Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

If MJ was playing in the NBA right now I can't imagine him balling in these shoes. SMH

Is it just me or do people put too much on this "Technology" of a shoe?
U want some better cushion?? Buy your *** some aftermarket insoles.
U want your foot to be "locked down" tie your ****** shoes tighter.
People really make it seem like all this tech really helps your game out. Just because someone has a Ferrari don't make em a racecar driver.
So if we erase all this tech Nonsense ( because we have the GOAT that played with less than 2% of the tech thats in this shoe) we're just left with an ugly *** shoe.

if high end athletic equipment doesn't appeal to you or if you have no use for high end athletic equipment, air jordans probably aren't for you. maybe you'll prefer them in 20 years when they are "classic retros" being made with inferior materials.

Except that >75% of athletes-- not even including pure "sneakerheads"-- don't require "high-end athletic equipment." Shoes are still an aesthetic purchase for most.

The only way Nike can pull these off is if Michael himself returns to the NBA wearing them. Otherwise, these will sit at retail. Then they will sit at outlets.

Last edited:
The thing about this shoe to me is....it seems like they made this years Jordan's for off the court wear....which I guess they banking on....but what they fail to notice alot of folks still wear J's to hoop in.....i guess since they think since mostly the retro's coming out now are worn for off the court wear...they these will be the same...that will left to be determined....

I guess im one of the few that like them, its different I think with the right colorways others might change their opinions.

This sis a joke. Anyone saying these are dope is nuts!!! Sneaker boots??? C'mon man!!!!!!!!! Even with the boots unzipped they look stupid!!! I have been collecting since the late 80's. and this is not a creative design. It's a rip off of several different past nike shoes!!! Tinker needs to pass the torch to the next generation of sneaker designers and let them carry the Jordan sig line......sooooo disappointed,!!!!!!

This sis a joke. Anyone saying these are dope is nuts!!! Sneaker boots??? C'mon man!!!!!!!!! Even with the boots unzipped they look stupid!!! I have been collecting since the late 80's. and this is not a creative design. It's a rip off of several different past nike shoes!!! Tinker needs to pass the torch to the next generation of sneaker designers and let them carry the Jordan sig line......sooooo disappointed,!!!!!!
Article on Yahoo this morning compared them to RAIN BOOTS
roll.gif

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/air-jordan-xx8-not-rain-shoe-235255687--nba.html

"At a very basic level, this shoe could be the ugliest thing ever — some might say it is — and still be valuable as a great product for basketball players."

Last edited:
I guess im one of the few that like them, its different I think with the right colorways others might change their opinions.
I'm just curious what you like about them? Have you always been a fan of the "zipper" glove style?

Even if I saw Kanye West tucking a pair of his skinny jeans into these.. I couldn't do it..

I'm in the old school crowd but sorry these are hideous.

JB doesn't even know what they are anymore when it comes to their signature shoe. They go sleek and simple. Then they go outlandish. Then they change it up again for shock factor.

I respect the company takes risks, I respect the materials used, and I know they are in a hole because they arent able to put these on MJ anymore during his games.

But IMO the Air Jordan now for years has no wow factor visually whatsoever.

JB banks way to much on the "oh well people didn't like the Concords at 1st either". Just b/c that happened once doesn't mean everyone's gonna come around on every avantgard shoe. These will DEFINITELY sit at $250.

From watching the relase video link posted here it just aggrivates me because some of Tinker's sketches they showed in the background ( while Tinker and Spike were chatting) looked Dope, keep it simple JB.

Reminds me of the reebok shroud

I came here to post this exact same thing...

These XX8's remind me of these and the football version of the Reebok Shroud with the higher shroud more than any other shoe posted...

I'd probably like these a little more if the shroud was lower and the pricepoint wasn't as high...

So whos gonna be the poster boy for these, Blake Griffin or Russell Westbrook?

Last edited:
i am undecided on these so far. they kinda remind me of the gary payton's (the gloves) from back in the day. i need to see a on foot image of them before i come to a conclusion. just my opinion.

The thing about this shoe to me is....it seems like they made this years Jordan's for off the court wear....which I guess they banking on....but what they fail to notice alot of folks still wear J's to hoop in.....i guess since they think since mostly the retro's coming out now are worn for off the court wear...they these will be the same...that will left to be determined....
Made for off the court wear? Are we looking at the same shoe?

Idk ....kinda want em now after I watched the video when tinker explaining the technology and stuff

Last edited:
Who ever buys this joints is hella crazy. For $250 I rather cop some DS retros. It sux too cuz I want the JB to be as dope as it was when he was playing, but they done fell all the way off...Who gonna were these on the street? On top of that, they bit hard off the GP's (which I wish would come back out...) where is the originality?:smh:

I have computers \ iPads\ iPhones for technology. Shoes are about style with comfort being a close 2nd.

quit sippin da kool-aid b, you can't even give da XVIII's away..joints were washed up beach scum.

and da XIII's were a hit da min they drop..i dunno anyone who DIDN'T like em when they dropped.

