AJ XXX (30)

I was gonna pass on the XXX's but i have a soft spot for red kicks. when i unlocked a rewards at finishline i finally decided to jump on em. i also have been trying to get a few slides for the summer. so a lot of black and red showed up in the last couple days. the 29 mids fit me great but the 29 lows are kinda tight. with people saying xxx fit tight like the 29 lows i went a size up and i am glad i did. i'll take a small bit of room in the toe to be comfortable width wise with wide feet.

Last edited:
Wow this thread is dead.

Just copped a pair of release colorway XXX (first color) for 109.99 from DTLR. Glad I held out when I saw them there for 130 a month ago. Wonder if they'll go any lower... doubt it.

Wow this thread is dead.

Just copped a pair of release colorway XXX (first color) for 109.99 from DTLR. Glad I held out when I saw them there for 130 a month ago. Wonder if they'll go any lower... doubt it.
Niceeeeee

I had a second pair of the launch cw for about 170 that I returned.  I actually thought that cw might dry up so I jumped at them.  Glad I returned...

its not dead yet! Im here looking to double up on pairs before they stop production for the 30! Theres a few devoted fans here, makes it easier to get my hands on colors for the low

After I saw the JBC pairs I can't look at the retail XXX's with the same level of interest.  

JB did us super dirty with the XXX colorways...Westy's ASG's not dropping, JBC exclusives, and now Cosmos a Euro Quai release... 
frown.gif

It wasn't a performance beast like I had hoped it would be, that was its main appeal to me.

First two colorways are really nice. For me, they dropped off after that. Also, they changed the look of the toe piece after the first two. They didn't have the cool glittery/shiny effect and hidden Jumpman.

However, it didn't leap over the XX9 by any means, so I can see why people weren't/aren't too excited for them

I got the all black ones for Father's Day, they came out to 173. I haven't played in them as yet, but I thoroughly look forward to it. I think that the appeal of these to me are that they are not overly flashy, but I've been hearing good things about their performance on court.

Why isn't it? im not disagreeing just wanna hear your thoughts?
Yeah no worries, here's what I think:

This is all in comparison to the 29 btw

1) The upper is definitely not as comfortable. It's more stiff and I really liked how flexible the 29 was (but not too flexible to the point where it lacked support, it was just right)

2) The shoe is bulkier and heavier. The heel was causing me a little pain and in general felt super uncomfortable.

3) I know the cushioning setup is supposed to be the same, but for some reason it felt like I was standing on concrete as opposed to the amazing step in comfort I had with the 29's.

4) After playing in them a few times, I had blisters and my feet were sore/numb. I never had any of these issues with the 29.

I wanted to like them so much that I thought maybe it was a defective pair I had, so I returned them and bought a different pair.. nothing changed.

Overall, the only upgrade in my opinion from the 29 to the 30 was its aesthetic appeal, I agree that it looks better than the 29. But for me, this shoe was strictly for hooping and it missed the mark from that perspective.

Obviously this is all personal opinion. Everyone has different feet/playing styles and hopefully I'm not rustling any jimmies in this thread. Just giving my take on it. 

^I appreciate anyone's take, reps for that -- I have definitely had instances where shoes have worked well for me and not for others (and vice versa).  I do think JB dropped the ball on the heel-padding/pillows and were really sloppy with that in the XXXs.  The main thing I'm surprised to hear that you mentioned though, is that the XXX feels like concrete -- I think the heel compression for one is much improved since they removed those TPU plates that were on the heels of the XX9.  I felt the forefoot zoom to be about equal as well.  Experiences will definitely vary from one to another and I respect that.

^I appreciate anyone's take, reps for that -- I have definitely had instances where shoes have worked well for me and not for others (and vice versa).  I do think JB dropped the ball on the heel-padding/pillows and were really sloppy with that in the XXXs.  The main thing I'm surprised to hear that you mentioned though, is that the XXX feels like concrete -- I think the heel compression for one is much improved since they removed those TPU plates that were on the heels of the XX9.  I felt the forefoot zoom to be about equal as well.  Experiences will definitely vary from one to another and I respect that.
Co-sign on the heel cushion of the 30 being better than the 29. I hated the 29 because I felt the heel cushion was inadequate and that almost kept me from getting the 30. However the 30 was much improved in the heel cushion department.

My only gripe was the sticky insole, made putting on the shoes in a hurry almost impossible. Have to damn near unlace the whole shoe to get in without bunching up my socks and or spraining a toe. Not a big problem tho

Last edited:
I thought I could get through the Achilles padding pain...But I just couldn't. For reference, mine would have been used strictly for hooping, but just wearing them around the house caused me such incredible discomfort I couldn't even take them to the gym last night. I tried pushing, stretching, and pulling the padding to no avail. Also my foot felt numb. I'm wondering if I should just try them on again and see if there's any difference but I think I'm just trying to sike myself out of reality. I'm totally frustrated and disappointed. Just got my pair yesterday and I'm going to be forced to return them. I know some people have complained of the same pain and others have said it hasn't bothered them in the slightest bit. Really bummed....

JS"

Well I appreciate your appreciation :tongue:

But yeah man, I have no idea why the cushioning is so uncomfortable for me. The lateral side of the forefoot zoom literally felt like I was standing on a bulgy rock. So weird. I really really wanted to like the shoe, but it just wasn't meant to be.

Looking forward to trying out the KD 9 next, been hearing good things.. hopefully they live up to expectations.

Well I appreciate your appreciation :tongue:

But yeah man, I have no idea why the cushioning is so uncomfortable for me. The lateral side of the forefoot zoom literally felt like I was standing on a bulgy rock. So weird. I really really wanted to like the shoe, but it just wasn't meant to be.

Looking forward to trying out the KD 9 next, been hearing good things.. hopefully they live up to expectations.
laugh.gif
 I suppose it's possible that I got lucky and the zoom unit was positioned better or something.  No clue though...

Yeah hearing lots of praise for the KD 9.  I'd love to give that huge zoom unit a shot -- I like how they put that flex point across the entire forefoot too

Back
Top Bottom