Air Jordan XXXIII first info

I’m just speculating but I think manufacturing and advertising costs are higher than materials. Also $10 might not sound like much but multiply that by how many shoes they sold I would say that’s a hefty chunk for any corporation to hand out

Sure but my point is that they’re saving significantly more than $10/pair on production costs with a significant downgrade in materials like this. The Flyknit and synthetic leather combo used on the XXX1 and XXX2 was far more premium than the trash materials used here.

As the other user pointed out, those models have big logos too and those aren't just some random models. I personally prefer subtle logos (like the AJ Xiii, my personal favorite) just like you but the logo (Nike logo too) itself is cool-looking imo so I don't get why all of a sudden, it ticks some people off. Frankly, we see other brands use big logos on their products too but for whatever reason, when it comes to JB, some people just love to bash. Maybe that's because you don't wear J's regularly as you mentioned and not really a fan of the brand. Or maybe it might really look off on certain new models to their eyes including some real Jordan heads but instead of seeing high quality constructive criticisms, I see people here just type "TRASH" and post some random sneakers that don't even look remotely close so I don't know man. Some posts here are just flat out childish and stupid imo. To each their own I guess..
What are you even talking about. I swear everyone runs to this elitist stance whenever they hear someone insult a shoe they like. People complained about the big logos on the 29 and 30 as well. Just because you only now noticed complaints does not mean they just happened "all of a sudden"

I didn't say I don't wear Jordans regularly, I said I they are not the shoes I wear most regularly. Those two comments are not the same. And I never said I was not a fan of Jordan Brand.

You want detailed criticism:

-Alternative lacing systems are gimmicks, they always have been. Laces are on most performance sneakers and it will continue to be that way, they work just fine. Most of Nike and JBs sneakers this year feature them. In fact, they are lacing methods company employ with traditional laces that give shoes even better lockdown. Jordan makes some too.

JB is gonna peddle all kinds of marketing nonsense about this lacing system and might even use it to distract from the fact it seems like they are using cheap materials and the overall design of the other parts of the shoe look lazy. Looks like the designs saw some Off Whites and thought are more deconstructed look and instructions on the shoe would look "cool"

I have posted enough in-depth opinions on Jordans over my years on NT. I have given expanded opinions about other Jordans in this thread too. So I could not care less if be calling these trash rubs someone the wrong way. Dudes are praising them too, I'm not getting upset at those post.

These are trash. They are lazy trash.

Last edited:
I said that (the point about materials that look five years old). And I agree completely with your feelings. They had a good opportunity here but, if this is what it is, they kind of blew it yet again. This is supposed to be the shoe of shoes, the most premium offering. And they've made it out of team Jordan materials. Way to go. Another instant non-classic LOL

I think you’re being too hard on Jordan Brand, they’ve shown they legitimately can’t design a classic shoe anymore but excel at the performance aspect of creating basketball shoes, aesthetics be damned. They don’t have the design talent nor do they have the drive they did in the 80s-early 2000s. I think once you manage expectations accordingly and realize that they simply can’t compete with themselves with their own past designs, you can temper expectations to what they’re doing now, which is putting out solid performance basketball shoes.

upload_2018-9-20_11-17-46.jpeg
upload_2018-9-20_11-17-46.jpeg

I know I'm repeating myself from yesterday but in this image, you can really see how these could have been a very nice silhouette (materials aside). Get rid of all that useless flappage on the heel/achilles areas, make the tongue a bit smaller and make the white Jordan 3-like piece of material on the heel black. What the hell is the point of that high achilles piece? There isn't one other than someone's poor idea of avant garde style.

Again with the self appointed experts *****ing and whining about 'quality' . You'd swear the "OG" Jordans were hand made by Italian monks.
Since at least as far back as the original VIs, Jordans were often built light. Sometimes lighter than Basketball shoes of the same price point.

But hey dust off the tired Memes, go crazy with the hyperbole, compare them to whatever discount shoe you like.

i quite like them, and for a change i even like the debut color. Need to see more, but am probably buying a pair.

What are you even talking about. I swear everyone runs to this elitist stance whenever they hear someone insults something they like. People complain about the big logos on the 29 and 30 as well. Just because you just noticed a complaint does not mean it just happened "all of a sudden"

I didn't say I don't wear Jordans regularly, I said I they are not the shoes I wear most regularly. Those two comments are not the same. And I never said I was not a fan of Jordan Brand.

You want detail criticism:

-Alternative lacing systems are gimmicks, they always have been, laces are on most performance sneakers and will continue to be and they work just fine. Most of Nike and JBs sneakers this year feature then In fact they are lacing methods company employ with traditional laces that give great lock down. Jordan makes some too.

JB is gonna peddle all kinds of marketing nonsense about this lacing system and might even use it to distract from the fact it seems like they are using cheap materials and the overall design of the other parts of the shoe look lazy. Looks like the designs saw some Off Whites and thought are more deconstructed look and instructions on the shoe would look "cool"

I have posted enough in depth opinions on Jordans over my years on NT. I have given expanded opinions about other Jordans in this thread too. So I could not careless if be calling these trash rubs someone the wrong way. Dudes are praising them too, I'm not getting upset at those post.

These are trash. They are lazy trash.

Are you a fan of the 32?

Again with the self appointed experts *****ing and whining about 'quality' . You'd swear the "OG" Jordans were hand made by Italian monks.
Since at least as far back as the original VIs, Jordans were often built light. Sometimes lighter than Basketball shoes of the same price point.

But hey dust off the tired Memes, go crazy with the hyperbole, compare them to whatever discount shoe you like.

i quite like them, and for a change i even like the debut color. Need to see more, but am probably buying a pair.

Wait... are you saying the materials used on here are “quality”? How can you compare these materials to even the XXX1 and XXX2 that used leather and Flyknit??

I think you’re being too hard on Jordan Brand, they’ve shown they legitimately can’t design a classic shoe anymore but excel at the performance aspect of creating basketball shoes, aesthetics be damned. They don’t have the design talent nor do they have the drive they did in the 80s-early 2000s. I think once you manage expectations accordingly and realize that they simply can’t compete with themselves with their own past designs, you can temper expectations to what they’re doing now, which is putting out solid performance basketball shoes.

For me it's not even about expectations. If I expect anything, I expect them to release a crap-looking shoe at this point. So it's more about naive, optimistic hope. Each year I think maybe THIS is the year they get it right and drop a sick new Air Jordan. And once again ... nope LOL. In the case of the 33s, though, as I just said above, I can see how close this came to being a pretty attractive shoe. So I'm even more disappointed than usual.

Sure but my point is that they’re saving significantly more than $10/pair on production costs with a significant downgrade in materials like this. The Flyknit and synthetic leather combo used on the XXX1 and XXX2 was far more premium than the trash materials used here.

Agree on both points but honest question, what could’ve they done instead? Another flyknit? Too many of those in the market to stand out.

I’m not a fan of those materials but using these as an intro leaves the door open for them to use a variety of materials that nike/JB have in their arsenal like they’re doing to the element 55/87

Wait... are you saying the materials used on here are “quality”? How can you compare these materials to even the XXX1 and XXX2 that used leather and Flyknit??

The only time i used the Q-word was in quotes. Jury is out on how well made the 31 is. Unless you've seen the XXX3 in person, the jury is out on that too.

I honestly hope y’all hate these on release day because I’m trying to cop with ease lol.
Oh don’t worry fam, you’ll have ample ways of getting them. After the first wave of hypebeast grab a pair. They’ll be in every outlet, Marshall’s, Ross and all the clearance section. Couple of games or so, you’ll be back talking about the material was trash, the wire popped, ur Achilles was irritated and how u were disappointed. Never fails, and soon you’ll come to the apifany that it was a great marketing ploy. How comes the Nike Golf Premiere shoes didn’t have a astronaut playing golf on the moon? Cause it’s all a gimmick. Let it marinate for minute grasshopper. No disrespect and all of our opinions are valuable, but if ur charging $175 for groundbreaking design and technology, then provide it. That’s all I’m saying bro.

I know I'm repeating myself from yesterday but in this image, you can really see how these could have been a very nice silhouette (materials aside). Get rid of all that useless flappage on the heel/achilles areas, make the tongue a bit smaller and make the white Jordan 3-like piece of material on the heel black. What the hell is the point of that high achilles piece? There isn't one other than someone's poor idea of avant garde style.
I am wondering how much better these would look with the loops on the tongue and heel..? Jordan 20 gate all over again! LOL! :emoji_scissors:

i guess with the nike air on the back nike threw in the towel on trying to make people think jordan brand was a seperate brand.

wonder how long it took for them to get mj to co sign the return of nike air on the actual air jordan shoe :lol:

wow the volcano has erupted in here.. NT needs a DM function so some of you can slide into each other's lol ... Boils down to he/she still likes the shoe, will buy the shoe and I don't and won't.

People are mad because they want soemthing different, but they also want it to remind them of shoes from 25 years ago.
no, people dont want them to remind them of shoes 25 years ago. they want great performing shoes that are not too busy design wise and made with premium materials. you know like an actual premium signature shoe line should be?

why do you take it so personally what people dont like? stop being so sensitive

not everyone has the same taste

i like um but i can see why alot of people dont like um

i guess with the nike air on the back nike threw in the towel on trying to make people think jordan brand was a seperate brand.

wonder how long it took for them to get mj to co sign the return of nike air on the actual air jordan shoe :lol:
Huh? Joking right? ...Air Jordan 1?

wow the volcano has erupted in here.. NT needs a DM function so some of you can slide into each other's lol ... Boils down to he/she still likes the shoe, will buy the shoe and I don't and won't.
I mean they have a DM like feature in PM but folks aren't using it. Funny thing is if most had to use that you'd get less back and forths in general. I told one cat if he had anymore to say send me a pm and that's was that.

Back
Top Bottom