AIr jordan XXXV first info.

*Bel Air + fighter jet flame + lace lock alert* on Zion
5DA950FF-0FB4-4B08-8748-48C209C3B9EA.jpeg

Dude has Fred Flinstone feet, I'd like to see them on someone else

i tried to like these. what a flop. sig jays BEEN been on life support. yall tryna hang on to a ship that sailed back in 2008.

What, you don't know? I'm disappointed in you. Obviously the best practice for running a retail business is to endlessly advertise and promote products that none of your customers can purchase, or will ever be able to purchase. If Sony had a brain, it would never have released PS5 at all. It should've just kept promoting it and only giving it to pro gamers and influencers, forever. It would inspire everyone else on Earth to just buy Sony TVs or other Sony products. That's the true winning strategy all successful businesses understand. You really need to go back to business school, bruh.
facd0e5b6de482c26601854370b689ac.gif

What, you don't know? I'm disappointed in you. Obviously the best practice for running a retail business is to endlessly advertise and promote products that none of your customers can purchase, or will ever be able to purchase. If Sony had a brain, it would never have released PS5 at all. It should've just kept promoting it and only giving it to pro gamers and influencers, forever. It would inspire everyone else on Earth to just buy Sony TVs or other Sony products. That's the true winning strategy all successful businesses understand. You really need to go back to business school, bruh.
Definitely frustrating. I'm not 100% sure I understand it still. Then again I'm so old I remember when they only released like maybe 5 color-ways in total - but most of them if not all of them were fairly readily available unless you completely slept on them. Too many color-ways/PEs not enough releases or availability these days. It's beyond building hype. I've been a NIKE fan since I was in the third grade, my first pair were white canvas Blazers with a blue swoosh. So I've been in it for the long haul. I don't try to really analyze or criticize, I just like my NIKEs and Jordans, I like my shoes and been giving them my money for decades - but I don't understand this.

Definitely frustrating. I'm not 100% sure I understand it still. Then again I'm so old I remember when they only released like maybe 5 color-ways in total - but most of them if not all of them were fairly readily available unless you completely slept on them. Too many color-ways/PEs not enough releases or availability these days. It's beyond building hype. I've been a NIKE fan since I was in the third grade, my first pair were white canvas Blazers with a blue swoosh. So I've been in it for the long haul. I don't try to really analyze or criticize, I just like my NIKEs and Jordans, I like my shoes and been giving them my money for decades - but I don't understand this.
the way they are marketing now is way different ages ago. many moons ago if you see some shoes, that means they are available for purchase unless you live under a rock or a place where they couldn't ship the shoes. even if in this era where globalization makes it possible to access the shoes, Nike wouldn't sell them to you. they release those PE as their way to market their mediocre counterparts.

just look at this customer for example.
whammy.jpg

KCkUlpx.gif

ZMvcjb7.gif

Last edited:
Yep, marketing is different these days. I actually work in that field. Again, sorry to live in the past, but it was nice back in the day that if you saw Mike wearing a shoe/color-way you knew you could probably get it and wear the "same" shoe he was. That was exciting, especially for a kid. Nowadays that's only slightly true because of PEs, general releases and limited availability. How many color-ways that the players wear can the average NIKE consumer actually get their hands on? When I say average, I mean someone without connections, etc. Like I said I've been giving them my money for 4 decades and I've yet to find any connection to land me limited or tough to get releases. So driving the hype on unaccessible items, to me, doesn't make much marketing sense. People don't usually want to settle. "That color-way Zion has on is amazing but I'll settle for this pair instead." Ummm, no. That's not OK. It builds frustration and you have to be losing money from people who just walk away. Like I said I love my shoes and 99.5% of mine are NIKE but as much as I dig the company this is still frustrating. You can't and probably shouldn't limit the PEs - let the players wear what the want and you can't release all of them - that would be insane - but dropping a few would make sense and make people happy AND NIKE money.

Yep, marketing is different these days. I actually work in that field. Again, sorry to live in the past, but it was nice back in the day that if you saw Mike wearing a shoe/color-way you knew you could probably get it and wear the "same" shoe he was. That was exciting, especially for a kid. Nowadays that's only slightly true because of PEs, general releases and limited availability. How many color-ways that the players wear can the average NIKE consumer actually get their hands on? When I say average, I mean someone without connections, etc. Like I said I've been giving them my money for 4 decades and I've yet to find any connection to land me limited or tough to get releases. So driving the hype on unaccessible items, to me, doesn't make much marketing sense. People don't usually want to settle. "That color-way Zion has on is amazing but I'll settle for this pair instead." Ummm, no. That's not OK. It builds frustration and you have to be losing money from people who just walk away. Like I said I love my shoes and 99.5% of mine are NIKE but as much as I dig the company this is still frustrating. You can't and probably shouldn't limit the PEs - let the players wear what the want and you can't release all of them - that would be insane - but dropping a few would make sense and make people happy AND NIKE money.
I agree. but then again I guess Nike wants to protect their endorsers by spoon-feeding them that they would only be the ones to wear those colorways. it's too bad that Nike limited their customization to midtier shoes. it was fun when we were able to customize our cushions and some of the sigs a few years ago. I would gladly pay a reasonable premium for customized sig shoes. but I guess Nike prioritizes mass production and sell each limited PE/SE releases as if they are top quality. even those rejects ( botched swoosh ) are being sold for insane amount.

