AIR JORDAN XXIII: CELEBRATING 23 YEARS OF A LEGACY . Photos on page 2!

If there's any truth to that then
smh.gif
indifferent.gif
@ Nike Philippines and Nike Park.

How can you lose track of 3 out of 23 pairs?

^^^ Wow! It's amazing how much the Js are fetching nowadays, KC. Made me think about selling mine. But after everything I went through to get my pair,I'd rather hold on to them for a while, take care of 'em and cherish the COMPANIONSHIP
roll.gif

Js like these are very hard to come by. I am on my third day off from work coz of Sore Throat. Can't believe di pa rin ako naka recover. Well, I guessthe age is also a factor
embarassed.gif

Hats off to everyone who were in line that was able to tolerate the sweltering heat. An even bigger props to those that were in line but didn't get apair. Just the fact alone that you guys actually came through and did what you had to do knowing that you had little chance of obtaining a pair is defining initself.

I could not do it myself personally. The weather will knock me right out. I've vacationed there twice in December and it was still too hot for me, weatherwise. At least it wasn't as bad compared to when I visited there in April. It literally felt like being inside an oven at 6 in the morning.

Again, props to everyone!

Originally Posted by kingcrux31

Here's my report.

Snippets of the event
- There were 2 free pass winners because they arrived at the same time (each one with a pair of black-infra VI) on the eve of the release.
- A line started to form several hours before noon.
- Stubs were handed out from 12 noon to 1. Each person wrote his/her name and the desired shoe size on the paper. 5 people at a time were allowed to go inside the store to drop their stubs in the respective boxes.
- At exactly 1:23pm, the first name was drawn. The winner was a security guard who was stationed near the store.
laugh.gif

- There was less than 23 pairs sold (Yes I can count even with the two free pass winners). I guess several pairs went to very influential people.

Now for the photos. Enjoy!

The scene outside. One word. TOAST.

img0778cm3.jpg

img0788qi2.jpg

img0779sv4.jpg

Some of the sneakers spotted at the scene
img0789vp4.jpg

img0791uq6.jpg

img0802ox9.jpg

Atu Matsumotos
img0790az8.jpg

Indeed
img0787em9.jpg

The set up - 1 raffle box per size
alien.gif

img0794wa9.jpg

img0800am7.jpg

The waiting game
img0792rp8.jpg

img0796qj4.jpg

img0795vl4.jpg

img0797cn6.jpg

img0820yu0.jpg

SD's number 1 with Hall of Famer Alvin Patrimonio. I can't believe this dude walked away with a pair. He only had 2 stubs.
img0807bf3.jpg

Free pass winner from Cagayan de Oro. Dude camped out overnight with his pair of VIs. I think he's also on NT. Nice to meet you in person. Good that we finally squashed whatever misunderstanding we had in the past.
img0817az9.jpg

Some of the winners
img0824dt8.jpg

img0826pi2.jpg

img0825au1.jpg

img0824cg7.jpg

img0830ki7.jpg

Lucky kid!
img0823fs7.jpg

The first name drawn - A security guard! Dude must've gotten paid to drop in his name.
laugh.gif

img0822dd8.jpg

The fellas
img0813nk0.jpg

img0831hn6.jpg

NT represent!
laugh.gif

img0785wk5.jpg

Even though I didn't win a pair, I didn't go home empty handed. Thanks to my man from Ilo-ilo, Vinson. Nice to finally meet you in person. Hope you had a blast.
img0844bj0.jpg

Bonus photo
ixxiiijn4.jpg

I'd like to thank Nike Philippines, Nike Park and every single person reading this post who supported the event/release. I didn't win even 1 pair out of the 14 stubs that I was counting on but still I had fun. Thank you to all those who tried to help me. You know who you guys are. I believe the Shoe Gods are telling me "STAY RETIRED!"
laugh.gif

I'll upload some vids soon.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

* PUMPS FISTS IN THE AIR AND SCREAMS INTO THE SKY *
that's good stuff going on in the PI, wished i was there
mad.gif

i would've brought my infrared 6's as well to bypass the raffle
laugh.gif

congrats to all of those who got the 23's, i envy all of you..just kidding
laugh.gif
glasses.gif

im there din, kaso nahihiya ako lumapit sa inyo coz im wearing a megabounce
wink.gif
haha

congrats sa mga nakabili ng limited pair of shoes
smile.gif

Originally Posted by tsikenjoy

btw a friend who is also here on nt said that they did not sell out the xx3 that day, they had 3 pairs at the back that they did not notice???? and sold them the next day... andito ba yung nakabili nun???? swerte nun...

I checked earlier with Nike Park BHS if there's any truth to this. I talked to the OM, store supervisor and several SAs and all of them said that thisis false info. Even the POS doesn't show any transactions for the XXIIIs after Saturday's release.

btw a friend who is also here on nt said that they did not sell out the xx3 that day, they had 3 pairs at the back that they did not notice???? and sold them the next day... andito ba yung nakabili nun???? swerte nun...

