AJ XV Billie Sept 30, 2021

I predictably wound up missing out, which is just the state of artificially rare sneakers these days, but I hope everyone here had better luck and will enjoy the shoes.

XV's have always creased weird like that, especially with the laces tight. It's one big reason the worn pairs looked extra bad. It's got a lot to do with with that weird straight angle the laces are in.
As someone who made the mistake of actually playing in the original Jordan XV, I can confirm that this is indeed the case, and not a result of the vegan leather.

I would’ve preferred that they use an all fabric upper, either like the Olive PSNYs or in a totally different direction, to clearly differentiate this product as non-leather/vegan, help them wear less harshly, and for the sake of the environment.

It’s worth noting that there is more than just one type of vegan leather. Companies have begun making sustainable leather alternatives out of pineapple, mycelium, and cacti, among other materials.

(We actually used pineapple leather in some NT cap samples at one point, and Nike itself has used the material for accents on the recently released cork AF1.)

These, however, seem to use a more conventional synthetic leather, not unlike the type Nike’s been using for decades now, which is derived from petroleum.

Iron it out baby
Ironically, this particular problem occurs because the XV was seemingly lasted around an iron, as opposed to a shape resembling the human foot.

1635537608956.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom