Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

$250 and a couple days of use and the toebox is separating, while people say "use shoe goo". PATHETIC. All of it.

I'm actually someone that has seen these grow on them as more CWs appear and the potential for great colorways exists. Yet it's another garbage shoe. Glue doesn't add any significant weight to a shoe and that's an excuse for why they'd fall apart on you after a few wears? I can't even take some of these opinions seriously. Apologists in the worst way possible. I've got a collection of retros and even OGs that are better built than what I just saw. That blows my mind.

Last edited:
Can someone explain to me what is JB's justification for pricing the shoes at $250?  No special brief case like the 17.  The box is still cardboard, sure it comes with a baggie but so did previous signature models for a significantly lower price.  It doesn't even seem like they're making the upper material of the shoe seem special (i.e. Nike marketing Foamposite tech).  From all the pictures I've seen, it doesn't even look like the shoes have a sliver of leather on it.  Is the Schoeller textile really that cutting-edge and functional to merit that price?  Or is it the amount of carbon fiber used?  I would expect these to at LEAST be Nike + ready for this price point.  
Nike's not just pricing it based on materials. They're charging you for brand name. Plus they control about 95% of the basketball sneaker market so they feel the can do whatever they want. If reebok or adidas came in took some market share away with shoes people like and want to buy, nike couldn't get away with such a price.

Last edited:
28s aren't heat though ....
tongue.gif
 but yeah that's a good idea but i would never get around to doing that regularly lol
They're hotter than any of the junk retros that JB produces with cheap plastic leather that cost more than the originals that had leather

Lets not talk about cheap materials when there are pics of them falling apart after a couple wears. That's way more garbage than my retros that at least stay together if I wear them for a game or two of hoops.

Toe splitting is inexcusable on a $250 shoe but it still doesn't make junk retros any better

Last edited:
Anyone have any idea on a release date for the blue camo joints? Ever since I seen them on my Heels, that's the only pair I'm checking for. Still undecided on the scoop though

Last edited:
Anyone have any idea on a release date for the blue camo joints? Ever since I seen them on my Heels, that's the only pair I'm checking for. Still undecided on the scoop though
I'm with you man.  I picked up the black/volt color way this weekend, but need those camo blue's and the bred color way that was previewed.  I've been searching high and low online for release dates on these but don't see anything.  Answers anyone?

Black stealths came in today.

Few thoughts:

They're a bit tight but it works for a basketball shoe. I wouldn't wear these casually. 

The neon green looks terrible.

I like the zipped up look but can't pull it off as I have big calves and the shroud just feels uncomfortable fully zipped.I tried Westbrook's way of foliding just the top, even worse than fully zipped. Completely unzipped they are not supportive so the best compromise I  have found is zipping them just below the jumpan on the tongue and folding it.

The material of the shroud feels VERY CHEAP. At $250 I expect better.

They feel really good. The zoom feels awesome, I don't want to take them off.

Overall, a decent shoe. Don't care for the colorway or the material of the shroud. Certainly overpriced at $250. 

Last edited:
I did a 180 on these after I played in them. I copped the black and volt at HOH and balled in them last night. As soon as I walked on the court I got some crazy looks at my shoes. A lot of people were like WTF are those....they are ugly. Why you wearing boots? Only 1 guy said they looked good.

Performance was unbelievable. The grip and responsiveness is the best I have ever had and the shroud didnt bother me at all. I tried playing with the shroud zipped down and liked the tight feeling more when they are zipped up. Remember how Kobe wanted a shoe that molded to his feet and fit like a glove? Well he should try these. They feel like they are molded onto your feet and feel extra tight. Like you are wearing a wet suit. My biggest complaint was the damn shroud scuffs. I have two big scuffs on the inside by my ankle and one right on the outside. 

Other than that these shoes are amazing. Well done JB on a performance monster.

Do they still have the black/volt pairs at NTs anywhere?
call 21mercer in ny

this. also, you can tweet nike's twitter page with the product and size you are looking for and they will reply with info if its in the system. you can also call the 1800 nike number to get them to check the system for you.

i know these were at a couple malls near me at Footlocker and Champs. Maybe a ship store may work next week.

this. also, you can tweet nike's twitter page with the product and size you are looking for and they will reply with info if its in the system. you can also call the 1800 nike number to get them to check the system for you.

i know these were at a couple malls near me at Footlocker and Champs. Maybe a ship store may work next week.

Thanks man I definitely appreciate that!

I did a 180 on these after I played in them. I copped the black and volt at HOH and balled in them last night. As soon as I walked on the court I got some crazy looks at my shoes. A lot of people were like WTF are those....they are ugly. Why you wearing boots? Only 1 guy said they looked good.
Performance was unbelievable. The grip and responsiveness is the best I have ever had and the shroud didnt bother me at all. I tried playing with the shroud zipped down and liked the tight feeling more when they are zipped up. Remember how Kobe wanted a shoe that molded to his feet and fit like a glove? Well he should try these. They feel like they are molded onto your feet and feel extra tight. Like you are wearing a wet suit. My biggest complaint was the damn shroud scuffs. I have two big scuffs on the inside by my ankle and one right on the outside. 
Other than that these shoes are amazing. Well done JB on a performance monster.

you made a 180 Dunk with them? envy you, I cannot do any dunks on a standard height rim TT
My pairs are going to arrive in.....25 days TT.

Was able to find a pair of the black/volts at NT Chicago. Not sure what they have left.

I had no idea this model would be so difficult to find. JB is playing this very well.

Anyways, I took bigJ505's advice and called Nike Customer Support. They referred me to NT Chicago and said they had 4 pairs of 10.5's in the Black/Volt colorway left. I just called them and they only had a size 8. But they do have a FSR of the "Night Visions."

If anyone gets any info on where we can get these, that would be great.

I had no idea this model would be so difficult to find. JB is playing this very well.

Anyways, I took bigJ505's advice and called Nike Customer Support. They referred me to NT Chicago and said they had 4 pairs of 10.5's in the Black/Volt colorway left. I just called them and they only had a size 8. But they do have a FSR of the "Night Visions."

If anyone gets any info on where we can get these, that would be great.

hmmmm... the next thing id say do it get the SKU (check ebay for pics of the box) and have FNL check their systems also.

i think JB made smaller quantities so that people's thirst would grow. Full GR and many would wait for price cuts.

Went to house of hoops to pick up the black camo..they tell me it was a recall on them....but he sold them too me anyway lol

Went back to HOH to get the Joker XX8s but they sold out. The only ones they had were the night vision greens......I'm surprised that these are selling and I'm not sure if resellers are buying them or people are actually getting them because of the tech. Definitely try a pair on if you have a chance.

Back
Top Bottom