I checked earlier with Nike Park BHS if there's any truth to this. I talked to the OM, store supervisor and several SAs and all of them said that this is false info. Even the POS doesn't show any transactions for the XXIIIs after Saturday's release.

ah oki salamat, at least indi nako nanghihinayang dun, balik na galit ko kay manong guard....

I checked earlier with Nike Park BHS if there's any truth to this. I talked to the OM, store supervisor and several SAs and all of them said that this is false info. Even the POS doesn't show any transactions for the XXIIIs after Saturday's release.

ah oki salamat, at least indi nako nanghihinayang dun, balik na galit ko kay manong guard....

si sir tsiken di pa rin matanggal galit dun sa guard.
roll.gif

I called Nike Park The Fort and they told me that there were gonna be mechanics again for the release of the XX3 All Stars. Anybody can confirm if this istrue? I hope we can use our VIP cards for this.

i heard that 10 pairs of Jordan XXIII AS from Nike Philippines will be send to Nike Singapore as a sign of goodwill for helping Nike Philippines' event forthe Titanium Blue release last month.

By the way, anybody interested for Lebron China V, some sizes still available in some shoe collector shops here in Singapore, just PM me, I'll be therenext month..

^^^ Well, I don't really know how Nike Singapore helped out in that event. There really was nothing fancy about it that needed a Singaporean touch. As faras I know, Nike Philippines and the management and staff of Nike Park BHS were the ones responsible for that very successful release.

And as far as documenting the event and circulating the info regarding the release, I think someone should be sending our mod KINGCRUX a pair or 2 of theTitanium XXIIIs or All-Star XXIIIs for he did an awesome job of keeping everybody here on NT Philippines in the loop from pre-event to post-event
happy.gif

AJXXIII All-Star will be raffled here in Singapore at LE Queensway.10 pairs of them on Feb 23 starting at 7:30PM.The Black edition will also release that sameday.

^^^^ Have a friend in Singapore and he said that the local Nike dealer there hoarded the XXIII Titaniums and had them sold for much higher prices in the blackmarket. That's really ridiculous. I hope they REALLY raffle off those 10 pairs if it's true that the Philippines is giving up those 10 pairs.

Very nice pictures everyone. Glad to meet the few that I did that day. Next time I'm in town, I'd like to meet up with everyone.

Hi pareng Rev, this is Chris Cortes, like what Air Kamote have indicated, 10 pairs will be raffled by Limited Edition in Queensway Shopping Center, as I haveindicated, although not confirmed, this 10 pairs is said to be from Nike Philippines, well in fact I heard that they are loaning from Nike Philippines 2 pairsor AJ 23 Titanium Blue for a display for the said event. Limited Edition Queensway boss is trying to buy my pair of AJ 23 Titanium Blue, but I'm thinkingtwice of selling mine, anyone interested can PM me.

Hope I can play with you guys once I've taken my vacation there next month.

Hi guys, further update, no worries for Jordan heads in PI, I heard that not only Nike Fort BHS will received the Air Jordan 23 AS, some Nike Parks willreceived some pairs as well, Philippines being one of the biggest Basketball market in South East Asia, will definitely received more pairs to sell. Thougheverything will be uncertain until we actually see what will happen on Saturday. Maybe you can try asking other Nike Parks for confirmation.

Hey there pareng Chris!!! Good to hear from you pare :smile:

That is very welcome news if it's true. I mean, I would never want to fly in again just to get my pair of Js
wink.gif
Thanks to Maxtempo and some of my friends in Manila though who are going to hookme up for a pair. Hopefully, I can get mine in a size 11. I'm so excited na naman, this is something worth looking forward to coz I don't have to campout and get sick for it
roll.gif

Originally Posted by revelation218

^^^ Well, I don't really know how Nike Singapore helped out in that event. There really was nothing fancy about it that needed a Singaporean touch. As far as I know, Nike Philippines and the management and staff of Nike Park BHS were the ones responsible for that very successful release.

And as far as documenting the event and circulating the info regarding the release, I think someone should be sending our mod KINGCRUX a pair or 2 of the Titanium XXIIIs or All-Star XXIIIs for he did an awesome job of keeping everybody here on NT Philippines in the loop from pre-event to post-event
happy.gif

Nike Singapore is Tony Soprano while Nike Philippines is Chris Moltisanti and they run the Nike M.O.B. of South East Asia.
As far as receiving giftsfrom Nike Singapore/Nike Philippines, I wish it was still pre-2004. Man oh man, those were the days.
pimp.gif
Tell you the truth, I've never asked for anything in return (unlike otherpeople I know) even though this site has given Nike retailers extensive exposure and good business. Oh well, it's all about sharing info, getting togetherand sharing our passion for sneakers.

^^^^ Thanks for the info, KC.

Had to look up those 2 names to understand what you were talking about :smile: I don't watch that TV series kasi eh hehehe

Back
Top Bottom