Air Penny 2 RD & Pics: 9/27/08 White/Royal/Black, 11/08, & 01/09

Picked these up today, quality sucks!!! The bubbles on the side where the swoosh used to be but now has the penny logo isn't even a bubble on these! It's flat as a pancake! The leather is ok at best. I've been waiting for these for a loooonnngg time, sucks that Nike messed these up man.

Picked these up today, quality sucks!!! The bubbles on the side where the swoosh used to be but now has the penny logo isn't even a bubble on these! It's flat as a pancake! The leather is ok at best. I've been waiting for these for a loooonnngg time, sucks that Nike messed these up man.
Where?

Saw some pics on IG and twitter today, quality looks really really bad. Anyone else confirm. Seems like someone in this thread already mentioned lackluster QC.

looked for em yesterday just to see em in person with no luck

Know they'll be more abundant later based off other nike releases

Last edited:
the pennys to have imo are the penny 1 and 2 in both the orlando color, and the penny 2 in the atlantic
classics. i never got em originally cause i was such a big bulls fan back then, and boycotted anything orlando and penny.. but i couldnt deny the design and color scheme was so smooth. classic!

i dont need any other pennys if i have those . i actually just need these atlantic color way 2s, but the price tag.

that and the royal foams will complete the only pennys i need in my life.

i thought the binary rookies were a clean penny shoe too which i have, but i could do without if i had the above.

Last edited:
Noticed Nightwing picked em up. Might be in the minority here but I am looking forward to his review.

Last edited:

So do these fit TTS or do they run small like the other retros?
My size 10 in the Atlantic Blue fits a little smaller than my black/royal pair from a few years back but I like my shoes more snug to stop creasing. Or else I pop a sneaker shield in.

I'm going to warn yall in advance to QUALITY CHECK your shoes. I ordered a pair from Villa and picked up from UPS today. It had glue all on the leather and carbon fiber. Also the sole wasn't glued on correctly to the upper and it left a wide gap in between. Just horrible. I just got back from exchanging from my local Villa since  I saw via IG that they got pairs in. Other than that I love the shoes. The leather is Jordan OG 1 soft kinda like the side panel on the UNC and Chicago. I kid you not. No BS. My Penny 2 collection is complete. Now I just needs Orlando 1 and Neon Royal foams. Then my Penny collection as a whole is complete IMO

Wow so these fit even smaller than your black royals?? I have a pair of black royals from a few years back as well and I had to size up. Sounds like I should size up for these too then

Wow so these fit even smaller than your black royals?? I have a pair of black royals from a few years back as well and I had to size up. Sounds like I should size up for these too then
It's not a lot smaller. Maybe a 2/3 of an inch. But it's noticeable. I just tried them both on to be sure. 

Last edited:
the pennys to have imo are the penny 1 and 2 in both the orlando color, and the penny 2 in the atlantic
classics. i never got em originally cause i was such a big bulls fan back then, and boycotted anything orlando and penny.. but i couldnt deny the design and color scheme was so smooth. classic!

i dont need any other pennys if i have those . i actually just need these atlantic color way 2s, but the price tag.

that and the royal foams will complete the only pennys i need in my life.

i thought the binary rookies were a clean penny shoe too which i have, but i could do without if i had the above.
I agree. On the whole, the entire Penny line is classic, but the above stated 1's, 2's, and Royal foamposites are the best of the the bunch. I wasn't a fan of the Penny 3's. The OG's were horrendous, so much so, the same night I purchased them, I returned them to the store after walking around in them for a few more minutes. It completely turned me off from that model. I guess it was a precursor to the Penny IV, which I have the retro and a pain to put on.

got my shipping confirmation today! Might pick up a second pair later, when prices will drop.

Can't wait to get home. Mine should be shipped today!

Does anyone know if they made these in GS? and if NDC will be releasing these?

Can't wait to get home. Mine should be shipped today!

Does anyone know if they made these in GS? and if NDC will be releasing these?

They are available in GS but not sure if they are on Nike. I saw them at RUVILLA and a shoe city

They are available in GS but not sure if they are on Nike. I saw them at RUVILLA and a shoe city
I have a 20% off on NDC so i thought i'd purchase them there and save some money. Are there any promo codes at some of those other online retailers?

Happy to hear quality, for the most part is good on these. May have to bite the bullet and look past the color and outsole difference and get a pair.

Considering on buying a pair soon...Hopefully I can get them for retail or with a discount.

the 1 cent logo instead of the swoosh is driving me nuts but most likely going to give in and get a pair , slept on these the last retro release along with the black joints.....

Original 1996 pairs on top

2006 and 2009 retro's on bottom

I ordered a pair of the PE version yesterday. Wanted to wait for that reduced price, but they have been selling out, and i didn't want to miss out just in case they were limited like the first Atlantic 2009 release.

Back
Top Bottom