Air Jordan XX8 SE Shrouldess Video and Official Pics on Page 1 Shoes Hit Stores 10/11/13

You're welcome. I've sent in two pairs of XX8's already due to popped air bag/torn sole. Currently rotating the Christmas XX8SE and the Bamboos on court. Still have three more pairs to use once these two pop. 

^I have one pair of shrouded and one pair of SEs.  Love them both, but I have too many other damn shoes so I haven't been hooping in them lately.  Realizing I should probably start hooping in those again so if they pop I can at least receive a voucher.

Last edited:
I think youre good long as its 2 years from any date on the tag. So yeah the 2nd (finish) date

Or just contact a nike rep in chat n ask

The sole on my Christmas SE cracked.

This happened on both shoes. I bought them through nike.com and after talking to their customer service, they told me to take pictures of the shoe (tags included) and fill out their online form and they'll get back to me. Did this today so will wait and see what comes out of it.

This happened on both shoes. I bought them through nike.com and after talking to their customer service, they told me to take pictures of the shoe (tags included) and fill out their online form and they'll get back to me. Did this today so will wait and see what comes out of it.
how much did you play in them?

how much did you play in them?
I have the shoes for around a year now. Played in them for around 6-8 hours a week always indoor.

I have the shoes for around a year now. Played in them for around 6-8 hours a week always indoor.
You got some good use + money back

View media item 1351336

You can always take your nike.com receipt (email or print the order information out of your online order history) and return them to a local Niketown or Nike factory store. That way you can a full price refund sooner.

This has happened to at least 4 pairs of SEs for me and I've never had a problem with a return.

Last edited:
at least nike is doing the right thing by those of us who returned defective pairs. they sent me this for the pair i returned with a popped zoom bag...

View media item 1352386

....only problem is i can't get another pair of xx8 se on nike.com. :rolleyes such a shame how delicate this model turned out to be since it's a really great sneaker to ball in...until they fall apart. :smh:

at least nike is doing the right thing by those of us who returned defective pairs. they sent me this for the pair i returned with a popped zoom bag...

....only problem is i can't get another pair of xx8 se on nike.com.
eyes.gif
such a shame how delicate this model turned out to be since it's a really great sneaker to ball in...until they fall apart.
mean.gif
Idk why but I got a $175 voucher for my all star SE. Not complaining

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up about going to a Niketown to do it.

Yesterday I did everything online and in about 2 hours they sent me all the labels to return the shoes so it seems that everything will be done fairly quickly. They mention that I would get a refund so I'm still in doubt if I'll get a refund or a voucher like some of you have. I did pay for the shoes with a gift card so don't know how that works.

Real shame they don't sell the xx8 any more at nike.com or niketown. Would love to have another pair to have in my rotation.

Yeah the people on the nike chat keep telling me that I will get a refund, but I made the mistake of mailing them in.  Not sure what I'll get.

Yeah the people on the nike chat keep telling me that I will get a refund, but I made the mistake of mailing them in.  Not sure what I'll get.
If you bought from NDC and send the shoe back as a return, you'll get a refund. If you submitted a claim, then you will most likely get a voucher. 

I returned my shoes to Nike and it looks like they are sending them back to me.  Both front zoom bags leaked and are flat tires and they somehow determined that this is not a manufacturing flaw.  This is totally ridiculous.  They are sending me back shoes with flat tires.  How is that not a manufacturing flaw?  Don't be fooled people.  Jordans are not worth the money.  They are nothing more than over-priced marketing scams.

I returned my shoes to Nike and it looks like they are sending them back to me.  Both front zoom bags leaked and are flat tires and they somehow determined that this is not a manufacturing flaw.  This is totally ridiculous.  They are sending me back shoes with flat tires.  How is that not a manufacturing flaw?  Don't be fooled people.  Jordans are not worth the money.  They are nothing more than over-priced marketing scams.
That's crazy...  I don't think I've heard of anyone else's pairs getting turned down by Nike.

i had a pair of melo m10's that i used for a while outdoors. The outsole was peeling and you could see the zoom bag but the bag itself wasn't popped. I sent it to nike and they said it was from normal wear. I did get a voucher though for my all star SE where there was a crack on the bottom of the front zoom bag.

:smh: that blows. there has to be a reason they determined it wasn't a manufacturing flaw. perhaps they thought the shoes were tampered with? you should call them and request a written explanation.

as for jordans being marketing scam...ehhh...the retros maybe..but these xx8 se i'm not so sure. price was reasonable. i really love my xx8 se and they are the best dedicated ball shoes i've played in. if the zoom bag didn't fail in one of my shoes i'd say it was well worth the money spent. getting a voucher for full price was a nice concession though. but i like these so much i went and found another pair of xx8 se for cheap. will continue to play in them and hope they don't pop. if they do nike better not stiff me if i file a claim.

Last edited:
mean.gif
that blows. there has to be a reason they determined it wasn't a manufacturing flaw. perhaps they thought the shoes were tampered with? you should call them and request a written explanation.

When I sent mine back I was told that if they determined it was not a manufacturing flaw then they would return my shoes along with a written explanation of their findings

Sucks though, I think they are putting an end to it since its been so long and so many coming back. Taking the easy way out

Back
Top Bottom