Air Jordan XXXVI (36) first info…

Screenshot_20211109-170236_Chrome.jpg

what do you mean return after playing? Fellow size 13er

If you buy shoes from nike.com there's a 30 day period where you can try them out and return them for a full refund. I think if you do it in-store at a Nike store (the return), then the manager has discretion. But if you just do the normal 30 day return via the mail, yep, you can return your shoes. And by discretion, I think they can give you a gift card rather than a refund if it looks like you just fought in Afghanistan in the shoes and just came back from overseas to do the return.

I've done it multiple times with shoes I used outside. First time was probably 2015ish with some running shoes I probably put less than a mile on but tried them 3 times and outdoors on concrete (so you know the soles looked used). Sent back in the mail, full refund.

Most recent one was Kyrie 7s I played in outdoors for one session for 2 & 1/2 hours. Just didn't feel solid enough/wide enough for me, though I played decently enough in them. Returned them back on day 28 in the mail and got a full refund.

Other places are starting to do it too, but won't really advertise it much. I returned some under armor bball shoes a few months ago and aside from the cashier who was clearly new at his job, who tried to slink away and ask a manager - I gave him about 15 seconds and then I just walked over there like, "questions?" lol - no issues there either. Refund.

And DSG put a clause in theirs too - that if the shoes are slightly used, that's fine. Look at their return policy online, it's in there someplace. I returned some Two Wxys there that I played about 2.5 hours in (again, outside), and they didn't bat an eye. Weirdly enough they scan the box and look inside the shoe, and glance at the sole, but really spend more time looking on the inside. But all returns (3 or 4) have gone off without a hitch there.

I buy a lot of shoes and play a lot of basketball :lol:

Just think it’s kind of lame to exploit that. I dunno. Like the shoe is a good performer and works well but returned within the window just to get something new.

I hope you're not talking about me. I only return shoes that don't work for me. I'm not destroying the shoe and exploiting the policy, I'm literally using it as intended. I apologize if my post made it seem like anyone should exploit any company's policy. I'm saying if you get a shoe and it doesn't work for you, take it back. If it works for you, keep it and play in it! I play multiple sports in multiple shoes and it's typically outside due to stupid covid. So I'm wearing shoes down and then buying more. Please nobody do anything shady with these return policies. Use them as intended. That's what I do.

Hmmmm, i must say I'm underwhelmed seeing the 36.
They are not bad, but after having the 31, 32, 33 and 34, i personally find the new air Jordans being on a decline since the 35.
There is no wow effect or even no intriguing design element to shock me.
Feels like when i saw the 30 which was rather like a minimal upgrade over the 29.
I kind of get what you are sayin' but the 29 were so good and so vastly appreciated that it made the 30 unjustifiedly(is that even a word?)one of the most under appreciated J's of all time because of what? no enough changes!?! same midsole and outsole...well if the 30 is a slightly improved version of the 29(and I agree) then why the 30 never got the same respect as the 29?
The 30 have all the goodies of the 29, plus unmatched ankle pillows, the craziest anti-slip insole, probably one of the best 1 to 1 fit if not the best and lockdown of any basketball shoe ever...and is a better performance shoe than the 29 in the end. Visually the toe cap was a very interesting way to use scotchlite(3M). The 30 logo forming a basketball net at the back was a good idea. The under appreciated planet earth on the tongue was a nod to the VIII and fitted nicely with the galaxy theme on the midsole and the Jordan story line.

Now for the 34, 35 and 36, what more can we ask for? performance wise not much really, they pretty much nailed it.
The 34 cushionning is already outstanding as it is, even better on the 35 IMO and for having played in the 36 a few times already, they are at least on par with any of the 2 aformentionned.
Visually I find the eclipse plate and cushionning system very spectacular on the last 3 iterations.
Look wise, have you had the 35 or 36 in hand? because pics really don't do either of them justice. The 36 have so many intricate details, it's amazing. The first lights color is completely sick under natural light and the psychic energy really has that classsic OG vibe.

To me the evolution of the 28,29,30,31 and up feels very much like the vibe back in the day to be perfectly honest, except for maybe the 33 a bit where I feel they could have done a little bit better on some levels. Overall I don't see any decline when looking either at specifics or the big picture, but rather the opposite. I see progression and I see improvement overall or at least the best stuff from recent models gets carried on or brought back to fit the enhanced current concept. I plan on continueing to enjoy the 36 to the fullest and I'm already excited for what's to come.

Anyway, I respect your opinion. To each his own and you bring some interesting discussion points. Cheers!

