AJ XXX (30)

I wonder if it's hard for designers to create "revolutionary" shoes with these minimalist upper materials (flyknit, woven, etc.)?

Other than changing patterns, how many ways can you tweak something so form-fitting and still get consumers hyped up about it?

I guess you could compare it something like yoga pants. You expect me to still get excited about seeing a new pair of yoga pants when all you're doing is changing the color?? Oh wait... never mind..... bad analogy.

im going with africa
laugh.gif
roll.gif
It is Africa on one of the tongues

Guess its MJ's birthplace on the other(little blue dot) 
ohwell.gif

Some of you have forgotten that this is suppose to be a basketball performance shoe, not a lifestyle shoe.  It's made to wear on court, not to wear out.  

Embarrassing press conference. Tinker will eat those "I didnt have time" excuses. Its a damn shame what happened to this brand. When money is the motivation life, art and soul is usually absent and this model repesents that. Ugly colorway. Generic design. Uninspired creator.

JB is on its last legs. Nostalgia will only sell so many retros. They (retro 1234) sat in 90s because working adults with buying power then didnt identify with Jordan career and soon the next batch of thirty somethings wont either. They never done nothing creative to market the 15s-23s as next series of retro. They wasted so much time and now its going to be hard to sell these models that already had trouble selling when they were stacked against 1-14 retros in early-mid 2000s. JB outpaced and exhausted a catalog that could of had an infinite amount quality releases if they werent playing money grab every saturday.
Makes sense on surface, but remember Nike just DOUBLED their forecasts for JB revenue by 2020. That's a huge statement. If it were simply "nostalgia" income, the focus would be "let's maintain". But to say "we can double this, and we can double this in 4 years" ....??....Maybe retros are getting too much credit..

Last edited:
:rofl: It is Africa on one of the tongues
View media item 1869029

Guess its MJ's birthplace on the other(little blue dot) :\
View media item 1869031

Blue dot thing is strange. He grew up near wilmington but was def not born in NC.

Should we expect a red dot in chicago. Or X around the DC area. Carolina blue dot near chapel hell nc. This global/galaxy crap. MJ made it to 30th anniversary events all over the world but couldnt make it to the 30th shoe unveil. And that countdown.... Lolz. I was rollin

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5... 28 - 29 - uhh err 30?!?!?!?!?

Jordan Brand World Team 1
New line of team J's

Last edited:
Damn all this hate about the same sole. All of you have cars right. Its the same model every year for like 5 years then they switch it up. Everyone keeps buying those. I think the shoe is far better that last years in terms of design. Don't tell me you  waited for 2000 post to make your decision. Don't be a follower. Everyone is going to get them that's on here lets be real. Everyone just wants to add a joke or some bs just for attention. We all are going to let our friends know how cool these shoes are. Lets just be honest.

Man I know I need to throttle back a little, but $200 for these compared to some of the other ish that has been dropping for the same amount or more makes them tempting on release day w/ coupon...

Feels like a placeholder to me....nothing to get excited about. I mean if they can't get excited about the shoe, how can I? I've always felt strongly one way or another about the next flagship model, some have even grown on me....I can say I feel nothng about this shoe. I don't hate it or love it. It is just there.

My thoughts exactly. The body language presented throughout the presentation was just blah. They seemed uninspired about the whole thing.

Gotta love the fact that an Air Jordan 4 based on 1989 technology is ONLY $10 cheaper than these revolutionary new 2016 vin diesel shoes.

Back
Top Bottom