Air Zoom Tennis Trainer Retro: Hybrid Esque of Trainer 1's and 2's Pics* Update: Hitting retail now

So black based CW is confirmed?
Thanks!
Since I have 2004 ZTs, I'll be happy to get those "updated" trainers in a diferent color.

just got mine from nike.com and all i can say is WOW great shoe at a great price..i paid $64 with the 25% off code.
these are a must cop for everyone. you will regret it if u dont pick these up!!!!

definitely nice shoe...
pretty comfortable too
just tried them on when i went to pick up another pegasus 83
i kind of wish that they made the swoosh a little bigger tho
nonetheless these will be picked up

ordered 2 pairs, can't wait. Been looking a long time to replace my Oscillates as my everyday shoe.

IMO, being an actually tennis player, I would not use the ZT's for tennis especially when I tend to drag my toes alot..

AT1 > ZT

^ That was my initial concern too as I also tend to drag my toe... but according to some dude on TT, the durability (around the toe area as well) has beenpretty good after a few hours of play thus far... I'm gonna wait for more feedback from him... so we'll just have to wait and see...

Have you been playing in your AT1's? Other than the 2000 AT1's, the rest are more "Sport Culture" while these ZT's are at leastconsidered to be "performance shoes"... I'm tempted to go test my pair, but they look so clean and pristine right now
laugh.gif

im willing to test my beatup 2000s for durability and performance, if that would even be a logical test to do. i know many people are wondering how the 87scompare to the 2008 zt1 from that tenis forum.. talk about some old dudes lol. i was two.

the toughest part of that test is that 21 years ago, those guys were in their 20s playing with that older technology. fast forward to now and they are in their40s playing with newer technology. they may very well remember how the 1987s felt and think the 2008s are compriable, not realizing the younger they were, themore resilliant their feet were. Best test would be a young guy to play iin each shoe, right now in 2008.

^ lol, you saw that post too? I was gonna refer him to you
laugh.gif
... but seriously, not all those guys over there are sneaker heads... so to him, the onlyAT1's he knows were the ones from 87.... chances are he doesn't even know that they were retroed... of course, I could be wrong and that he reallymeant the 87's... so like I mentioned before, the only 'fair' comparison might be 2000 AT1 vs. 2008 ZTT

Oh yé........ que c'est beau les amis.....

One question : do anyone know why they replace on the tongue the beautiful face of Mac by 'zoom trainer' ?

It seems to be a nice price for a great looking and comfortable shoe.

I have the original Air Zoom Trainer 1 in black color, sample version, with the left shoe made in China and the right one made in Korea.
Very comfortable for playing tennis !!

gonna go to a local spot and try these on tomorrow
shoes look good but gotta see how comfotable they are before i cop

just got my 2 pairs in, dare i say shoe of the year?

performance is superb, great fit, excellent cushioning. i didn't get a chance to get the first release, but these are nuts.

"shoe of the year"?
laugh.gif
well I dunno about that... a lot of guys might disagree... for me, its in the top 5...
wink.gif

but definately most 'underated' shoe of the year... I think these went way under the radar... very comfortable... and IMO, even more comfy than my'08 AT1's...

its a damn shame, really... this was supposed to be the huge follow-up to Tinker's landmark AT1... but instead it flopped in 2004 and now, being priced at$80, its considered to be more of a second-tier shoe... but at $80, its a helluva deal...

^^good shoe, I was kinda disappointed when I received them. That white pleather upper is just horrible. Like something you find on a $40 pair of shoes. Iwon't be surprised when they start cracking.

Originally Posted by SoleAddict34

... That white pleather upper is just horrible. ... I won't be surprised when they start cracking.

So, they're not so different from 2004 ZTs, isn't?
Besides, design is way out worst!

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Available in black as well...

According to SneakerNews...

"This simple clean model is sure to be noticed by the trademark picture of 'Mac' on the tongue but what sets this retro apart from others is that comfort is a priority and yes you can play in these. Expect these around October with the other two previous colorways releasing in July, all with an $80 price tag."

black-tennis-trainers.jpg

Taken from this post.

Not feeling this CW as much, but still nice.
I have been wearing my pair for the last 2 days, very nice

sole addict, did you have the 04s? im wondering if its the same white leather. i dont remember what good leather is supposed to look like after all these yearsof nike using varieties. but my 04 pair has over 50 casual and gym wears in about 3 years time and they arent cracking. the toeboxes have become creased,almost giving that appearance of a cracked look.. call me a cheapskate but i still havent gotten these new ones. im waiting for some more reviews so yourinsights are helpful

I personally don't this the leather is all that crappy. I mean it's not the best out there but for $80 you can't really complain.

Here's a close up of the leather on the toe box after being worn 3X casually

2654432703_b6688908b1.jpg

Bonus shot of them being worn

2643848153_34434de38e.jpg

Will try to pick these up next paycheck..i like the way they look..and i'll prolly use 'em when i'm workin out..i don't play tennis never haveeither..

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

sole addict, did you have the 04s? im wondering if its the same white leather. i dont remember what good leather is supposed to look like after all these years of nike using varieties. but my 04 pair has over 50 casual and gym wears in about 3 years time and they arent cracking. the toeboxes have become creased, almost giving that appearance of a cracked look.. call me a cheapskate but i still havent gotten these new ones. im waiting for some more reviews so your insights are helpful

No, unfortunately I don't have the '04s. Just comparing them to this pic
4ea35674e3b5d7f9da595d6aa5ba08339eb9129.jpg

These look to have actual leather on them. Yeah, the pleather on these may not crease(I personally don't mind creasing if its real leather), but I'dprefer at least a softer material that flexes better. Wore them to the gym yesterday, they're fairly comfortable, felt kind of stiff, but hopefully theybreak in after a few more wears. Anyways, just me griping, they do look good at least
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom