Air Zoom Tennis Trainer Retro: Hybrid Esque of Trainer 1's and 2's Pics* Update: Hitting retail now

how do these run??? i wear a size 12 in zoom bb's and jordan xx3s, but 13 in nike running shoes. do they fit small like the running shoes?? thanks.

Originally Posted by cincybcats22

These do NOT have Mac on the tongue.

Dont get your hopes up.

Still very comfy, we got them in this week.

EDIT: Wally do you need a pair? I know you are a trainer head, and I would help you out if youre interested.

Why did they take off the McEnroe image?

thanks for the photos cincy. one of the designers of the zoom trainer said the zt1 04 had a seamless booty construction on the inside. according to your photoits out. unless its there and its just a bad angled shot. heres what im looking for/at. the tongue is attached to a portion of the shoe. its an elastic sort ofmaterial:

ceb352b24b77635fc019c440b8793f5589f4566.pjpg
cb73523245ae62b7c1e8cd0fbd39a68b81a9518.pjpg

8651514261c0c0bc2f8c054cdedcc770fbcfe92.pjpg

further down the inside. it has that sock within a sock vibe
2en2ao9.jpg

that really added a bit of comfort that $30 bucks less may not make it totally worth it

^ Wally, I fully expect some corners to have been cut on this '08 version. I mean, this is Nike we're talking about. They are a business, first andforemost, so losing money is not an option. And when was the last time they lowered the price of a retro and kept the same quality? Usually the exact oppositehappens.

All that said, I'm still buying these based off the fact that they're 80 bones AND I've been beasting for a pair ever since I ignorantly returned apair to the outlets in '05.

Wally I will take more pictures of the inside of the shoe tomorrow.

I believe the booty is gone on the 08 pair from my memory.

wow, I've heard about the 'inner booty' design, but have never seen it... looks pretty intricate with the seamless design and all... and assumingthat they're using zoom units in the forefoot as well as the heel, then this is certainly one part where they can cut down the costs in making these... hadit been a part of the 08 shoe, Nike would have mentioned it in their shoe description...

It looks like 3 differrent sites are all claiming forefoot and heel zoom
-ndc
-tennis-warehouse
-midwestsports

It think would qualify this as the lowest price shoe to ever have forefoot and heel zoom

there up on nike.com now,many sizes i just copped an 11.5 and bought some stabs to.used the 25% coupon also.got em both for $136

Appearance wise, I like the previous ones better. Did they also do away with the "sueded" grey parts? I guess now that it's a tennis trainerthey have to put a more durable toe cover to help protect against toe drag.

damn.. i love me some booty. it actually doesnt appear to be that bad. that seamless booty has only one distinct advantage. the tongue never messes up on you.one disadvtange is that you have double layer mesh in there making it hotter. nike chose the lader.

im still stumped at that too cjb23 re: the air properties in this new shoe. not enough to rip open a pair of new shoes to find out, but its just interesting.You move to an entire outsole thats more durable. a grey toe drag durable material, keep almost everything the same, and its $30 less. for $30 less, youactually appear to gain while saving money. somethings not adding up.

ill have my pair wednesday. guess ill find out then

would you be able to feel the zoom under your forefoot? I dunno if I can, since I don't think I have any kicks with zoom air in the forefoot...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SinnerP

would you be able to feel the zoom under your forefoot? I dunno if I can, since I don't think I have any kicks with zoom air in the forefoot...
laugh.gif

Zoom Air is EASILY detected. I just tried on a pair of the LBJ V joints at a Nike outlet on Friday and you can instantly feel the Zoom Air. Maybe it wasbecause I was rockin' a pair of Stabs though, which feature no great forefoot air.

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Zoom Air is EASILY detected. I just tried on a pair of the LBJ V joints at a Nike outlet on Friday and you can instantly feel the Zoom Air. Maybe it was because I was rockin' a pair of Stabs though, which feature no great forefoot air.
Gotcha... well, mine should be on their way so hopefully I'll get the chance to find out... unless Nike's lying to all of us and using a foamforefoot...
frown.gif

yeah, I wouldn't mind finding a pair of the originals... especially with Tinker's blueprints included...

GROUP2.JPG

CabDv got their first size run in with 23 more pairs on the way, more pics at http://CabDv.blogspot.com Retail+Shipping as always these feel amazing! and the zoom in built into the midsole, not cheap sockliner zoom. Give them a call if you'd like to do a phone order, 610-955-4472 or email [email protected]

You can definitely feel the zoomair in the forefoot. These feel great, and the price is much better than it has been in the past. Only thing I don'tlike is the look in the quality of the strap. Otherwise, very pleased with the release.

I got mine the other day along with those Air Max '90 Currents - Now I'm regreting not picking up a secong pair of these instead.

2626009817_fa26df61ae_o.jpg

Originally Posted by battleground03

I got mine the other day along with those Air Max '90 Currents - Now I'm regreting not picking up a secong pair of these instead.

idk, depends what you use them for. i wore the AM90 Currents to the gym today to do cardio, and dare i say, they were more comfortable than my Spiridons toworkout in.

whats the scoop on these guys? i have yet to dive in on these retros waiting on word from various sources about its performance. If I hear some negativeremarks, i may have to look directly at the new construction because to be quite honest, the 04s were and are a dream to wear and perform in. from basketballto racquetball, the indoor games and activities need only one shoe, in that zt1.

Back
Top Bottom