Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

Then why is it that eastbay, NDC, FTL, FNL all sold out of most of these colorways in a few hours?

Limited quantities made. You're right, they had to be smart on these, they are trying to sell boots as basketball shoes. In the beginning they are going to be limited to get the hype up. They will probably made in higher quantities later in the year, and we may even see restocks.

IMO
But don't you remember that those same sites were saying back order until 3/08/13 on some colorways the same day they released! I think they just dipped into the reserve once they figured out that the demand was higher than they expected. And remember these are Jordans in the year 2013, hours are days, for a shoe release!

Hours are considered sitting when it comes to retros, since it's rare that a retro sits.

Signitures are far from retros. Most sites were on back order from what I believe was jb fixing the separation problem.

Except for the colorsways so far, I kinda like the Lites. Better than the 012 Lite.

Hours are considered sitting when it comes to retros, since it's rare that a retro sits.

Signitures are far from retros. Most sites were on back order from what I believe was jb fixing the separation problem.
I agree about the Retro vs Sig releases sitting thing but the whole back order to repair separation thing, I'm not sold on but everything cool though.

I agree about the Retro vs Sig releases sitting thing but the whole back order to repair separation thing, I'm not sold on but everything cool though.

A lot of HOHs got these recalled due to this problem. A back order is when the shoes haven't arrived to the store yet, but they have an expected shipment and they know how many they are getting so they sell them online but won't get them out until the back order date.

So jb was probably late with the shipping due to them fixing the problems they fixed with the recalls.

A lot of HOHs got these recalled due to this problem. A back order is when the shoes haven't arrived to the store yet, but they have an expected shipment and they know how many they are getting so they sell them online but won't get them out until the back order date.

So jb was probably late with the shipping due to them fixing the problems they fixed with the recalls.
where did you get this information and who verified?

where did you get this information and who verified?

There have been people on this thread who verified that their HOH had them recalled.

The rest is my speculation.

The recall was only on the night vision/black camo/whatever yall call em now because they shipped early and weren't supposed to be received yet.

I'm going to take a guess and say the elites will be worn by JB schools during march madness.
Yep, I think that's exactly what we'll be seeing. I'm not feeling our Carolina pair though. They definitely could have left that camo alone.
are you guys talking out of your rectums? or you know for a fact there is going to be an elite version?

Red Camo's tucked :smokin
lmao, ****** are not going to stop calling them camos

really doe, when i first saw pics i didnt think it was camo, i thought it was that doppler looking stuff they have on the news

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, so I received my Blue Camo/Thermal's today. While they are one of the most comfortable Jordan's I've ever worn, the left shoe has a defect in it. Its like a bubble on the inside of the shoe and is very annoying. The right shoe was flawless. Needless to say, these are being sent back to Eastbay :smh:.

Every single signature Jordan since 2009 were sitting on shelves because they were made in too high of numbers. There's no reason to be more conservative with a shoe that 1. looks totally different than anything we have seen before and 2. is the highest priced shoe on the market.

The hype was built and the shoes have sold out everywhere they've dropped. You either love em or hate em.

If you play basketball and you own these FOR basketball, you LOVE them. I don't have a single gripe about them.

I have played in the black/volts. Nice shoes.The shoes are really well made, have great traction, and I love how they fit. I do have a gripe though. The forefoot zoom is almost too big and bouncy. I find it a bit distracting. Now they may break in over time and become amazing, but they are not amazing yet. Very good, but not amazing. Not worth the $250 yet. I hope that improves quickly because I want to love the shoes.

I would cop the 28 lites if they are done in a simple cw I'm not into all that camo bs

Last edited:
I kinda feel these black camo pics, wonder why they pulled them off the shelves so quick

Via: sneakernews

I think the direction Jordan brand is heading right now is them wanting to make a superior basketball shoe. Trade off as of late has been the appearance however. This joint has gotten better on my eyes each time i look at it though.

Back
Top Bottom