AJ XXX (30)

JB would have been better served to not say anything...keep releasing some 29 Westbrook PE's and lows...then drop a proper 30 when its ready. This is a waste of time and resources IMO to basically recycle the 29 just to say you put a Jordan out.

I think it's safe to assume the original plan was scrapped. From the changing of the Jordan xxx clothing from "XXX" hoodie to blackcat hoodie, and now we don't see any of that print at all on the shoe. Also the 2 version idea that one would be leather and one version a textile version. Seems like we won't be seeing that now.

I still can't believe they're using the same midsole/outsole setup. All I see that's different is one little divit on the medial side. The rest is identicle.
^This. Although, remember, they can still print that graphic across the XXX. From what I saw at retailers, the hoodie is still being sold as the 'XXX blackcat' hoodie. (Blackcat inspiration may account for the 3m on the toe) If they will further the stitching capabilities (unlike the GR XX9s..), this shoe can be special. Plus there's more in store with the FlightSpeed. The Zoom pod doesn't look as pronounced as the XX9 or even the Melo M12...
View media item 1860624

Last edited:
^This. Although, remember, they can still print that graphic across the XXX. From what I saw at retailers, the hoodie is still being sold as the 'XXX blackcat' hoodie. (Blackcat inspiration may account for the 3m on the toe) If they will further the stitching capabilities (unlike the GR XX9s..), this shoe can be special. Plus there's more in store with the FlightSpeed. The Zoom pod doesn't look as pronounced as the XX9 or even the Melo M12...
View media item 1860624

Exactly. The graphic needs to be a lot better on these than the XX9. Still disappointed with the few nice designs we got with the XX9.

At this point I'd rather take the samples MJ's son posted than what we're actually getting. 

The dude who took those XXX pics needs to jump off of a cliff Jumpman style. I'm so tired of garbage potato pics. If you're going to share the shoes, share good pictures for God's sake.

These definitely look like a 29.5/team shoe. Disappointing for sure with the tacky XXX logos and lack of design evolution.

Really hoped for improved forefoot zoom with heel zoom making a return. Looks like this is just the same XX9 setup, which is only okay for my needs. Dang.

The XX's represented the history of jb throughout the shoe while still pushing forward with design and tech. This XXX is nothing more than a rehashed 29 with a tacky XXX on the heel. What a difference 10 years can make. It's like they're not even trying anymore. :smh:

I think the shoe is clean.... It would be truly nieve to expect a "90s" shoe in 2016. The truth is this is where shoes are these days, ie. Kobes, Lebrons, KDs.... I think they are cool, jeans or sweats they work. No holes, straps, buckles, briefcases, extra towels, giant boxes, insoles, iron on patches, washable tattoos. Lol.

As others have inferred, it's pretty obvious what happened here.  They were planning something unique for the 30.  That either fell apart or otherwise got derailed or delayed, so they threw this 29.1 together to get something out (it's not even worthy of a 29.5!). OR, this is not the 30 and is a massively successful ruse!  Bottom line is that there's no way they planned for this to be the shoe to be the 30.

As others have inferred, it's pretty obvious what happened here.  They were planning something unique for the 30.  That either fell apart or otherwise got derailed or delayed, so they threw this 29.1 together to get something out (it's not even worthy of a 29.5!). OR, this is not the 30 and is a massively successful ruse!  Bottom line is that there's no way they planned for this to be the shoe to be the 30.
I wouldn't necessarily say that.  Look at the Kobe 11.  It is damn near the same shoe as the Kobe 9.  It's just Nike laziness passed on to the consumer in the form of higher costs and less creativity.  I wouldn't be surprises if these still run $225.

Maybe this will be like 1993. The VIII was released around All Star and then the IX came out in the Fall.

Hopefully we see the XXX1 in the Fall.

What don't people get these are the xx9 what you mean is you like this color way of the xx9. Which is labeled as the xxx

The upper doesn't look nothing like the 29.

I dont really like the 29.
The big jumpman was cool tho

Watever the **** these are they look good to me

Bad news if you can't find a way to make performance better along with design after 2 yrs and release the same shoe.

Show me the same performance and design.... I'll wait, you wore them already? Seen them in multiple colorways? Looks can be deceiving

Back
Top Bottom