Air Trainer 1 - Chlorophyll - mid January 2008

I'm interested in getting a pair of these... The only pair of Trainer Is that I own are the Huf Trainers...

The question is, will I be able to find these on sale like I did the Tech Challenges & the DT Turf Max?

Damn, thanks for those pics Wally. I'm almost to the point where I'm about to bite the bullet and pay the extra $$ to get these. But before I do, isthere ANY word of a U.S. release on these? Somehow when I rush to get something overseas, it ends up dropping stateside a few months down the road.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

e1425144bb632c88cb4bf3108c112e79223c380.pjpg

Comparing the orginials on the far left, the 2000 edition (the 2nd over from the left) and the 2008 edition (far right pair) it looks like the 2008s are more along the same shape as the originals from 1990 and not the retros from 2000. its very much evident in this last shot. the two middle pairs seem wider at the ankle.

you can never get perfection. two steps forward, one step back. you get great effort on the latest shape change. but yet the color and materials are still not perfect. so its a tough situation to be in. Do you go with the 2000 with perfect material matching, wrong colors, and a shape thats just a bit off, or for the shoe with different materials, the same wrong colors, but a shape thats almost perfect. too bad they can never get it just right
wink.gif

Thanks for the comparo Wally. my only wish with the 2008 retros is that they had the chlorophyll colored tongue lining like the older retros.

Nice 'Family Pics' Wally...

didn't realize how different the 1990's and 2000's were... regarding the shape of the '08's, I can't really tell from the pics, butcould it partly be due to the stuffed tongue? not sure how stuffed the 2000's are though... they seem to be pushing the ankle collar out...

damn i was about to get them from kix-files but they dont have an 11, oh well ill just wait until they go on FCNY or something..

one thing youll learn quickly with these trainers, the current price isnt that bad. if anything Yall need to buy now. whats gonna happen is, the people whooriginially bought them at this price, will see that there still at this price a few weeks or months down the line and by that time there pair is relativelybeatup. they choose to buy another second pair because the price to them isnt that bad. they know whats up.

years down the line, the price will skyrocket $40-50 from the current price.

bottomline, the price will never drop to prices that non immediate trainer fans think is a great price because they will get scooped up by trainer guys who arebeating the hell out of their shoes. ive seen it first hand. these guys wont let the shoes drop that low, theyll simply buy at that same relative initial pricepoint.

they will however increase in price and yall will be asking yourselves, why didnt i just get them at $150 on release? many people found out the hard way withinthe past year as these trainers increased in price to around $160 all the way up to $500, with one 2000 retro.

i've never seen a airtrainer chlorophyll below $105

This and the Air Cross Trainer I (low) are muy favorite sneakers. I have the 2000 retro. I want these too though. But not as much as an Air Cross Trainer Iretro....

Wally is right! Don't sleep. Regardless if you are a Trainer guy or not, if you like these get them while you can. I bought my 2002 Chlorophyllsz13's in 2005 for $320. It took me that long to find em in my size DS. I already got the 2008's and plan on wearing them to the ground!

My pair finally arrived! A connect in the UK scooped up the last pair of US 10 for me from Size?

These are the first pair of Air Trainer 1 I've owned, and I can't believe it's taken me 20 years to finally own a pair, even if it is a retro.Since they weren't available in stores around my way, I had to go with my gut feeling and arranged to get a size US 10. I usually wear a size 9.5 in Nikeb-ball shoes. But with most retro Air Maxes (95, 97, etc.), they usually run a 1/2 size smaller, and the toe box usually feels narrow to me. I feel that theAir Trainer 1 is in the same category, so going up a 1/2 size was a good idea and they fit perfectly (just a sizing tip).

The egg crate sole is definitely a different feel! It'll take some getting use to. Overall, they look good, I'm totally satisfied and I can'twait to break these out this spring/summer, maybe sooner.

For those still on the fence about purchasing them, don't wait too long, because on the Size? website, there's only a US 8 and 9 left. After that, itlooks like eBay's your best bet (that is, if they don't drop in the US).

Thanks Wally for the pics.

Peace
F Sharp005

That's some good news. I remember when they were out last time, didn't really sell too quick in my area but considerably well

Is there any chance I could still get a US 13 anywhere? anybody wanna sell a pair?

these things are fantastic. my homeslice picked up a pair in australia. not sure how much he paid though. really nice regardless.

Back
Top Bottom