Air Jordan XXXVII (37) first look…

These b***ches are gonna be toast in no time
94E01DDE-A026-423E-9E5B-C2BE5D540B02.jpeg
I would have these returned already. it's effed up. worst cf quality I have ever seen. the knock-off cf are even better than these garbage.

also, if they cracked on you, I feel they don't stand a chance on me. although my shoes with CF on them never had this sort of monstrosity. even my retired Futures which I worn for several years never cracked liked that inspite of beating them up so bad.
The carbon fiber on my OG 11’s cracked back in like 96. I returned them to Nike and they mailed me back a pair of Barkleys! I was like WTF… No online credit like today.

My dad sent Nike a pair of Hare 7s that ripped open on the side after like 3 years… And got a pair of Concords shipped back to him :rofl:

He didn’t like the Concords, sold them to a friend and purchased the Columbia 11s when new. Times have changed, customer service is nothing now.

Not Jordan related but I remember back in 08 or 09 I was hooping in two pair of OG hyperdunks, one for practice and one for game day during my junior HS season. The heels were notorious for completely ripping apart in like 3 months of heavy use. My coach at the time told me about sending shoes back to Nike for a voucher and I remember calling customer service to ask about the process and telling her how I was worried since I was on my second pair and already starting seeing small tearing. Lady was nice enough to give me the full credit voucher up front to buy a new pair of shoes while I started the process of shipping the hyperdunks back. I remember buying my first pair of Kobes with the money and I never forgot that lol.

My dad sent Nike a pair of Hare 7s that ripped open on the side after like 3 years… And got a pair of Concords shipped back to him :rofl:

He didn’t like the Concords, sold them to a friend and purchased the Columbia 11s when new. Times have changed, customer service is nothing now.

Yessir! We figured out that you could leave little "request" notes on the return invoices and more often than not, they'd honor it. I remember a friend sent back a pair of Hare 7's and wrote "could I please have black?" on the sheet. About a month later Aqua 8's were on his doorstep.

The carbon fiber on my OG 11’s cracked back in like 96. I returned them to Nike...
Cracked my 1st pair of OG wht/blk 11's too only after a few wears back in '96 that I had dyed black with a purple jumpman just like MJ's playoffs shoes vs Orlando. Had another wht/blk pair, along with a pair of each of lows IE.
Got a replacement pair for the 1st ones from Nike to which I gave the same custom treatment, cracked 'em again. In fact they all ended up cracking eventually after extensive court wear and countless outdoors dunk sessions week in and week out, but decided to keep them after my 1st experience because I loved the shoes too much and lets be honest they still played great no matter what.

As far as I can remember I cracked only one retro 11 as they seem to be a little more resistant than the OG's or simply because I wore 'em maybe a little or just ended up being lucky? IDK

If my memory serves me right, I don't recall having ever any issues with my OG 12's or retros.

Cracked 2 of my 3 OG 13's too after extensive wear back in the day, but kept those as well in the end.

No issues to report for me with any other J's as far as CF is concerned.

With that said, I'm not that surprised about the result we've seen with the 37 here, but rather how fast and that's what is rather unfortunate in my view.

I haven't tested the 37's yet, but if mine do crack and it doesn't really affect performance as it's been the case with my previous J's , it's really no big deal for me as how many of us need that half inch to an inch extra vert to change their lives? and even after seeing the shoe deconstructed, on the 37's the CF looks more like it's there to bridge under the arch as opposed to a spring plate.

It is disappointing/annoying that it cracks especially at that price point, but if you can't feel any difference while on court, might as well forget about it and enjoy the shoes for everything else they might have to offer, we'll see how it goes for others and myself in the coming weeks...

I got my pair of Hare 37s in from Finishline as well. I have a very wide foot (4E), and I got a size 9, based on my fit experience of the previous models. On initial try-on, the 37s are quite a bit more forgiving up front and at the mid foot. The shape of the forefoot is wider as well, and doesn’t taper in to a point as much. I usually get a 9 to accommodate my wide feet, but for these 37s, it looks like I’ll be going down to an 8.5.

I just wanted to share my experience, to help out the wide footers out there thinking of picking up the 37s. Definitely an interesting shoe!!

Last edited:
funny story, I got a pair of these and wore them to the ball game thinking they would keep my feet cool and yo did they. I was at the urinal and some drunk fool next to me talking on his phone starts peeing on my foot, it soaked right through the mesh and I had a piss sock all night. I think I will be returning these shoes now and well sell the piss socks back on eBay

funny story, I got a pair of these and wore them to the ball game thinking they would keep my feet cool and yo did they. I was at the urinal and some drunk fool next to me talking on his phone starts peeing on my foot, it soaked right through the mesh and I had a piss sock all night. I think I will be returning these shoes now and well sell the piss socks back on eBay

drake-phone.gif

hell naw

Back
Top Bottom