AJ XXX (30)

Just checked on finishline. Only thing that sucks is by the time you have to pay shipping and tax, you are damn near back at 200. I'm waitin till fall.

Is it in store as well? I'd try to use the price reduction with WC or military discount to cop the Black pair.

Last edited:

Yeah no worries, here's what I think:

This is all in comparison to the 29 btw

1) The upper is definitely not as comfortable. It's more stiff and I really liked how flexible the 29 was (but not too flexible to the point where it lacked support, it was just right)

2) The shoe is bulkier and heavier. The heel was causing me a little pain and in general felt super uncomfortable.

3) I know the cushioning setup is supposed to be the same, but for some reason it felt like I was standing on concrete as opposed to the amazing step in comfort I had with the 29's.

4) After playing in them a few times, I had blisters and my feet were sore/numb. I never had any of these issues with the 29.

I wanted to like them so much that I thought maybe it was a defective pair I had, so I returned them and bought a different pair.. nothing changed.

Overall, the only upgrade in my opinion from the 29 to the 30 was its aesthetic appeal, I agree that it looks better than the 29. But for me, this shoe was strictly for hooping and it missed the mark from that perspective.

Obviously this is all personal opinion. Everyone has different feet/playing styles and hopefully I'm not rustling any jimmies in this thread. Just giving my take on it. 
Cheers I thought they were great but don't have the 28 or 29 to compare too. I have zero comfort issues though except tightfitting at first but they broke in. Upper was defintely stiffer than flyknit Kobes which is my only other comparison really.

Just got the Nike email for 25% off clearance items. The UNC XXX is down to $119.99 with code ZOOM25. I'm on the fence for these. Love blue, but not happy that the blue doesn't fade like the launch color does. That bothers me for some reason. Not sure if I should just say heck with it and pick them up or try for the Quai54 pair somehow.

Yeah no worries, here's what I think:

This is all in comparison to the 29 btw

1) The upper is definitely not as comfortable. It's more stiff and I really liked how flexible the 29 was (but not too flexible to the point where it lacked support, it was just right)

2) The shoe is bulkier and heavier. The heel was causing me a little pain and in general felt super uncomfortable.

3) I know the cushioning setup is supposed to be the same, but for some reason it felt like I was standing on concrete as opposed to the amazing step in comfort I had with the 29's.

4) After playing in them a few times, I had blisters and my feet were sore/numb. I never had any of these issues with the 29.

I wanted to like them so much that I thought maybe it was a defective pair I had, so I returned them and bought a different pair.. nothing changed.

Overall, the only upgrade in my opinion from the 29 to the 30 was its aesthetic appeal, I agree that it looks better than the 29. But for me, this shoe was strictly for hooping and it missed the mark from that perspective.

Obviously this is all personal opinion. Everyone has different feet/playing styles and hopefully I'm not rustling any jimmies in this thread. Just giving my take on it. 

I had a similar experience... the forefoot was a hard ride, i was getting blisters on the balls of my foot and big toe. I played in mine 3 times, was gonna keep trying to break them in but literally was gonna get blisters if i kept trying so i returned em and moved on

Just got the Nike email for 25% off clearance items. The UNC XXX is down to $119.99 with code ZOOM25. I'm on the fence for these. Love blue, but not happy that the blue doesn't fade like the launch color does. That bothers me for some reason. Not sure if I should just say heck with it and pick them up or try for the Quai54 pair somehow.
I am in the same boat. I like this colorway more than the others. I almost pulled the trigger this morning, but to get these I told myself I gotta return my Chrome 8s I got from the outlet... I don't know what to do.

I am in the same boat. I like this colorway more than the others. I almost pulled the trigger this morning, but to get these I told myself I gotta return my Chrome 8s I got from the outlet... I don't know what to do.

I'd stick with the Chrome 8. It's already a classic and the sole won't yellow. :wink:

Good deal. Ashamed to pass. Waiting for black outs. Repped

Going to get these or the 29's lows, and the confetti 8's from the Nike+ app. Is there any preference in the XX9 lows and the XXX's? I'm mainly concerned about traction. The courts I play on are always dusty. I've heard mixed things about the heel padding, but I'm still playing in my 2009 USC Hyperize's, so it has to be more comfortable than that.

Going to get these or the 29's lows, and the confetti 8's from the Nike+ app. Is there any preference in the XX9 lows and the XXX's? I'm mainly concerned about traction. The courts I play on are always dusty. I've heard mixed things about the heel padding, but I'm still playing in my 2009 USC Hyperize's, so it has to be more comfortable than that.
Don't get 30s just dont.. 29 lows would be the better choice if you can get the mids much better traction than lows. Overall 29s top hooping shoes out right now 

im just patiently waiting on the red to go on sale and im done. I don't like how they fit but they look nice. I live by the 27's with the booties for ballin

Sorry I'm a little behind, but anyone have a release date on the q54? I have a few people over in Europe that can give me an assist so hoping I can score.

Back
Top Bottom