Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

I ordered the "Bred" XX8 from the Somerville Outlet (via Outlet thread :wow: ) last Saturday and they came in yesterday. I was not disappointed! I hooped in them as well. They definitely felt weird at first (one shoe felt a bit higher than the other probably due to the zoom bag), but after a couple of runs, they got very comfortable. Whoever said its like walking on clouds is pretty accurate :lol:

I hope I don't run into any zoom bag popping problems. They are great for hoopin'!

:nthat:  

Dope! :smokin

Mine are at my front door now and I can't wait to play in them!!!

do you guys prefer the xx8 or xx8 se or m10?

XX8! The zoom is softer and has more spring than the others. My SE's are more firm than the XX8's and Melos were too hard for me to even purchase. XX8's didn't have a breakin period unlike the SE's did. The SE's took about a week to soften up a little bit but nothing as soft as the XX8.

Last edited:

i know im late but come on brand jordan. this shoe is a complete atrocity. refund peoples money back for this one
By complete atrocity what do you mean exactly?

As far as the zoom bag issues, I'm no happier than the next guy and yes they should refund for that.  But from a performance basketball shoe standpoint, this is damn near (if not) the best shoe I've played in.

Last edited:

By complete atrocity what do you mean exactly?

As far as the zoom bag issues, I'm no happier than the next guy and yes they should refund for that.  But from a performance basketball shoe standpoint, this is damn near (if not) the best shoe I've played in.
cool, im glad you like how the shoe performs. but im sayin the show looks atrocious. and the fact that they are way overpriced makes it worse.

cool, im glad you like how the shoe performs. but im sayin the show looks atrocious. and the fact that they are way overpriced makes it worse.

Let me give you some Jordan Brand history. They have always been about performance first from day 1. Looks are secondary. This shoe out performs any shoe out there. It is the best shoe I've ever played in period.

Let me give you some Jordan Brand history. They have always been about performance first from day 1. Looks are secondary. This shoe out performs any shoe out there. It is the best shoe I've ever played in period.
cool, im not debating you on how the shoe performs. bravo that its the best basketball shoe out there. BUT, since your talking about "day 1" tell me how the 1 and 2's performed on the court. i got it. like most other basketball shoes. they had no technology that i seen or felt. i been buying jordans since "day 1" of the original run. im my humble opinon some looked better then they performed when compaired to other shoes in the same departments. so IF the jordan brands misson statement is we are about performance over looks, they failed a couple of times on that one

but with all that said 28's look atrcocious (still)

cool, im not debating you on how the shoe performs. bravo that its the best basketball shoe out there. BUT, since your talking about "day 1" tell me how the 1 and 2's performed on the court. i got it. like most other basketball shoes. they had no technology that i seen or felt. i been buying jordans since "day 1" of the original run. im my humble opinon some looked better then they performed when compaired to other shoes in the same departments. so IF the jordan brands misson statement is we are about performance over looks, they failed a couple of times on that one

but with all that said 28's look atrcocious (still)
Yeah there's always been strong opinions about the 28 and it has been polar.  Some people like the futuristic look, including myself, but others don't like the high look.  I think some colorways looked really good, like the original black/volt or the black/crimson/carbons.  Some of the others like the Westbrook ones look really bad to me.  I actually really like the Bamboos also.  Anyhow, to me, the 28 was so extraordinary looking that I liked it.  I like playing ball in them and I like that no one really wears them casually.  There are so many different ways to wear them casually.  I'm actually surprised they didn't catch on more.  They are a unique shoe that I and a lot of other people enjoy.  I think they knew they were taking a big risk with the design, and they can't make everyone happy.  Glad that some didn't like them because it made it easier for me to get them.

That's how Air Jordan's have been from the beginning. I know because I was 16 at the time. A lot of people thought the 1 looked atrocious and it was overpriced at $65. Highest basketball shoe at that time. All these years later it's pretty much the same. :lol:

The only difference, we don't see MJ dominate in these new versions.

That's how Air Jordan's have been from the beginning. I know because I was 16 at the time. A lot of people thought the 1 looked atrocious and it was overpriced at $65. Highest basketball shoe at that time. All these years later it's pretty much the same.
laugh.gif

The only difference, we don't see MJ dominate in these new versions.
well i beg to differ. i personally dont know anyone who though the 1's were ugly when they originally dropped. i go can go on and on but will just leave it there

Finally got the black and neon yesterday and im hyped. straight on foot and comfy .surprising because im wide and flat footed

Last edited:
Finally got the black and neon yesterday and im hyped. straight on foot and comfy .surprising because im wide and flat footed
Nice! Black neon pair is awesome.  The last used for these was actually wider and a bit longer so if you're wide footed, true size should work well.  I definitely had to size .5 down

Last edited:
Anyone know a place where I can get these (w/shroud) for about $100? (Size 9.5-10)

Good luck wtih that. They are popping up at outlets now for $129.99 if you can even find them. I ordered the carbon fibers a few weeks back from someone posting they had them in Boston. They were gone before noon that day and they said they had a huge size run. I think these are going to be even harder to find now that they are drying up.

Good luck wtih that. They are popping up at outlets now for $129.99 if you can even find them. I ordered the carbon fibers a few weeks back from someone posting they had them in Boston. They were gone before noon that day and they said they had a huge size run. I think these are going to be even harder to find now that they are drying up.
I think people just starting to realize how comfortable the xx8 are after the SE and M10 became widely available and now with cheaper price tag everyone wants the original version. 

Back
Top Bottom