Air Trainer 1 - Chlorophyll - mid January 2008

and has an exposed ribbing stitch area?
you lost me with that one....come again???
laugh.gif

no but seriously, I'm not too sure, I'll have to take a look later......or you can yourself in the near future
wink.gif

EDIT: here are some more pics of the 87's for your reference

14jndw1.jpg

33booea.jpg

6pu7hf.jpg

m8o26a.jpg

eheq2b.jpg

358p9ox.jpg

21mgjg2.jpg

pduno, i doubt i had the right terminology when i asked that but look at the am 180:
f19b_3.jpg

Around the top part of the tongue has that exposed stitching. it's there on many 1987 pairs. but not all. and of course the 1990s through 2008 releases allhave the SEWN then folded inside out clean finish as so:
78c25b94e0683c80c1cb9ba4389c4dbf6633429.pjpg

of course im probably looking too much into it but hey, this stuff interests me.

oh wow look at those!!!

yeah, basically the detail around the tongue is what we were discussing... on the new ones (2000, 2002 & 2008), you cannot see the stitches on thetongue... I don't know the term for it, but its been sewn together and then 'fliped-over' to hide the stitches... but for the 1987 ones, thestitches around the edge of the tongue are all exposed...

initially we thought it was only on a few pairs from 1987...

oh word? in that case, then yeah the tongue is in fact like you described. You can always count on Wally to come with all the little tid bits on this shoe!these don't seem as "chunky" as the retros, the shape is more streamlined it seems..just my opinion. And the leather, both the white and greypart, its far more superior in texture, it just makes the retros look like a cheap toy knock-off. Quality, back when it existed on Nikes.

back to the subject at hand, we gonna see the 08's in the good ol US?

MAN I want these...like the others that have said..I remember buying these shoes MYSELF...saving and saving money. I LOVE THESE!

I just messaged some EBAY cats in ASIA for some US 10 or 10.5. I really would love to see these on Eastbay or something easy. If anyone has the hook ups..letme know!

Still loving mine, wearing them almost everday and I never do that. Definately need another pair or 2.

nice 3th. this really gives me incentive to possibly sell my 2002 chip prone pair and buy up some more 2008s. i already have one chipped 2002. id be real hurtif it happened again

So after searching long and hard, and emailing my friends across the way... I finally think I secured myself a pair. I just kept looking and looking..and I am90% there on getting a pair from Hong Kong. I am lucky I guess I have some friends out there to hook it up.

This sucks that it is an Asia and Euro release only. I do hope it makes it to the US, then I can buy another pair. Love the ATC II in hot lava that just cameout but these really bring back warm memories...when and if they come stateside, I will def cop another pair.

I will post up as I hear more or pics once I get my pair.

Well....looks like my order went through...so I will post up when I get them in next week.

A hint...as you all know these were an ASIA and EURO release...try googling UK or Hong Kong shoe stores with an online presence. Or try EBAY in thosecountries. I dont know how well they are selling over there...you may be able to grab a pair...good luck to all those that want these!

Originally Posted by AsianImage

Well....looks like my order went through...so I will post up when I get them in next week.

A hint...as you all know these were an ASIA and EURO release...try googling UK or Hong Kong shoe stores with an online presence. Or try EBAY in those countries. I dont know how well they are selling over there...you may be able to grab a pair...good luck to all those that want these!
mind giving the website? and how much shipped? thanks in advance

This is one of my grails. This is the shoe that started it all for me. That you can never go wrong with these. I had like 3 pair in my life time and need it tobe 4

i guess its all about popularity pinkjordansrule. they came out in 1987. then in 1990 they came out again as "air trainer high classics" and in thecatalog were noted as "the originial cross training shoe. brought back by popular demand". So popular then, they also came out in 1993. then a breakfor 7 years. 2000 then a 2002 euro/asia release and again 2008 euro/asia.

quick breakdown:
*as far as I know.

The twos probably werent very popular considering the threes came out later, had retros done of them in 1998-2000 and still have retro colorways coming out.

Did anyone cop this shoe when it came in the low form a few years ago? Does anyone have any info on that low release? I like these mids so much I am thinkingabout getting the lows. Do they have the same crate style footbed?

I remember the lows sitting at my outlet for like 8 months. I wanted em but we never got my size. I don't think they had the same footbed, but don'tquote me on that.....

heres some shots from ebay of the 2004 lows:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280212203099
great shots here as well:
http://www.halfclub.com/Shopping/Detail.asp?wcid=B02&PrstCd=308873-001&ColorCd=ZZ9

This was their flagship OG colorway retro. came out mid 2004. i got my few pairs way below retail. Maybe alittle too simple in color blocking. But i get morecompliments with those than any other shoe I own. so go figure. sneakerheads think they need to wear bright and loud colors to get noticed but normal folksappreciate a greatly executed product.

best thing of all about these is that the midsole paint doesnt chip like their other counterpart. Execution was perfect with its mesh/cotton tongue andsockliner. light sturdy shoe with soft white leather toebox and accents and not to mention the suede. Highly underrated

They also released 5-6 other colors... all pretty basic in color as well:

titled as a premium release. sable green with black and dark grey leather/suede.
IMG_0015.jpg

310096002%20gallery.JPG

0050010001692.jpg

TRAINER1DARKGREY.JPG

throw in another white based shoe with a red swoosh and navy blue forefoot strap area.

apparently a sample:
air-trainer-1-nd-sable-main.gif

Most of these other LS type releases failed miserably. almost not worth mentioning.

Back
Top Bottom