AJ XXX (30)

Considering how recent that tinker sketch-date is, the 'black cat xxx' JB ish from late '15 and the overall lack of inspiration, it def seems as though the real XXX were 86'd ...another 'Lebron 6/Zoom Power' type deal :smh:

..seein heads comparing em to the 17s but I'm also gettin a Uni Blue AJ IX feel w/the lacing, globe branding n the colour blocking ...shrugs...

This is just my opinion, but if people are disappointed that these can not be worn casually then that's on them. Anything after the 23 shouldn't be rocked casually, some models can be, but that isn't what the intent of the shoe is. But hey, to each their own.

That's the issue, all Air Jordan's were made to be "Performance" basketball shoes. People just happened to like the way they looked. Now most forgot what the shoes were for and no longer like the way they look. Like you said, that's on them.

Wait these are 200 and retros with NA are 220, something just seems wrong with that.
They are OK I guess but I stopped caring about the new J's after the XX3's anyway.

Last edited:
Wait these are 200 and retros with NA are 220, something just seems wrong with that.
They are OK I guess but I stopped caring a out the new J's after the XX3's anyway.

Something is always wrong with these high retro prices doe

MSRP: $200
What I'm payin: $119.99 w/ free shipping
Me too. [emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji]
Hopefully i can join ya'll cool cats 
nerd.gif

To once and for all put the conspiracy theories to the rest::::::::..(or not..)
Sneakernews.com
I mean... we knew they were gonna say that. There's still no reason they couldn't have changed it at all cosmetically and still kept the so called perfect performance aspect.

Something is always wrong with these high retro prices doe

def, they been gassing the retro pricing the last few years n a $200 msrp for their sig shoe really, undeniably exposes that

..n I gotta wonder if that printed toe tech. will avoid cracking

def, they been gassing the retro pricing the last few years n a $200 msrp for their sig shoe really, undeniably exposes that

..n I gotta wonder if that printed toe tech. will avoid cracking
They say it's abrasion-resistant, so I doubt those will crack.

there IS something wrong with the retail price tho 
laugh.gif

Did he say in the video that the toe was 3D printed?  I must have missed that.  If not, I highly doubt it, as 3D printing is still expensive.  Probably just some plastic mold that was punched out and fused on....

I wish we could be able to ID these shoes the PS that @jayzrdead did were superdope especially that white red pair. The last time they gave us this option was the trash bag 27 wingtip joints. :x

Last edited:
I have to be honest, I am thoroughly surprised.  
happy.gif
  These will probably be my first Air Jordan pick up in about a year or two.  

These are actually really nice. This is the best of the last three shoes and I think the culmination of what they've been trying to do with flight plate and seamless upper and all that. The basketball looking net thing on the back is the only meh part, but it's acceptable. The price is great for a modern ultra tech shoe and there can definitely be some good colorways that come of this. All in all very impressed.

I'm curious how many that are complaining have actually played ball in the XX9?

Yea, it's a little disappointing they didn't create a new midsole, but it's not a deal breaker as a performance shoe. The XX9 midsole is the best setup I've ever played ball in myself. Other than the giant jumpman on the toe box the overall shoe doesn't look bad at all infact the silhouette actually looks better than the xx9.

Based on what Tinker said that he only started the design process Feb 2015 that doesn't leave them a lot of time. The real story might be and probably is because they scrapped the original XXX design they were already working on for whatever reasons.

The release CW is a maybe for me. Don't like playing in white shoes that gets dirty easy. Would love to have a black upper with the white midsole, but with out the shiny toe box.

Back
Top Bottom