I would assume to be genuine carbon fiber, that "special" fabric for the shroud, or both.  

Pretty sure that Swiss fabric has been used in past shoes before for a significantly lower price, so it has got to be the carbon fiber if anything that's causing this inflate price point.  Technology's still pretty much the same, just the good ol' Zoom air, but this time around the chassis is designed to optimize Zoom's performance.  Nothing too revolutionary IMO, but that opinion coming from me isn't really valid at this point as I've never even tried on the shoes.  

I'd have to agree with you on that.  Long story short, pretty sure it's just a business tactic to test how far they can get away with increasing the price while still maintaining demand.  
That's certainly plausible. I wouldn't doubt the slowly rising prices are a part of a greater profiting strategy. 

I remember when Jordan went from 99.00 to 105-120.00 or some where around there people where saying these same things. And don't say O they where hot, or this or that. Some of the most coveted retros looked weird as he**, to us when they first came out.

Sole separation would be common in these seeing as they want them to be so light. Minimal glue usuage. I think it's the fly knits, bvbut Nike makes them so they are so light that they fall apart after so many miles.

For these just barge cement the sole back on and it will stay there for life.

I knew the shroud would get dirty but I got scuffs on my shroud already. I ain't really tripping though. That's what happens when you hoop in your kicks.

@Yoof The Zoom doesn't sound like anything new, I agree. However, when I tried it on I could instantly tell this was something else. I have about 50 shoes in my rotation with a preference for modern and this cushioning easily had the biggest initial Wow factor I've ever experienced; it's responsiveness taken to the next level. Hard to describe, but I'll give a try. We usually think of Zoom as responsive in a springy/bouncy way while still being low profile- that's just up and down though. The XX8 has that bounce up and down but you can feel it laterally too. Pivoting from foot to foot you can feel the load and the compression of the cushioning shifting from one side to the other.

Can someone explain to me what is JB's justification for pricing the shoes at $250?  No special brief case like the 17.  The box is still cardboard, sure it comes with a baggie but so did previous signature models for a significantly lower price.  It doesn't even seem like they're making the upper material of the shoe seem special (i.e. Nike marketing Foamposite tech).  From all the pictures I've seen, it doesn't even look like the shoes have a sliver of leather on it.  Is the Schoeller textile really that cutting-edge and functional to merit that price?  Or is it the amount of carbon fiber used?  I would expect these to at LEAST be Nike + ready for this price point.  

good point, the original "leaked image" included a blurb about being nike+ enabled. has anyone looked under the insoles to see if there is any spaces?

even if not, i bet there will be nike+ options available in the future

Can someone explain to me what is JB's justification for pricing the shoes at $250?  No special brief case like the 17.  The box is still cardboard, sure it comes with a baggie but so did previous signature models for a significantly lower price.  It doesn't even seem like they're making the upper material of the shoe seem special (i.e. Nike marketing Foamposite tech).  From all the pictures I've seen, it doesn't even look like the shoes have a sliver of leather on it.  Is the Schoeller textile really that cutting-edge and functional to merit that price?  Or is it the amount of carbon fiber used?  I would expect these to at LEAST be Nike + ready for this price point.  

good point, the original "leaked image" included a blurb about being nike+ enabled. has anyone looked under the insoles to see if there is any spaces?

even if not, i bet there will be nike+ options available in the future

Yea. I'm a pretty jerky ball player and cut a lot. However, for $270 after tax that's unacceptable. If the issue occurs again ill be sending them back to Nike for a voucher, which sucks cause these are the best basketball shoes I've ever worn.

that really is unacceptable.

Shoe companies hype up the new "technology" they put in their shoes, charge an outrageous amount for them and when someone actually uses them for their intended purpose they tear apart smh

Last edited:
I read through this thread and all i can do is laugh. It's funny how the same people who insta-bashed them were the first ones to cop. People who swore up and down that they would hit clearance are now mad that they passed up on them. For me, this release shows three things:

1. Don't compare past and present release dates
2. To never trust anybody's word about copping, until release date hits
3. The power of ONE on foot video :lol:

Back
Top Bottom