Air Jordan XXXVII (37) first look…

I feel like he'll stick with the Kobe-inspired 36s
Agreed. He’s a superstitious dude. He will stick to what is working for him, and right now, it appears to be these. I remember him switching to the Zoo 34s a lot, even when the 35s were out.

I don’t know why but they were fire
130189FE-765E-4798-9DBC-6BC8CE24E99E.jpeg
Those are nice. Wonder if the outsole glows

Someone else should chime in but believe its Tatums favorite CW of the 11.
Since he has been the face of the flagship model think some were hoping for a CG 36 likend to his 34 PE.
Those were Bradley Beal's, he loves to nod that scripture. The sig strategy is confusing. It's obviously not about making money. They're paying Melo millions to market PEs and CP still gets his wearing a 4yr old shoe.

No person thinks the 35’s were trash except for you.

Each Jordan model is intended to be an upgrade from the previous model, it doesn’t mean the previous model was trash.

Not always the case, there's several duds that came after better predecessors and several older models that out-perform many newer ones.

Not always the case, there's several duds that came after better predecessors and several older models that out-perform many newer ones.
“Intended to be an upgrade”.

Not just intended but designed to get better and better year after year.

Unless you believe the goal was to make duds…

1654228257231.gif

So the 37s based on that pic have double stacked forefoot zoom AND a forefoot zoom strobel board? And the heel went from zoom in the 36s (strobel) to foam… interesting. I’m sure they’ll be great on court.

Gotta say: if those really are the tech specs, I'm disappointed. Tried the GT Run, which has the same cushion setup in the forefoot, and was not impressed. Of course the heel foam can be a pleasant surprise, but after seeing the specs I'm gonna be out at least for now. If they end up being performance beats then I will tuck my tail between my legs and be on the line for these :D

Unless you believe the goal was to make duds…
I know a little about this… they don’t always look to ‘improve’ because they don’t always feel the predecessor was a failure. They will say the predecessor gave them ‘what they wanted’ for that ‘specific cycle’. Unless feedback is overwhelmingly bad, they take a blank canvas approach, while incrementally tweaking the uppers and cushion set up. That’s why so many of their techs have come and go (traction patterns, shrouds, tech flex, IPS, changeable midsoles, APT, flight plate, fly woven/weave, fast fit, eclipse plate). Does the current Air Jordan outperform all of those previous iterations of tech? They’re not using that metric.

Last edited:
I know a little about this… they don’t always look to ‘improve’ because they don’t always feel the predecessor was a failure. They will say the predecessor gave them ‘what they wanted’ for that ‘specific cycle’. Unless feedback is overwhelmingly bad, they take a blank canvas approach, while incrementally tweaking the uppers and cushion set up. That’s why so many of their techs have come and go (traction patterns, shrouds, tech flex, IPS, changeable midsoles, APT, flight plate, fly woven/weave, fast fit, eclipse plate). Does the current Air Jordan outperform all of those previous iterations of tech? They’re not using that metric.

It’s not about a previous model being a failure. It’s about building a better and better shoe with each new model.

More cushion, different traction pattern, different materials for uppers to make the shoe lighter.

Each model is about progression.

To answer your question. The Air Jordan is Nike’s\Jordan’s flagship model, it’s intended to out perform every previous Jordan model.

The 2 was supposed to be better than the 1, the 4 better than the 3 etc…

If you didn’t know that I’m not sure what to tell ya.

1654292464393.gif

It’s not about a previous model being a failure. It’s about building a better and better shoe with each new model.

More cushion, different traction pattern, different materials for uppers to make the shoe lighter.

Each model is about progression.

To answer your question. The Air Jordan is Nike’s\Jordan’s flagship model, it’s intended to out perform every previous Jordan model.

The 2 was supposed to be better than the 1, the 4 better than the 3 etc…

If you didn’t know that I’m not sure what to tell ya.

1654292464393.gif
Early on? Sure. But that’s not how the last 25 years went. I quote Howard White, I know him personally. The XV is a KNOWN dud- Tinker ADMITTED he failed that shoe. He was NOT building that shoe to improve on the XIVs. He also admitted similar with the 30. The 31 was one of the worse recent Jordan’s regarding traction. The fast fit 33 was an overall dud compared to predecessors. The 35s bulky eclipse plate was very a miss for many. I’m sorry if discussing these mishaps sacrilege the Air Jordan.

Back
Top Bottom