AJ XXX (30)

i just jumped up and blocked the ball
and when i landed, i felt a shot in my knee
although it happened one week ago, i feel alot better now
thank god

Am glad that the pain is gone. Though Consulting a doctor to examine your knee isnt a bad idea to be sure.

I think you might have stretched your legs too much when the impact happend. I remember i did some pull ups on a bar and i landed on the floor with straight legs. Despite i wore the Air Max CW which had the best cushioning units back in 1995, i felt a painful shock on my knees and back because. I was 16 and i didnt know that your knees must be always ankled to absorb the impact properly.
I played with my xx9 multiple times and did not have any pain.

i just jumped up and blocked the ball

and when i landed, i felt a shot in my knee

although it happened one week ago, i feel alot better now

thank god
I found the sole on these to be very firm (and a little wobbly). I would not recommend them for someone with knee problems. I highly recommend Adidas Drose 6. 

mine just came in today. you can def feel the cushion in the back pressing on your achilles so i had to change the insole. def feels a lot better

There isn't a "bleed" issue with the shoe. The uppers are made from a knit material which absorbs and pulls moisture away from the foot (rather than repel it).  They soak up like sponges.  If the shoe is white, and colored socks are worn underneath, dye transfer will happen. The socks themselves shouldn't be leaking material. Thats the source of the issue. 

percy. percy. said he's had those socks for awhile though so through multiple wash cycles and drys, the dye from the socks should have been eliminated. I don't think the socks are the main culprit here. I'm sure this is just bad product testing or lack thereof. I'm sure they didn't have "time" to test the material of the upper on the XXX.

There isn't a "bleed" issue with the shoe. The uppers are made from a knit material which absorbs and pulls moisture away from the foot (rather than repel it).  They soak up like sponges.  If the shoe is white, and colored socks are worn underneath, dye transfer will happen. The socks themselves shouldn't be leaking material. Thats the source of the issue. 

percy. percy. said he's had those socks for awhile though so through multiple wash cycles and drys, the dye from the socks should have been eliminated. I don't think the socks are the main culprit here. I'm sure this is just bad product testing or lack thereof. I'm sure they didn't have "time" to test the material of the upper on the XXX.

How do you know he's washing his socks though? He only stated he had them for a while. :nerd:

The socks were making his feet sweat and the moisture from his feet made the socks bleed through the upper

The socks were making his feet sweat and the moisture from his feet made the socks bleed through the upper

But that's just it, if he's owned the socks for some time, the dyes from them would be eliminated. Otherwise, this is the only reported issue that I've seen as of now.

But that's just it, if he's owned the socks for some time, the dyes from them would be eliminated. Otherwise, this is the only reported issue that I've seen as of now.

A red Elite sock, met with compression, friction, heat, salt/sweat, will release dye. There's no way around it and it's a known issue:

View media item 1918720
Every breathable Knit fabric sneaker will "absorb" whatever liquids are under with and push them through the top. In fact, this also happens with real leather also. If you wear dress shoes you will find that sometimes sweat/salt stains end up on the outside of the upper. The liquids push through breathable natural materials.

The Jordan's did not generate red ink on their own. The upper is doing what it supposed to do. The glove like fit may cause it to absorb more water, but the root cause is still the same. A bleeding sock.

Op can put the kicks in the washer, and wear white grey or black socks from now on. Problem solved.

Easy voucher on that bleeding

How in the world is this worthy of a product voucher? This does not affect form, fit, or function. Oh wow, I spilled ketchup on my new air Jordans, now they're stained.

It's actions like this that ruin the system for everybody.

Last edited:
I don't understand what the issue is. He's using them to actually play basketball, which is a rare thing these days, bravo. What's the problem with a little red staining when the shoes will get stepped on and worn down from normal play?

At the end of the day for 200 bucks and some of the "latest and greatest materials" used on the shoe it shouldn't be doing that.  

Every light colored breathable knit fabric sneaker in the world, regardless of brand, or price, will absorb water and get stained if that water has color. Which is the point I made earlier in the thread (scroll up).

Last edited:
it would've been nice if they went back to the square toe box like the xvi. the toe cap not only would've been better for the feet, but i think the like design would've laid out better ascetically. i really wish they made a 13.5 in this model since a 13 is too tight and the 14 is a little long.

Just got my pair in....Damn, these things are TIGHT...I went true to size and they are really snug and kind of crushing my foot. Kind of wished i went up a half size up. The most disappointing part was that one of my laces was missing the metal tip. Thats freaking ridiculous. For a flagship jordan to have crappy QC. I contacted nike and all I was able to get was 15% promo code for my next order. Oh well...At least I can get a discount on the black Jordan XXX whenever they release.

Yeah I'm probably gonna return my pair. Wanted to try them out for 30 days to see if I like them but I'm developing a blister on my right big toe and they don't feel as comfortable to me as the xx9's. The whole sock dye bleeding on to my shoe wasn't that much of a deal breaker since I use them to hoop in anyway.

Just tried mine. Great traction and comfort but gotta admit a little stiff Which made me feel a little less spry than usual. Definitely a snugger fit than the 29. Overall, great shoe

How in the world is this worthy of a product voucher? This does not affect form, fit, or function. Oh wow, I spilled ketchup on my new air Jordans, now they're stained.

It's actions like this that ruin the system for everybody.

Call me nuts but I don't think it's right if you can't wear a pair of nike basketball socks with Nike basketball shoes with out having the color of the fabric destroyed while playing

Last edited:
Call me nuts but I don't think it's right if you can't wear a pair of nike basketball socks with Nike basketball shoes with out having the color of the fabric destroyed while playing

I think your point is right. Those socks are hilarious. They should refund the damage caused to the Jordans. Of the consumer lives in the states maybe he should go to court and sue nike. Im sure the 12 jurors would support the claimer. I mean even the woman who burnt her lips with a cup of McDonalds coffee won the case, claiming there was no warning that the coffee could be hot :smile:

Yeah I think mine are going back. I might just have to half size up, and I absolutely hate doing that. I like everything in my closet being the same size 9. OCD problems

Back
Top Bottom