IMG_3920.JPG
IMG_3922.JPG
IMG_3952.JPG
IMG_3965.JPG

Last edited:
I hope you're not talking about me. I only return shoes that don't work for me. I'm not destroying the shoe and exploiting the policy, I'm literally using it as intended. I apologize if my post made it seem like anyone should exploit any company's policy. I'm saying if you get a shoe and it doesn't work for you, take it back. If it works for you, keep it and play in it! I play multiple sports in multiple shoes and it's typically outside due to stupid covid. So I'm wearing shoes down and then buying more. Please nobody do anything shady with these return policies. Use them as intended. That's what I do.
are we equally that bad with women who wore dresses for 1 occasion and return it the next day?

I kind of get what you are sayin' but the 29 were so good and so vastly appreciated that it made the 30 unjustifiedly(is that even a word?)one of the most under appreciated J's of all time because of what? no enough changes!?! same midsole and outsole...well if the 30 is a slightly improved version of the 29(and I agree) then why the 30 never got the same respect as the 29?
The 30 have all the goodies of the 29, plus unmatched ankle pillows, the craziest anti-slip insole, probably one of the best 1 to 1 fit if not the best and lockdown of any basketball shoe ever...and is a better performance shoe than the 29 in the end. Visually the toe cap was a very interesting way to use scotchlite(3M). The 30 logo forming a basketball net at the back was a good idea. The under appreciated planet earth on the tongue was a nod to the VIII and fitted nicely with the galaxy theme on the midsole and the Jordan story line.

Now for the 34, 35 and 36, what more can we ask for? performance wise not much really, they pretty much nailed it.
The 34 cushionning is already outstanding as it is, even better on the 35 IMO and for having played in the 36 a few times already, they are at least on par with any of the 2 aformentionned.
Visually I find the eclipse plate and cushionning system very spectacular on the last 3 iterations.
Look wise, have you had the 35 or 36 in hand? because pics really don't do either of them justice. The 36 have so many intricate details, it's amazing. The first lights color is completely sick under natural light and the psychic energy really has that classsic OG vibe.

To me the evolution of the 28,29,30,31 and up feels very much like the vibe back in the day to be perfectly honest, except for maybe the 33 a bit where I feel they could have done a little bit better on some levels. Overall I don't see any decline when looking either at specifics or the big picture, but rather the opposite. I see progression and I see improvement overall or at least the best stuff from recent models gets carried on or brought back to fit the enhanced current concept. I plan on continueing to enjoy the 36 to the fullest and I'm already excited for what's to come.

Anyway, I respect your opinion. To each his own and you bring some interesting discussion points. Cheers!

IMG_3920.JPG
IMG_3922.JPG
IMG_3952.JPG
IMG_3965.JPG
I have been complimented a lot with these 3 shoes in terms of aesthetics. 34s and 36 are great. 35 would have been great also but the eclipse plate implementation on that was terrible.

IMG_3920.JPG
IMG_3922.JPG
IMG_3952.JPG
IMG_3965.JPG
Making me itch to scoop up those 36s to complete the set like you bro 🤣

why the 30 never got the same respect as the 29?
For whatever reasons, the original 30 was scrapped. (I don't believe anyone here is aware of or has spoken on exactly why). Tinker had less than a year to get something together (he says himself 'MJ called, asked me to do the shoe, but I had no time'). This explains the minimal changes, minimal colorways, minimal press release and shaky overall performance. The rubber compound on the outsoles was changed, (a 'roll of the dice' on if your specific pair would bite). The sticky insoles were bothersome for those of us who double-up on socks. The toe box was tight, due to the micro-chromized toe cap. Overall the shoe was 50/50. Fitting, because it was rushed.
Personally, outside of the eclipse plate, I wouldn't group the 34s with the last two models. The 34 was it's own shoe with minimal nods to the IV. I enjoyed the design of the uppers. The PEs were great- The SEs were great. In terms of design language- the lines and curves made sense. The eclipse plate, albeit bulky, worked with the Zoom via moderator plate.

35s were opposite of the 34 direction. The plate did nothing for the Zoom -it was revamped as a 'torsion/midfoot' support piece. Bit too much of the Vs and it doesn't have clear design language. The best looking pairs were the ones with midsoles painted to compliment the arch upper overlays.

They need to give us different looks for the 36. I own the Glorys, the details are nice, I agree. A piece of mesh under the toe box would've been nice, some of us do wear these shoes casually lol. The upper-- is what it is...but it's grown on me. ..The midsole template is the same on every pair. There's 3 layers to color, the ribbon is always colored -- mute the ribbon and color the other layers. Add some flare. No black or dark colored outsoles. I do like the design better than the 35s, but so far the colorways, flare and theme mockups are slow-go.

IMG_3920.JPG
IMG_3922.JPG
IMG_3952.JPG
IMG_3965.JPG

Great post and I agree!

Unfortunately you’re gonna make me dig in my closet to get some 30’s to play in :rolleyes

Back
Top Bottom