Air Jordan XXXVII (37) first look…

I think they were trying to go for the OG 7 feel where the ankle area of the collar was not super functional but purely for aesthetics. The 7s were basically lows with the extended collar like the huaraches you mentioned
I find that funny though considering the signature line is supposed to be the most functional/performance driven sneaker on the market. If anyone plays in the shoe over time, please report back here. I'm curious to know how the gap would potentially be an issue.

Feel pretty good!
F1C5CAAF-9FA2-4560-97DD-329F0669FA3C.jpeg

Fantastic so far. Pros and cons for sure but def a top tier hoop shoe currently right now, $185 though imo is pretty steep.

Forefoot cushion is absolutely stellar, exact same as the Kyrie infinity zoom strobel but seems a little more bouncy, possibly the double stacked effect.

Heel formula 23 has a slight compression but nothing to write home about, the TPU caged wrap really limit it imo.

The traction so far is at par with the 36 ide say.

The upper what everyone seems to hate…..I love it, fits better than the 36 right off the bat, no break in time and has more TPU strands that make it a little stronger, the over aesthetics of it and weave is ugly imo but it works amazing on court!

The small material gap near the ankle may look goofy but it’s very slight and will have no ill effect on this shoe while on court imo.

So far a pretty solid shoe after
My first 5 on 5 2.5 hr hoop session. Aspects that I love, some I don’t but looking forwards to getting many hours in them.

Fantastic so far. Pros and cons for sure but def a top tier hoop shoe currently right now, $185 though imo is pretty steep.

Forefoot cushion is absolutely stellar, exact same as the Kyrie infinity zoom strobel but seems a little more bouncy, possibly the double stacked effect.

Heel formula 23 has a slight compression but nothing to write home about, the TPU caged wrap really limit it imo.

The traction so far is at par with the 36 ide say.

The upper what everyone seems to hate…..I love it, fits better than the 36 right off the bat, no break in time and has more TPU strands that make it a little stronger, the over aesthetics of it and weave is ugly imo but it works amazing on court!

The small material gap near the ankle may look goofy but it’s very slight and will have no ill effect on this shoe while on court imo.

So far a pretty solid shoe after
My first 5 on 5 2.5 hr hoop session. Aspects that I love, some I don’t but looking forwards to getting many hours in them.

Thanks for the breakdown!

Slight hairline crack in my carbon plate. Didn’t really look before playing in them but after my 2nd 2 hour session this morning I noticed it …I will mention, I’ve had issues with the 28s and 11 carbon plates cracking slightly, imo it doesn’t really effect any performance and it’s usually just a slight chip or crack. I find when the outsole goes overtop like the 13s and 12s there is never an issue.
D50D9BE7-72C4-4AF1-BAB2-C9E531192BCA.jpeg

Last edited:
Slight hairline crack in my carbon plate. Didn’t really look before playing in them but after my 2nd 2 hour session this morning I noticed it …I will mention, I’ve had issues with the 28s and 11 carbon plates cracking slightly, imo it doesn’t really effect any performance and it’s usually just a slight chip or crack. I find when the outsole goes overtop like the 13s and 12s there is never an issue.
D50D9BE7-72C4-4AF1-BAB2-C9E531192BCA.jpeg
Point, there shouldn't have it no matter how slight it is. That is soom poor weak*** cf plate.

Pics with light grey, dark grey, and orange Socks. I don’t have a red pair to try but orange gives you an idea of what they would look like.

Attachments

• E31FD6FD-DCB5-4DEF-8D81-6E49290B3F74.jpeg
    E31FD6FD-DCB5-4DEF-8D81-6E49290B3F74.jpeg
    300.2 KB · Views: 132
  • 97D4142B-6032-4EA4-9168-89BB8E4899E7.jpeg
    97D4142B-6032-4EA4-9168-89BB8E4899E7.jpeg
    275.3 KB · Views: 355
  • AA02F926-4116-4937-A07E-647D48C355A8.jpeg
    AA02F926-4116-4937-A07E-647D48C355A8.jpeg
    290.6 KB · Views: 809
The lows look good from a distance.. Weird that we’re seeing the lows so soon tho, I’d rather they waited a month or two to unveil the lows honestly.

I’m kinda hoping to see an “SE” model like with the 34s again sometime. The 34 SE was a great concept, making the shoe more for casual wear than just straight on-court shoes. A 37 SE could look pretty good with a regular non weave upper.

The lows look good from a distance.. Weird that we’re seeing the lows so soon tho, I’d rather they waited a month or two to unveil the lows honestly.

I’m kinda hoping to see an “SE” model like with the 34s again sometime. The 34 SE was a great concept, making the shoe more for casual wear than just straight on-court shoes. A 37 SE could look pretty good with a regular non weave upper.
Same thing happened with the 36's, when Luka debuted them in the Olympics even before the "First Light" CW had dropped.

As you were saying, lows are looking good from a distance. Will be keeping my eyes open for them 👀

Last edited:
Well the last few years have seen Jordan Brand push the lows of the signature line earlier because as they have signed new players, the signature shoes I'd the others have been moved around the release of these shoes, with Zion, then Luka, and soon Tatum.getting the signature shoes the brand has to gather some hype early as possible! As we all know Tatum will get his shoe in 2023, so who's next to get a signature shoe??

Back
Top Bottom