Air Jordan XXXII (32)

That's because most people who buy sneakers these days only like something, because everyone likes it or desires it.

They don't have their own mind or opinion and need others validation.

This has always been the case in sneaker culture though. I remember back in 2001, my friend who worked at the Athletes Foot bought a pair of XVs on deeeeep discount because nobody wanted them back then he later copped the Cherry XVIs like this as well (which IMO are a dope cw).

I like what foamer SIMPSON said about these and the 31s ...theyre basically redone future versions of the past jordans.

I can understand that

But for me...especially growing up around the 11 thru 14 run...part of the allure of the "new air jordan" was that aspect of something you had never seen before....something totally unique and different.
To me it's like if Leonardo da Vinci came back to life and said he made a new painting..and when he unveiled it it was an updated version of the mona Lisa. ...i mean thats okaaaay....but I kinda want something brand new.

All that aside I think this shoe looks good. I did not like the last one but I like these.

I need to see a pic of these tied up loose with some slim jeans tho

Tate Kubris coming back to JB was one of the best things to happen to the line.

Tinker got a lil better at the end but famb got real lazy overall; and was talking ridiculous marketing steez to cover for his silly design choices

:lol:

Well, he can only reinvent the wheel so many times. After turning out that Many classics, failures were bound to happen.

The one that I remember the most was the story he told describing the purpose of that clear side hole used, can't remember which model. That was super corny

:rofl:

air-jordan-2010.jpg

This has always been the case in sneaker culture though. I remember back in 2001, my friend who worked at the Athletes Foot bought a pair of XVs on deeeeep discount because nobody wanted them back then he later copped the Cherry XVIs like this as well (which IMO are a dope cw).

No, It wasn't always like that. Because most sneakers didn't sell out. You got respect for being the first in your school for wearing a sneaker, but nobody downplayed them because they "sat". It started because sneakers started having a monetary and resell value. Everyone wants what everyone else has or wants. It doesn't even matter if they think it looks good.

People still want Yeezy's even though Yeezy's are nothing to see anymore. Do Yeezy's turn heads? But how many people wear them to a sneaker con? Along with 33% of the other people attending.

But in 2017 you'll get more props for a Yeezy that everyone has versus a GR Jordan from 2005.

I agree with this. Even original Jordans didn't sell out till the xi black red dropped. But even with those, there was still pairs sitting in certain areas. The difference is NOW it matters if they sit or not. Back then nobody cared. It's sad when a shoe gets put down because they are still in mall or online weeks later. There's always that first guy that has them before you do. But those guys having them first on feet just made me want them more. If you didn't like a shoe, availability or them being limited or sold out wouldn't have changed my opinion on them.

I honestly never understood the point of Team Jordans-they always seemed like inferior products for people who couldn't spend the extra few dollars to buy the real deal.

When Jordan Brand was created (around 97), the brand allure of Jordan Brand was incredible - almost like a luxury sports brand. So you had the Air Jordans, the the next level were team Jordans. Team Jordan shoes were viewed at the same levels as the top tier nike/reebok/adidas models.

While 2010s looked awful, I enjoyed them on court. Only complaint was laces felt cheap and almost busted on me.

Da Gloryhole 2010s :smh:

This dude Tinker had the audacity to say, in front of a camera, that he put a ridiculous round hole on the side of a shoe because it is a metaphor for looking through someone's exterior body and into their soul.

That is what MJ would do to his opponents, and he also let them look into him, but not enough for them to get a competitive advantage.

I am not even lying. This is what that fool said to rationalize ruining a otherwise decent looking shoe.

I thought it was an elaborate troll job. Like these fools gotta know they have to release regular versions, but nahhh. They were serious.

No, It wasn't always like that. Because most sneakers didn't sell out. You got respect for being the first in your school for wearing a sneaker, but nobody downplayed them because they "sat". It started because sneakers started having a monetary and resell value. Everyone wants what everyone else has or wants. It doesn't even matter if they think it looks good.

People still want Yeezy's even though Yeezy's are nothing to see anymore. Do Yeezy's turn heads? But how many people wear them to a sneaker con? Along with 33% of the other people attending.

But in 2017 you'll get more props for a Yeezy that everyone has versus a GR Jordan from 2005.

What sneakers were as hyped as Yeezys back in the day though? My first pair of actual decent sneakers was 2001 Columbia 11s (RIP) but I don't recall them being that hyped back then (granted there was no social media). Maybe I stand corrected though...

I hope the black red 32s dont look so shiny like in most images posted so far. I like the dull look with the milky looking outsoles of the promo pic much better.
The red ones look more interesting to me.
But might wait for later colorways.

When Jordan Brand was created (around 97), the brand allure of Jordan Brand was incredible - almost like a luxury sports brand. So you had the Air Jordans, the the next level were team Jordans. Team Jordan shoes were viewed at the same levels as the top tier nike/reebok/adidas models.

Wait.. Are you saying Team Jordans were viewed on the same level as FOAMPOSITES???

Foams were def on another level at that time. I don't think he was saying team Js were at THAT level. The Air Jordan sig was the apex, the team jordans were a slight grade under. Foams in 97-98 are a different story. Nike was competing with themselves.

The more I see these 32s tho, man they are growing on me. Black reds for sure.

Hope they drop the melo colorway since the melo 2's are coming out next year. Also JB should focus on releases instead of pe's

2010s are something to see in hand. I like them. Tinker is one of the all time greats. He's the answer to the question of what would the Renaissance artists be doing if they lived today. They'd be working for Nike! One of the best things about his designs, especially the later models, is that they produce a reaction, good or bad. Sometimes a person's opinion will change based on a colorway or seeing it in hand. And Tinker doesn't rest on his laurels. He's always moving forward.

A kid in my class had them the first day and he was carrying the briefcase around lol.
His dad was a construction worker

Back
Top Bottom