Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

Tried them on. They are a performance beast. Fit true to size. A good source said they have a lot more planned for this shoe to really pop it off. Will be getting a pair soon to ball in. Ill review when i do get it. 

So you tried them on, noticed that they fit true to size and you automatically knew they were performance beasts?

On another note Nike/JB need to get their damn shoe lasts sorted out - up until about 3 years ago you could consistently wear one size with the odd half size up/down here and there. Nowadays, you have one colourway of the same shoe fitting different from the other.

Is it possible that the direction of Jordan brand is simply...engineer and develop a high end, high performance shoe that pushes the envelope of design. Cater the Air Jordan to a select following of those who appreciate the risks involved and have funds to afford the price. The forward thinking, price and design of the flagship model will then somehow greater endear the general public to the real money maker, retro leases. SEEMS BRILLIANT TO ME!

I wear these in the water everyday, maybe I'll try out the 28s

Is it possible that the direction of Jordan brand is simply...engineer and develop a high end, high performance shoe that pushes the envelope of design. Cater the Air Jordan to a select following of those who appreciate the risks involved and have funds to afford the price. The forward thinking, price and design of the flagship model will then somehow greater endear the general public to the real money maker, retro leases. SEEMS BRILLIANT TO ME!

What are you talking about son? Last year's three-shoe boxed-sized 'engineering marvel' is languishing at factory outlets for well under $100. Hop of JB's nuts.

mean.gif

The glove and these are very different.  That's like saying these are like the Iversons.. the shroud of mystery goes real high up the leg.. 1. its ugly 2. they bit directly off of underarmour

What are you talking about son? Last year's three-shoe boxed-sized 'engineering marvel' is languishing at factory outlets for well under $100. Hop of JB's nuts.

Don't take my comment as an absolute endorsement of the XX8. Just saying that the marketing strategy for the entire brand may be working to perfection.

Labelling the XX8 as a "forward-thinking" design that only "a select following of those who appreciate the risks involved" sounds like a marketing spin that JB could use. It's a typical line for any shoe that people think is ugly, really... "You don't like the shoe? It must be too forward thinking for you."

The direction of the brand is to develop high-performance shoes, but it shouldn't be used as an excuse for a design like this. For one, there's absolutely no reason I can see for the shroud, other than to complete Tinker's hipster outfit with a rainboot/basketball sneaker hybrid. There is a difference between high-end technology (the carbon fiber, Zoom Air) and crap that they try to push onto the shoe to make it seem "high-end" (the designer highlights the Swiss-made shroud, but notice he never says what it does for the athlete... because it's really nothing).

The tech may be good, but everything in the XX8 is just refinements on existing tech. Now I can't say for sure how big of a difference their reworked use of the Zoom bags or the dynamic fit system of the inner bootie will make over the 2012 and other top-of-the-line basketball shoes on the market, but I'm guessing it won't be anything monumental. And I'd also guess those refinements won't be enough to sway very many athletes to wear these on the court.

Last edited:
The glove and these are very different.  That's like saying these are like the Iversons.. the shroud of mystery goes real high up the leg.. 1. its ugly 2. they bit directly off of underarmour

That's what i was thinking. These seem like the Cam's

But the way they fold down is supposed similar to the XVI lows or a flightposite

Last edited:
To be honest and I might be in the minority on this one, but if I had to choose, I'd prefer the shoe zipped up, I like the clean sharp look (hence the military influence as with most J's). The falcon that these were designed with in mind dives at speeds over 200 MPH, so the stealth when they see you it is too late concept is very fitting and perfect. As for the futuristic look, (follow me on this one), if you look at most futuristic movies (yes even ones from the 80's), everything is more sleek and batman like looking, hence the push for futuristic looks. Another thing I truely believe that ones a Chicago Bulls based colorway drops white/black/red, white/red/black or even a red/black based colorway people will be pulled over. Me personally not sold yet, but I do like icy soles and the carbon look! Lol!
Couldn't have said it better.

it's actually not because they have the zipper and sleeve design, but the
way they look when zipped up........just look like some Gucci boots.
I have the Flighposite (1) and they still look like basketball shoes when zipped up.

I'm referring to people wearing them unzipped. Most people wear Flightposites unzipped. My point.

da gloves were da predecessor of da flightposite I's..when you get da nike book

da thought process behind da flightposites were to splice da foamposite technology and further da progress that was achieved with da zoom flight 98 (gloves)

so i dunno what you're implying b.

they are all part of da same series.

zoom flight V, zoom flight 95, zoom flight 96, zoom flight 98 ( da glove), flightposite I, flightposite II, etc.

I know this, but you keep talking about the Glove's as if they're the only kicks that ever used a sleeve. It's been done by Nike for years. I'm not sure why you act like it's some great innovative technology. You sound like a broken record like always.

Last edited:
Tinker just leaked an early concept image of the XX9s via twitter ALREADY!!! He mentioned that the added carbon fiber in the heel will give the appearance of being taller, thus more dominant on court. This must be the North Carolina colorway :pimp: retail $350.

Note the compression pants for added support.

Y'all sure do like to throw the term "classic" around. What is "classic" to you doesn't mean they are to anyone else. Not every Jordan put out is classic. IMO the only classic Jordan's are the 1's,3's, and 11's. these are the shoes that Middle Ages females look at and know they are Jordan's. again IMO. Not to take away from their other nice sigs, just that those have universal appeal and notoriety

Last edited:
these are dope unzipped of course, i can see myself buying them once they go on sale. these are the first pair of jordan that have sparked in interest since the 23's.

Only a fool and his money part easily, JB laughing at clowns. These should come with a cape so that you can complete the stupid look.:smh:

The 1% of people who like this should just wait till they go on sale at the outlets 2 weeks after RD for $39

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom