AIr jordan XXXV first info.

6B9C0D87-703E-4F1E-9A45-F4F83195DC71.jpeg

Are the soles on the Chinese New Year’s GITD?

You'd think so, but all the descriptions I can find, and some of them are really detailed, have nothing about the sole being glow in the dark. Weird. Also there's one image to show off the reflective parts and the sole (at the toebox, visible) aint glowin. But I don't know why you make it that color if it isn't glow in the dark.
I've liked Rui's PE's the best

I hope CNY's aren't hard to get
Me too. I saw a picture of how they look when the upper on the sides and back is worn away. Looks like wallpaper at an 80s mall. Do you think that would make people like them more or hate them more? :lol:

Ah hell, it'll probably come out anyway. This is the medial side. Can't tell if it's only the medial or both medial and lateral for the heel graphic and the midfoot to toe graphic that shows up when the upper wears away.

Image is huge so it can be zoomed in to see individual bits of tread on the sole and dots in the graphics.

xxxvjordancnybiga.png

I feel like it's more following a trend rather than trying to start one. Taking the tags and other detritus that's been tacked onto collabs and the like, and applying it to the mainstream shoes. Either way, it's unnecessary.
I never been a big fan of collabs. For the most part, they are ugly. I dont buy shoes just because a certain rapper wears them even if they look like clowns.

I just wish they’d stop adding the additional pull tab/loop to the top of tongues that are already quite high enough LOL
Agreed! I’m going to take an X-ACTO Knife/ Razor Blade to my pairs pull tab/ loop at top of tongue. Well actually I’ll reevaluate that statement when I get em in hand.

This is the only explanation that makes sense.
Yea I tried to order on NDC. Employee in chat said they are releasing on the 14th. Probably just order on DSG but would like to get NDC student discount. Does anyone know if NDC takes 20% student disco for new release Jordan’s?

Yea I tried to order on NDC. Employee in chat said they are releasing on the 14th. Probably just order on DSG but would like to get NDC student discount. Does anyone know if NDC takes 20% student disco for new release Jordan’s?

I would think you have to wait a bit, like with the military discount I have. Never used student disco so honestly 🤷‍♂️

Agreed! I’m going to take an X-ACTO Knife/ Razor Blade to my pairs pull tab/ loop at top of tongue. Well actually I’ll reevaluate that statement when I get em in hand.
Not a single regret in having done it.
The tongue loop is excessive, theres no performance need for it and it looks silly but thats just my opinion for my pairs they had to go.

I want the CNYs. DSG have it on 15th? Everyone is saying it’s coming out on the 14th. I’m confused

This is what the release from Nike said:
"The Nike inline product releases beginning January 1. The Nike Dunk launches January 22 on SNKRS. The Jordan Brand footwear, including the Air Jordan V Low, releases beginning January 14; the Air Jordan I Low OG releases January 31. The CNY colorways of the Converse Chuck 70 release beginning January 21."​

So maybe they put it that way because some products will release the 14th and others in the days following, at who knows where. Some websites flat out say the 14th for the XXXVs, and say it'll be on SNKRS, but who knows. It should show up on the app soon if that's the case.

For me having another player's logo on an Air Jordan tongue instead of a jumpman becomes an automatic NO BUY regardless of the colorway.

The most I could put up with is a logo on the insole like the XIX MELO

exactly. it's not exactly a signature Jordan if it has another one's logo. but I guess the intent was to bring a successor to the brand. I do share the same sentiment regarding Melo's logo to be acceptable although I would still prefer the Jumpman.

you sure chat wasn’t confused about the CNY? Don’t those drop 14th? Just curious
Yes you are right CNY’s on 14th. I ordered Breds on DSG and it says they will ship on or before the 22nd so would make sense they were confusing CNY with bred. Perfect timing the local rec center opens up for Mens b ball on the 20th so I’ll be rotating 34’s and 35’s on court.

exactly. it's not exactly a signature Jordan if it has another one's logo. but I guess the intent was to bring a successor to the brand. I do share the same sentiment regarding Melo's logo to be acceptable although I would still prefer the Jumpman.

Agreed!

Adding another player's logo on an AJ is just marketing trying too hard to sell a shoe that would sell as much anyway without it as long as it's in a decent colorway to start with and does act as a turn off for a great deal of customers outside of that other player's area or fan base despite a potentially appealing colorway.

I really don't like having to make choices by default. i.e. passing on an otherwise nice shoe because of an irrelevant logo on an Air Jordan.

Go put those other players' logo on a select Jumpman Team model of some sort if you really think it does boosts sales...most often than not they need help with selling and design wise anyway, so chose one, put out a gazillion different players' logo and colorways if you want, that would be more appropriate.

I think people would just be happy with having the possibility to acquire more of those exclusive Air Jordan PE colorways we see on players feet minus the added or swapped logos as they can only act as a potential deterant in most cases and has always almost no added value, if it has.

Back
Top Bottom