Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

Would have been 10x's better if they were red instead of neon green but that's still not saying much. Still curious to see other colorways though...

tinker lost his damn mind
and the f is he wearing? :smh:

I think so too. Tinker is not the same who designed the AJ 3 to 15, though the 15 was already his weakest design output. The AJ 20 and 23 were quite good, 2011 and 2012 also acceptable. But this one??? When a genius is aging, he loses his greatness. Look at george lucas or ridley scott. They cannot maintain the quality from their prime.
Revisionist history :lol:
Now the XX's are loved :lol:

I was a bit harsh I admit but seeing them on feet from the TV screen they don't look bad. I think I let the price get the best of my judgment. Zipped up they look like you're wearing quarter length socks. I think they would look better and emulate the Glove had a swoosh been slapped on the toe box. I would try them on but wouldn't buy even on discount.

With the entire shoe zipped upped, these are by far the most "blah" Jordans out of the entire line (I can't even claim they're the ugliest...they would need some type of design besides a midsole to warrant that).

With that being said, I can see these being fairly acceptable with the right colors and color blocking while the zipper is down....but even then, I can only see these looking remotely decent with shorts.

I really love the XX8s. To me, they're easily the best Air Jordan sneaker we've seen since the 2009s.

My initial concern about the $250 price remains, but that means I'll have to cop these on sale or at a Nike Outlet. I just hope Nike doesn't OD with the ridiculous colorways. If this shoe has some simple CWs like The Gloves and Son of Gloves had, I'll be happy.

Like Magic1978 said, people hated on the XXs unabashedly back in 2005, but when that RD came around, dudes made sure to cop pairs. So all this hate now will more than likely subside in the near future. That usually happens with such polarizing sneakers.

Regardless, the more people that hate the XX8s, the easier it will be for me and those that like them to cop pairs. So I kind of hope the slander continues.

When you woke up and put that quarter in to challenge the god body did you realize you were gonna lose ?
I doubt it so let me pick you apart right quick,
Bolded line 1.
Sneakerheads mess with great new designed shoe is the reason why lebrons and KDs new sigs outsell the jordan sigs by almost double. The shoes look great and perform great I dont know too many people who do that psuedo high fashion retro crap thats all over the place I find it tacky and not very well done. If you noticed kids are buying up the Lebron X and are gonna eat up the KD when they drop the guard has shifted in sneakers now son .Kids hoop and cop the new LeBrons and KDs I see these shoes at pickup games at the rec not jordans. The only jordan I see are 12s out their and 14s because they hold up longer.
Boldded line 2
Jordan Brands have always provided top of the line style and performance 90 percent of the jordan catalog is athesticaly pleasing and are great to hoop in. Even the 2012 look good on foot barring the brogue shoe toebox that shoe doesn't look that bad it just was priced out of range for the main consumer of sneakers which are teenagers not old farts who want to go play recball every 2 weeks on their day offs with their "boys".
If you paid attention nike tried to push that nike+ crap for 250 this summer and the press tore them a new one they got eaten alive because it was just too damn high for the average consumer.The average high schooler and college player who takes bball seriously and actually plays at a higher level than you rec guys can't afford and doesnt need a bunch of tech in shoe to run off the court chances are he has developed his own routine and his own setup to do drills and improve. 250 for a shoe is unreasonable and down right ridiculous .If you hoop and take it seriously you can swap out some insoles into a pair of hyperdunks and get great comfort for a reasonable price or if you want a bit of both go grab my boy drose shoes. Those are very nice and give you the miadidas program. The media and public outrage made them significantly drop the price on their shoes to a reasonable level yet
250 plust tax comes out to around 275 if Im hooping i can go get a great pair of shoes some insoles shorts and a ball for less than 200 . This isn't about performance this about a gimmick price slapped onto a gimmicky uninspired shoe and the price is their to make folks who spend the money feel like they are getting a premium product.

As you Obviously didn't fully read what I posted.

How many of you were on here when pics of the XX dropped?

People were calling for Tinker's head.
laugh.gif
da first color was meh, even da stealths were lookin type garbage too, then

at da last minute they changed da colorblocking and materials at da last minute, and it made a HUGE difference.

to this day, da stealth XX's were da very last non retro to sell out on da first day with ZERO hype, no limited gimmicks, no nothing.

da XX's in da CDP pack looked like da sample stealths (which were garbage) and thus were hated.

da first color was meh, even da stealths were lookin type garbage too, then

at da last minute they changed da colorblocking and materials at da last minute, and it made a HUGE difference.

to this day, da stealth XX's were da very last non retro to sell out on da first day with ZERO hype, no limited gimmicks, no nothing.

da XX's in da CDP pack looked like da sample stealths (which were garbage) and thus were hated.

Didn't the Stealth XX3s sell out on the first day?

Though many people hate the CDP XXs, I actually like them. The all-black is a good look for the shoe, IMO.

Last edited:
Here are a couple more in-game photos of Westbrook wearing the XX8.

Also I have included some photoshops I did. Once these were tweeted and put on IG people started saying they were way better with the Swoosh. Some may being too critical of them being that they expect something specific from Jordan Brand.

Anyway, I don't talk ish or reply to it so if you don't like them that is cool.

Last edited:
I don't understand why they left the upper so plain.
The midsole and outsole all look great as well as the carbon fiber heel counters...but the boot thing is kinda strange.
Zipped down they look good. Not $250 good or $200 good. But I could get behind them for clearance
The cushioning system sounds promising. I love zoom air so if they can maximize the responsiveness of zoom then I'm all for it.
I just wish that the shroud had more to it, or even some vents to expose what was underneath. That would certainly help with color blocking.
Or had they not had a shroud and made it look the way it does unzipped.
Apparently this is going to have a lot more colorways so I'm hoping they make a XX8.5 or include some leather/suede materials.

Back
Top Bottom