Don't know where you are from and how old you are but you couldn't be more wrong homie, specially since the fact that MJ rocked the 18's in his last season, those joints went pretty quick (especially in DC where I was living at the time), especially the white/red colorway. Nice try though. In regards to the 13's I from the west coast and went to college down south for my Freshman year when the 13's dropped. At first the 13's sat because aside from the (drug dealers on campus and kids with rich parents who bought them right out) everyone said it had too much of a space shipe futuristic type of look to them and then (as usual) they grew on people and were bought, as a matter of fact I got my pair off of eastbay for $49.99, yep thats right $49.99. I've been around to know what I am talking about homie. On another the kool-aid tasted great! :lol:

If you can find me a DEADSTOCK size 10.0 Jordan 18, for $200 or under, please let me know thanks! Ha! Afterall according to you I should be able to get them easily and for cheap. Right?

IMO the only problem is the extremely high shroud and price.  If the shroud was lower and priced at 200, these wouldnt be getting nearly as much hate.

In regards to the casula appeal this could be pulled off easily considering the clean sleek look. Thank about it, everyone keeps posting pics of people wearing boots, that all of y'all are comparing the shoe to. As for the the colorways, I forgot to mention a black/red colorway may pull people over too (but then again the black/red 2012 was not that good looking). We'll see.

A Sneaker is a piece of Equipment.. Duh... Here is what the real problem "Sneakerheads" have with Shoe.. its Not a Retro... All my OG heads wil 100% Understand the Statement that I just made.. The "Vintage" Fubu wearing, Fugazi Curated, by some flavor of the weak, MCM hat Wannbe's will slam JB no matter what they do because it isn't a Retro.. We All honestly know this. The Sig Model as it has been for while is Designed to a PURE PERFORMANCE SHOE.. this Direction Since the XX3 Function First, Style Second.
All I can say is I can't wait to cop these on Release day.. $250 plus Tax is not alot of money.. The Other colorways and the All-Star Version sure will be hot Hot Fire!!!! Going to love to iD these things

When you woke up and put that quarter in to challenge the god body did you realize you were gonna lose ?

I doubt it so let me pick you apart right quick,

Bolded line 1.
Sneakerheads mess with great new designed shoe is the reason why lebrons and KDs new sigs outsell the jordan sigs by almost double. The shoes look great and perform great I dont know too many people who do that psuedo high fashion retro crap thats all over the place I find it tacky and not very well done. If you noticed kids are buying up the Lebron X and are gonna eat up the KD when they drop the guard has shifted in sneakers now son .Kids hoop and cop the new LeBrons and KDs I see these shoes at pickup games at the rec not jordans. The only jordan I see are 12s out their and 14s because they hold up longer.

Boldded line 2

Jordan Brands have always provided top of the line style and performance 90 percent of the jordan catalog is athesticaly pleasing and are great to hoop in. Even the 2012 look good on foot barring the brogue shoe toebox that shoe doesn't look that bad it just was priced out of range for the main consumer of sneakers which are teenagers not old farts who want to go play recball every 2 weeks on their day offs with their "boys".

If you paid attention nike tried to push that nike+ crap for 250 this summer and the press tore them a new one they got eaten alive because it was just too damn high for the average consumer.The average high schooler and college player who takes bball seriously and actually plays at a higher level than you rec guys can't afford and doesnt need a bunch of tech in shoe to run off the court chances are he has developed his own routine and his own setup to do drills and improve. 250 for a shoe is unreasonable and down right ridiculous .If you hoop and take it seriously you can swap out some insoles into a pair of hyperdunks and get great comfort for a reasonable price or if you want a bit of both go grab my boy drose shoes. Those are very nice and give you the miadidas program. The media and public outrage made them significantly drop the price on their shoes to a reasonable level yet

250 plust tax comes out to around 275 if Im hooping i can go get a great pair of shoes some insoles shorts and a ball for less than 200 . This isn't about performance this about a gimmick price slapped onto a gimmicky uninspired shoe and the price is their to make folks who spend the money feel like they are getting a premium product.

Zipped down the shoe is dope! I get that old GP glove feel! Now zipped up I can't see that personally for me! Maybe a ball player though... But wait aren't these "Basketball" shoes anyway and created for performance? Yes over the years it's always been "Style" for you to own a pair for Michael Jordan sneakers but at the end of the day I think they were going for performance... But a dope CW I can see the potential for "STYLE" just like majority of the Jordan sneakers!

When I first seen these yesterday I was like "WUT" lil John voice.
A good looking NINJA TABI BOOT, or a bada** Batman boot.
After scrolling the pics over, and over, ther awready growing on me.
People these days aren't quick to like, and quick to comment and judge.
As for me Ill probably cop, and rock em wit the upper bootie unzipped.
Good shoe for the rain just Zip it up and your shoe is covered like breaking out
an umbrella wen you step outside.

Back
Top Bottom