Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

those adidas halfshells orignally dropped in the early 70's back when boston wore a darker green....

the shoes are originally forest green......i wont wear my fairway green SUEDE retros until i can get them customed to forest green.....

so yes, ur right the ones in my avy are meh....but FOREST GREEN!?!?!?!
those are RUTHLESS

Last edited:
To me, they got the silhouette right on this model. Even even zipped up they look good. Wonder what they would look like with them folded inward instead of down. Also wonder if someone could PS them to make the folded piece just the design of the upper instead of a folded down piece

XX8 3/4

I can get with these for sure

those adidas halfshells orignally dropped in the early 70's back when boston wore a darker green....

the shoes are originally forest green......i wont wear my fairway green SUEDE retros until i can get them customed to forest green.....

so yes, ur right the ones in my avy are meh....but FOREST GREEN!?!?!?!
those are RUTHLESS
GARBAGE!

It's pathetic when NTers can design a shoe better than Tinker. That shoe looks ill. Also...maybe the zipped down outer above could be a very short hair nubuck instead of fabric.

This shoe can only take basic colorways, it looks good all black with small accent. Or all white. Anything else is ew

i love this new jordan and its been a long time since i have. Now that being said i like the white red PS and the 3/4 PS as well, man i just want a clean black/red colorway and a white/red colorway and ill get em both, good job JB but now get the colorways right, long shot probably.

now this would have been a lot better
with out the zipper

in fact i would have got a pair but not for $250.00

cacaganda aka propaganda
the chat is cool but the shoe aint

i cant see MJ saving this shoe even if he was playing ball now

Last edited:
How many of you guys though have actually bought a recent Jordan Sig shoe though? My last pair was the XX3. And I haven't been in the Jordan forum in forever and these brought me back in here.
What Jordan did this year was finally put themselves back on the map. I mean the shoes are being talked about everywhere. Everyone knows i like shoes at work and i am getting emails from people "Have you see the new Air Jordans????".
They finally took a risk. Whether it will pay off or not, they are being talked about again. No one cared about the 2011 or the 2012. They needed to do something to stand out. And they did. I credit Tinker for this. The shoe isn't for everyone and honestly i won't buy them ever unless they go on a deep discount and are in a better colorway. But from a business standpoint this was a brilliant move.
Being a fan of the old Glove's i would buy these in a mid for sure at $200. Like everyone said....the super high shroud seems to serve no real purpose....i wish it were lowered to a high and still able to fold down but fully zipped they were average high-top height. I think that would honestly make the best looking jordan imo since the 18s

Up until recently, I was rocking the 2012 exclusively and have two pairs. I had two pairs of the 2011. Two pairs of the 2010. Two pairs of the 2009. Never had the XX3 though. XX3 is the only Jordan I've never had and was the first Jordan since the X I didn't buy on release day.

I like the way the XX8 looks, although I want to see it in a classic white w/ black colorway. It zips up an inch or two too high for my taste, but I'll reserve judgement until I get them on the court. On the court is what I care about. I'll keep rocking the Lebron X outdoors and the Hyperposite indoors until the XX8 hits and then I'll see if I want to put it in my rotation or not. Until I get it on the court, it's impossible to criticize it.

The people that rock these for "performance" are the same dudes that came to the park with the Iverson sleeve.. you still suck.. no fingerbands.. Derek Fisher headbands.. no authentic jersey.. fuelband.. XX8s.. nothing is going to help.  If anything all that just accentuates their LACK of performance.

I'm old, fat and bald and when I went to the park today with my ankle braces, knee sleeves, mouth guard, authentic jersey, cutting jade lebrons, etc., the hood cats all assumed I would suck.

Then I shot the lights out all night.

Don't judge a book by its cover. I know exactly the type you're talking about, but some of us have the cheddar to afford proper equipment when we play and still know how to hoop even though we're old and broken down.

I'm old, fat and bald and when I went to the park today with my ankle braces, knee sleeves, mouth guard, authentic jersey, cutting jade lebrons, etc., the hood cats all assumed I would suck.
Don't judge a book by its cover. I know exactly the type you're talking about, but some of us have the cheddar to afford proper equipment when we play and still know how to hoop even though we're old and broken down.

:pimp: Respect

I'm all on board for these but I'm not paying $250 for them. Lower the price and theyre copped

:pimp: Respect

I actually like these i like the diversity to it it can be a casual boot or a casual shoe

I'm with ya guys on the price. Felt the same way about the hyperposite. Waited a few months and got them for $135. Even though I've almost always bought the new Jordan on release day for the last 20 years, the XX8 may be the exception. The prices are getting crazy. I remember when the first foam dropped in '97 for $180 and that blew my mind. Back then the folks were paying so I didn't blink at the price, but now that I'm a grown *** man spending my own money, that $250 is tough to swallow. Guess I've got a few months to figure it out. Definitely won't be buying the black/volt model at any price. I want my Air Jordans in combos of black, white and/or red. Maybe in March they'll drop a traditional colorway.

a lot of "what ifs" here 
they don't care
like them, buy them
don't like them, don't buy them
to some, the look is important, and to others, performance is
as my grandma used to say "that's why they make different flavs of ice cream"
we all have diff tastes
just cause you don't like it doesn't mean that others won't
sick of people stating their opinions as FACT in here  
SMH

true dat bro..

Back