AJ XXX (30)

The only ones i consider straight garbage are the fencing ones (sleeker shape woulda helped that out ALOT)

The ones with the hole.

And the 27s i guess theyd be.
Look like a outlet team jordan.

The rest are either aite...good...and great.

I like the 1st cw of 18s.

And the 19 has grown on me over time.
Just the black red ones tho.

The suede upper made the 18 look awesome, especially when wearing them casually. The other white based smooth leather colorways looked fresh when they were out of the box but look awful when having massive creasings after intensive wearing.

Not if you are using it for basketball.
why? they perform just fine. despite what JB wants you to believe, the shoe doesn't have to be a one piece cheap synthetic fiber upper with a fancy name and an icy sole to perform well on court.

Last edited:

why? they perform just fine. despite what JB wants you to believe, the shoe doesn't have to be a one piece cheap a** synthetic fiber upper with a fancy name and an icy sole to perform well on court.
Have you played in the 28's or 29's?  If you actually think the performance of those two is the same as a team jordan shoe from 2000 then you are god damn crazy.

The unlocked zoom alone is better than anything that came out of the 2000's.

@Anthracite8s

I agree that old models perform just fine, but the difference is the way that they are able to build a shoe with as little distraction as possible, something that you hardly think about when it's on your feet and your going full speed.  It's tweaking how well something moves with your foot from the sole up.  Not that you don't get that from old models, but it's just not the same 

BTW -- This is coming from a guy who loves hooping in everything from Flight 89s to the Jordan XX9

Last edited:
As a bigger guy cushioning/comfort is the most important aspect for me in a hoop shoe. I've balled in Air Jordans 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 11, 2011, 2012, XX8, and XX9. 

Maybe the old ones do perform "fine", but the newer ones definitely feel a hell of a lot better.

@Anthracite8s

I agree that old models perform just fine, but the difference is the way that they are able to build a shoe with as little distraction as possible, something that you hardly think about when it's on your feet and your going full speed.  It's tweaking how well something moves with your foot from the sole up.  Not that you don't get that from old models, but it's just not the same 

BTW -- This is coming from a guy who loves hooping in everything from Flight 89s to the Jordan XX9
Exactly.  With the flyweave upper you get something that conforms well to your foot, lightweight, provides great support, and gives you solid cushioning with the unlocked zoom.

I've played in about every Jordan signature shoe out there and the XX8 and XX9 are incredible for basketball.  People may not like the way they look, but they are great for the purpose they are intended for.

Usually to get really good cushioning you get something that is heavy as hell.  For instance, the Lebron IV's were amazing for cushioning they provided but they felt like a damn brick on my feet.  I get the same level of support with the XX8's and XX9's without the extra added weight.

Last edited:
wait..

Hatfield suggests that the next two sneakers in the line will look similar to the Air Jordan XXX.

"In many ways, [the Air Jordan XXX] is inspiring the 31. And the 31 is then inspiring the 32. We're already into wear-testing on a lot of those things."

Read more: http://*************.com/news/air-jordan-31-tinker-hatfield/#ixzz3y0WnZ8AW

so he just going to keep tweaking the 29? Jordan sig basically doing what the Kobe line does and do slight modifications every year?

JB is going to make sure they maximize thier profit on the 29 technology all the way through the Jordan 32 model year. Solid business strategy looking at it from thier side of the desk

Last edited:

wait..

Hatfield suggests that the next two sneakers in the line will look similar to the Air Jordan XXX.

"In many ways, [the Air Jordan XXX] is inspiring the 31. And the 31 is then inspiring the 32. We're already into wear-testing on a lot of those things."

Read more: http://*************.com/news/air-jordan-31-tinker-hatfield/#ixzz3y0WnZ8AW

so he just going to keep tweaking the 29? Jordan sig basically doing what the Kobe line does and do slight modifications every year?
The 29 was really a tweak of the 28 SE so I am assuming they are meaning the the technology behind it.

Back
Top Bottom