Air Tech Challenge II and Tech Low Retro EDIT*pic* 9/29 uhoh

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

SHERLOCK FOA Quote:Were would Nike be without the 1990's? Sorry to tell you but the Tech challenge II dropped in 1989

one date tag ive seen says 891202. so its basically 1990 when it hit stores and was eventually sold out .
f18c_1.JPG

thats from a low model.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150232600641
and the shoes that retroed:
2z3qcsl.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220214633803

lows released indeed in 89

the atc II 3/4 were produced in 1989 and 1990

Iboizco had some 1989 pairs and were salesman samples....

Technically, we go with the release date right? Like the ATCII retro, they had a production date of 10/10/07, but we consider them to be a 2008 shoe, right?

This shoe for me is amazing...it was the first shoe I completely destroyed and kept...starting what turned into a collection. I can remember going back toFoot Locker trying to get another pair 6 months after the first pair was dead...only to find out that they were no longer availabe...the concept blew my mind
laugh.gif

like what the hell i'm supposed to do with these pink spandex shorts now? needless to say my tennis game severly suffered from this point forward

Nike did a great job on these, I could say something about the microscopic differences that are in the retro but they don't really matter, what made theshoe is there...

It's been great to be able to watch peoples expression upon seeing the shoe, some instantly taken back while others are new fans...even one shortyreminding me so much of myself as a kid I had to play Doc from Back to the Future and warn him to get 2 pairs!!! His mom wasn't having it
ohwell.gif

What I was told by Nike would never be (something about Andre switching to Adidas for a extra Million $) has become and I can only say thanks. Life is betterin ATC's

Saint Alfred in Chicago will be receiving a re-stock of these in sizes 6-14..in about 2 weeks, I work there so info is good and yes we ship!

^ do you still play?

Edit - New clothing pics from TSG... we've seen the jacket, now there are shirts... ironically, the Challenge Court logo was for the Air Tech ChallengeIII... it wasn't for the original Air Tech Challenge II... hmmmm...

hljacket6.JPG
hljacket7.JPG

hljacket4.JPG

For the Clay blue/Tart colorway...
hljacket3.JPG
hljacket5.JPG

thanks for the pix, is that really pink in that jacket, i wanna pull the trigger, but dont know about that color, is that really pink???!?!?!?

That jacket looks tacky IMO...and in the warm spring and summer days ahead who the hell wants to wear a jacket out?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

That jacket looks tacky IMO...and in the warm spring and summer days ahead who the hell wants to wear a jacket out?
laugh.gif
Depends on where you live. It can get chilly during some spring nights.

Plus, it's a wind jacket. I doubt if it's that heavy.

i got my pair today from finishline and i love em
i took some wallpaper worthy pics that i'll upload later

Received my pair from FNL today, and I was kinda disappointed. The paint around the midsole looks bad and there was pubic looking hair stuck to the paint.Guess I will run my into the ground and hope to get another later.

Originally Posted by nanbeezy

Received my pair from FNL today, and I was kinda disappointed. The paint around the midsole looks bad and there was pubic looking hair stuck to the paint. Guess I will run my into the run and hope to get another later.

My pair just came in today and I was also disappointed by the midsole paint. The white paint is not consistent at all. I can see the brush strokes andsome parts are thicker and whiter than other parts.

Good to hear that folks' FNL orders were delivered. My order was placed on the 2nd and still haven't received shipping confirmation. Customer servicesaid it would ship Thursday.

Wait a second. I thought the reason the flaming tennis ball not appearing on the ATC III was that Nike did not have permission from Agassi to use it. Why canNike now use the logo on the shirts? Don't get me wrong, I love the retros. But, if Nike kept the ATC III true to the OG design, I believe the market wouldhave reacted the same way as it did for the ATC II. Anyone know what's going on here?

Originally Posted by Econman

Wait a second. I thought the reason the flaming tennis ball not appearing on the ATC III was that Nike did not have permission from Agassi to use it. Why can Nike now use the logo on the shirts? Don't get me wrong, I love the retros. But, if Nike kept the ATC III true to the OG design, I believe the market would have reacted the same way as it did for the ATC II. Anyone know what's going on here?

you're right... and that was the initial assumption... but I guess it appears that they did have the 'right' to use the logo... strangeindeed...

Originally Posted by Econman

Wait a second. I thought the reason the flaming tennis ball not appearing on the ATC III was that Nike did not have permission from Agassi to use it. Why can Nike now use the logo on the shirts? Don't get me wrong, I love the retros. But, if Nike kept the ATC III true to the OG design, I believe the market would have reacted the same way as it did for the ATC II. Anyone know what's going on here?

basically...nike shot themselves in da foot for destroyin da first retro....i copped em sooo cheap..but then again they were made so cheap too...midsolepaint cracks fasst.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Buttons McBoomBoom

Anyone who picked up the Windrunner already wanna give an idea of how its cut...large..slim...etc. Thanks in advance.

i would like to know the same thing, im wondering do that have these in Niketown NY?

mine arrive yesterday (ordered it tuesday). finishline did a good job....except for the packaging. Big #@! box for a single pair. result: shoe box was open andshoes were out and the box is semi gone. smh. but the shoe itself is nice. im thinking about a 2nd pair.

Back
Top Bottom