Air Tech Challenge II and Tech Low Retro EDIT*pic* 9/29 uhoh

Originally Posted by Tronics

The front of the toe box panel is too high.
They curl up at the front too much aswell.

Plus the length of the toebox is too long imo.

Makes them look more clunky then athletic.

laugh.gif

Oh wait, is that a serious post? You guys that are always talking about the shape of retros really crack me up. Unless it is something obvious like the airstabs I really don't see where you're coming from.

well i love my pair, got em at dqm at retail, i havent been proud of retro in a long time, i find em well done, sad to see ppl say its a garbage retro, orthey got butchered, there great.

Big thanks to PD-ONE's ebay auction of the orginials. I used his photos as a great reference.

Top is obviously OG. and in some, left is the Originials.
5f625b649369dc18c7bb27918d148eac9b6bb1b.pjpg

135350a0468c653ecfdecd96b33d59bc083ff8f.pjpg

22e250d4df617c48cb3bfaeef529821f15dbb29.pjpg

61e25c0461686cd2c62bac857702785f41c7e4b.pjpg

0c23578f4c8d69bdc274c239b8d761dc9e6641d.pjpg

d6a25a84106f3c77cbcb1e436f60a07ee5c9d1f.pjpg

9c0255144c6b9c9dcb8bf885cec257d21be29c4.pjpg

86d1594863ccc5bef1a49159f8600071278fdb8.pjpg

Lastly the sticklers shot pointing out the "mistakes":
17a35e3e4ed16400c4adc61cbac2a1dbc2e380b.pjpg

*Plese reference the larger photos above after glancing at the circled zones.
Exhibit A.: -Black triming should obviously extend out more on the inside of the shoe design. the outer area is correct on retro
Exhibit B:. -The toebox stitching is just alittle too curvy.
Exhibit C: -.Heel black ribbing is just not ribbed enough on the retros. its there but not as noticeable as the OGs.
-White trim should expose more of the splatter print near the midsole present in the OGs. the white trim is just alittle bit overextendted in theretros near the midsole.
Exhibit D:
- the Swoosh should go through past the grey plastic lace lock to give it a more linear look.
- Probably the biggest error, if you will, is the shape of the black and white trim. As a result of how the swoosh was placed, it seemed to throw off thedesign alittle. it's just too arched in the retros. In fact, with the OGs you wouldnt even consider it a arch, just a steady line.

In closing, without any actual wear and off looks alone, This is a grade A reproduction. Now once you wear them and all that other stuff is realized, the Agrade may not even matter

once upon i time i did own ogs, and the only thing that i can see is blatanty off is the tongue.

the OG tongue has more padding and is slightly taller, from what i remember.

the retro tongue is the thinnest tongue i have ever seen, and pretty short.

They look great to me. Thanks for the comparison pics Wally.

Some of you dudes who will inevitably complain are ridiculous.

the thickness of the tongue was the only thing i really noticed at first. but i think nike did a good job with these overall.

my pair from pys arrived....this one had some glue stain problems maybe its the one i will wear im not sure.

happy with my two pairs....till the next one

where are your glue stains? im still wondering why so many are saying the quality is bad. im looking at mine and feel they are almost perfect retros. which israre because many of my other shoes have glue stains.

my pair from eastbay only had some extra thread very little and a lil spot on the toe box.......

and the pair from pys has a bigger spot on the toe box (small but still) and some sticky stuff on the outter toe box and on the swoosh im gonna try to cleanthem up, and it also had a excess thread problem. nothing major but still.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

where are your glue stains? im still wondering why so many are saying the quality is bad. im looking at mine and feel they are almost perfect retros. which is rare because many of my other shoes have glue stains.

exactly my point...

I received my pair from PYS this past Monday. Still waiting on my other pair from FNL.com. Ordered on Apr. 2, but customer service told me it was going to shipout on Thursday. As far as shoe quality, I still love 'em. The color just pops for me. And there's nothing nicer than seeing a few scuffs on a pair ofwhite kicks.

ordered them from finishline sunday evening, and got them this afternoon. surprised at how fast i got them,

this is the first time i hear so many satisfied customers with finishline...i always hear that they cancel orders and take forever and a day too ship....gladeveryone is getting their pair(s)

Got my second pair in from Finishline as well. I wore my pair from Eastbay already so I'm keepin the other one on ice. Love these shoes!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

this is the first time i hear so many satisfied customers with finishline...i always hear that they cancel orders and take forever and a day too ship....glad everyone is getting their pair(s)

Finshline shipping is not bad, order from them all the time. My ATC II's should be coming in tomorrow can't wait.
pimp.gif

lol it seems like alot of people are doubling up, me included. my 2nd pair from fnl should be arriving tomorrow. overall these kicks are great except for thecreasing on the sides as you wear them, which happens to a lot of other kicks also.

Damn, if I come across some money I'm going to try and double up, these are pretty hot. But I'm happy with the pair I got now so.....

and does anoyone know about any other colors comin out?

Back
Top Bottom