AJ XXX (30)

Dont make excuses for this shoe. They had 2 years to work on a 30th anniversary shoe. JB pulls in tens of million of dollars minimum every weekend selling shoes. Their R&D lab should be well funded to produce appealing signatures every year. Nobody is a visonary at JB right now. Just a bunch of yes men that want to have access to shoes early so they can show off or drop vague hints on social media.

This
all outta reps

18.5 from white parts to grey.... 17 black collar and tongue... That's y they look old inspired by the past. Inspired I said Nt

JB needs a overhaul. If I was Michael Jordan I would shut down this line for a complete calendar year to rebuild and reorganize the brand. When JB releases literal crap like this to the public they are insulting the logic and intelligence of consumers. This brand is out of ideas and creativity.

Dont make excuses for this shoe. They had 2 years to work on a 30th anniversary shoe. JB pulls in tens of million of dollars minimum every weekend selling shoes. Their R&D lab should be well funded to produce appealing signatures every year. Nobody is a visonary at JB right now. Just a bunch of yes men that want to have access to shoes early so they can show off or drop vague hints on social media.

Had to quote it again. The sad thing is, there's little to no incentive for them to step their game up. Most consumers these days have very little standards and gobble up pretty much whatever Nike/JB throws at them. Look at the Kobe line, his shoe has been practically the same for 5-6 years with weak designs that depend on gimmick colors to sell them.

I don't think they added anything. Looks like all they did was wrap the midsole all around the heel, unlike the 29 which has that cut out section of the midsole at the rear heel.

Had to quote it again. The sad thing is, there's little to no incentive for them to step their game up. Most consumers these days have very little standards and gobble up pretty much whatever Nike/JB throws at them. Look at the Kobe line, his shoe has been practically the same for 5-6 years with weak designs that depend on gimmick colors to sell them.

Wear rebook or adidas

JB needs a overhaul. If I was Michael Jordan I would shut down this line for a complete calendar year to rebuild and reorganize the brand. When JB releases literal crap like this to the public they are insulting the logic and intelligence of consumers. This brand is out of ideas and creativity.

Well said ! Looks like the xx9 to me

lol some of y'all are overreacting. The line made 2 billion dollars last year so nothing needs to be shut down. Let's see what their reveal is about next week.
Right out the gates, these are the best looking Air Jordans in years. Keep it sleek but stylish. XX9s were nice, but too many 'whatever floats your boat -large/medium/small jumpman- versions running around.

Last edited:

Great post. The problem is Tinker who is arguable the best athletic footwear designer is hard to measure up to. He had a unique relationship with MJ and collaborated on design elements.

MJ has little to no influence and is collecting his royalty paychecks and trying to be a good NBA team owner.

A lot of times the best work from a business is in the early days when the management has something to prove and they take risks. Now that Nike is such a mature business, it's more about not being the guys to f*ck things up. That's what we're seeing now with the brand.

Lebron and his latest designer are about the best there is at Nike now, the designers latest shoe was conceived while he was at design school, and they took a chance on it.

Last edited:
18.5 from white parts to grey.... 17 black collar and tongue... That's y they look old inspired by the past. Inspired I said Nt

That's exactly what I've been thinking. A mix of 18.5, 17 and 29 and the jumpman logo on the bottom of the toe like the 12. Do you think we will get a leather based model as well ?

lol some of y'all are overreacting. The line made 2 billion dollars last year so nothing needs to be shut down. Let's see what their reveal is about next week.
Right out the gates, these are the best looking Air Jordans in years. Keep it sleek but stylish. XX9s were nice, but too many 'whatever floats your boat -large/medium/small jumpman- versions running around.

Shutting it down is a bit much, but would love for Jordan to push the design envelope like they used to with the signature line. They can have the best designer(s) in the game work on these, it's just not the signature line Nike wants to push anymore. The older generation wants to see it be what it was. The newer generation could care less, they've move onto their generational stars.

Its like they're designing them with ALOT of cws in mind y know.

Like the 28...29...30

Are basically a great "pallette" for a ridiculous amount of patterns/cws.

28 is a prime example of that.

And what's the price tag on these .5s? Is the 14th the release or just the unveil? I'll wait for the late outlet pickup if at all on these.

@ducktales how can you say the designers don't care when JB probably has the best cushioning system in FlightSpeed and most innovative way to create uppers in FlightWeave? Seriously what are y'all expecting?? This tech is still a baby compared to everything else on the market.

Last edited:

I agree with you about the lack of creativity used for the 30's, they literally had years to come up with a design and the copied off of the 29's. Not a good look or creative at all.

As far as shutting JB down that would be pointless. The Air Jordan was created to be the best basketball shoe technology wise each year Jordan played, the fact that many liked the design was a plus. Nike and Tinker were ahead of the curve and true sneaker design was new so everyone was wowed by their designs.

Fast forward thirty years later, we've probably seen it all. There's no wow factor to blow us away anymore. They can use different materials and color's but the truth is it probably won't be mind blowing.

I think many are stuck in the past when looking at the newest Jordan's. The new ones will never compare to the old ones because that time period is etched in our minds forever. People seem to forget that Jordan's 7-10 weren't the beloved models when they first came out, it was similar to now. You'd see them first, not like them but then they'd grow on you.

Listen to many of the people who played in or reviewed the 29's, many say it's one of the best basketball shoes ever. Apparently JB's doing something right.

Many are stuck in a nostalgic phase of Jordan's between 1-13, unfortunately you will never feel what you felt for the shoes for a newer shoe. That time has passed.

tbh they look decent here. I like them more than the 29 simply because there's at least something going on with the upper. not a whole lot but at least it's not a plain canvas with different logos/prints. that was so incredibly lazy imo. If I was able to refine this design... I would remove that stupid connector thing in the middle of the sole and just make it a flatter sole. It wouldn't be difficult and it wouldn't affect performance no matter what bs jb tries to feed you about it. Would also make the toe clean, remove that grey and jumpman if there is one. Lastly I would add a white jumpman under that little blue translucent looking tab on the side of the midsole so it's subtly visible. Oh and I would remove that allover checker/bball net print whatever the heck they're trying to do there. These would be dope then imo and I would have been fine with them reusing most of the 29 sole if they just extended the middle where the stupid connector is.  

@ducktales how can you say the designers don't care when JB probably has the best cushioning system in FlightSpeed and most innovative way to create uppers in FlightWeave? Seriously what are y'all expecting?? This tech is still a baby compared to everything else on the market.

In neither of my posts did I ever say the designers don't care. The context of the comments I was responding to where about the ascetics of the design primarily. The designs don't push the envelope in the manner they used to.

seeing this new side shot restored my faith in these. I'm starting to like them a lot but won't pay no where near retail.
if they have a black pair like these I'm definitely getting a pair. been wanting a pair of blk upper with white midsole on the xx9 forever and they just won't give.

If I had to base my opinion on these latest leaks, I would say underwhelming is putting it mildly. The three X's look horrible in the back. The fade looks tacky. It looks more of a team shoe than a signature shoe. Hopefully, the high quality pictures will show design aspects that aren't coming through or other color ways will look better but I really doubt it. The X's really need to be removed.

Back
Top Bottom