That's a good point... letting the endorsers have color-ways that are truly only for them. Didn't think about that. I'm sure there could be some middle ground though. Not practically EVERY one has to be a PE. I think if they released enough color-ways that perhaps were inspired/designed by players/PEs then people would be happier. It's the fact that 95% of what you see won't ever be available that's the issue. Why not have Player PEs and Player GRs? Player GRs that were created actually by the player. People seem to really love what the players create/wear more so than what gets released for the general public. "Luka has 20 PEs but you can actually buy this one. Zion has 25 PEs but you can buy this one."

Being able to customize shoes like this would be cool to do.

That's a good point... letting the endorsers have color-ways that are truly only for them. Didn't think about that. I'm sure there could be some middle ground though. Not practically EVERY one has to be a PE. I think if they released enough color-ways that perhaps were inspired/designed by players/PEs then people would be happier. It's the fact that 95% of what you see won't ever be available that's the issue. Why not have Player PEs and Player GRs? Player GRs that were created actually by the player. People seem to really love what the players create/wear more so than what gets released for the general public. "Luka has 20 PEs but you can actually buy this one. Zion has 25 PEs but you can buy this one."

Being able to customize shoes like this would be cool to do.
the only custom that we only got are garbage. like the one that was supposed to be designed colorway by Zion's lil bro which was all hype due to Zion. no offense to those who like them but that was just atrocious. I'm sure some other 5 year old kid could have done a better job putting up some crayola lines.

All in all, the eclipse plate was def a DOPE modern aesthetic.

as time passes, it will be viewed in the same light as other sig jordan features. Cement/wings/patent leather, etc.

Cant remember the last time jb implemented a new design that was as dope as the eclipse plate, let alone appeared on 2 consecutive sigs.

Last edited:
fire bro. They just had to throw that turquoise garbage on these instead of this.
people in charge of colorways at JB have developed a special talent after the 31's of ruining what could have been massively succesfull new Air Jordan models by either trying too hard with mainly odd colorways and by keeping being too stubborn to keep it mainly simple and rely on their great base design and offer some more closely OG inspired colorways people would love to get their hands on.

xxxiv blue voids and the xxxv COG, to namw two, are great examples of well executed, special, out of the box and trend setting colorways that blended well with the Jordan line heritage while remaining unique and stand on their own at the same time. But for each successful hit, it seems to me like they been missing 6 times by aiming blindlessly, thereby diluting the product by flooding the line with way too many wacky colorways and shoes that look like bootlegged colorways of old each year.

Could that be that it is specifically the reason why they offer colorways in such limited quantity nowadays? Or could it be that they don't have enough confidence each specific colorways is gonna sell since the current customer base is litteraly split apart between 2 generations, about what they like and expect from a modern Jordan shoe?

I think there is a way to do different still and maybe they should look for insight from their soccer shoes department in that regard... which have a great balance of Innovations, great designs and winning colorways year in and year out with just the right balance of classic and freshness that doesn't turn off one crowd or the other, they almost never miss!

The weakness or limiting factor at JB in recent years(for the most part)has NOT been the new Air Jordan concepts themselves, but rather with colorway choices.

We can feel they've been slowly working towards that lately as there seems to be a little better balance compared to the XXX2 and XXX3, but they don't quite go far enough towards the classic side colorblocking treatment and they're leaning a bit too far off to the wacky side as far as the number of offerings IMO.

Once again they could take inspiration from their soccer shoe line for people who want to have those unique PE colorways or just something totally different, give them the option to customize their shoes somewhere down the line. Everyone would be happy and the commercial risks would be minimized by sticking more closely to their bred and butter 😉

serious? Viewed as elephant print or patent? More like the old IPS system to me, with no lasting memories outside of the specific models. There’s no function to ‘eclipse plate’ without the moderator, there’s no reason to have a hole in your midsole. The 34s medial plate can cause slippage, caught me a few times. The 35s is smaller, but they created unnecessary height that digs at your foot, some a lot more than others.

Back
Top Bottom