AJ XXX (30)

To once and for all put the conspiracy theories to the rest::::::::..(or not..)
""The reason for this midsole reprising its role is that Russell Westbrook and Jordan Brand’s other key athletes didn’t want it to change at all, and the Flight Plate technology on the XX9 was in fact widely lauded as one of the best cushioning designs ever and shelving it already might’ve been somewhat of a waste"".
Sneakernews.com

Sweet baby jesus.

Take my money.

Top 5 jordan.

Facts.
Wow.... very nice! We are walkin around in 20 yr old patent leather basketball shoes waiting for another colorway to come back again! Well, I'm moving on to the new! These are great.

Embarrassing press conference. Tinker will eat those "I didnt have time" excuses. Its a damn shame what happened to this brand. When money is the motivation life, art and soul is usually absent and this model repesents that. Ugly colorway. Generic design. Uninspired creator.

JB is on its last legs. Nostalgia will only sell so many retros. They (retro 1234) sat in 90s because working adults with buying power then didnt identify with Jordan career and soon the next batch of thirty somethings wont either. They never done nothing creative to market the 15s-23s as next series of retro. They wasted so much time and now its going to be hard to sell these models that already had trouble selling when they were stacked against 1-14 retros in early-mid 2000s. JB outpaced and exhausted a catalog that could of had an infinite amount quality releases if they werent playing money grab every saturday.
Young kids born AFTER he retired for the SECOND time are wearing retro Jordans and they have no idea why other than MJ = GOAT. They're good.

Some of you have forgotten that this is suppose to be a basketball performance shoe, not a lifestyle shoe.  It's made to wear on court, not to wear out.  
We can't have both?

Not my pic
BANG
showing these here first
MAN. These are fire. I'm really getting a feel for these. Feel like it has a lot to do with the collar. Like someone mentioned, most casual shoe since the 14. The silhouette is a lot sleeker than the 29. If they do these colorways right, I'm in. Immediately in.

Young kids born AFTER he retired for the SECOND time are wearing retro Jordans and they have no idea why other than MJ = GOAT. They're good.

Agree. Nostalgia is why I started buying retro Jordans (and other retro Nikes) in the late 90s/early 2000s. I haven't bought a pair of retro Js in probably five years, yet they seem to keep coming out at a higher rate with higher prices. So, I think they're well past the point where nostalgia is driving sales. Jordans get bought now because they're Jordans. They are a thing unto themselves.

Agree. Nostalgia is why I started buying retro Jordans (and other retro Nikes) in the late 90s/early 2000s. I haven't bought a pair of retro Js in probably five years, yet they seem to keep coming out at a higher rate with higher prices. So, I think they're well past the point where nostalgia is driving sales. Jordans get bought now because they're Jordans. They are a thing unto themselves.
I agree 100 percent! I will definitely cop these. Young kids will never know the feeling of getting the "new" Js for the year and people casually looking down at your feet hatin but secretly diggin them, then buying them for themselves. The XIs and Xs were like that where I lived...

My thoughts about the XXX...

I'd be willing to bet that the designers started working on the XXX shortly after or right before the release of the XX9, but a few things happened that caused them to scrap the original ideas and bring Tinker in. My guesses would be, the changes they were trying to make to the early versions weren't performing well AND/OR MJ didn't like the direction. From there they probably tried to refine the design more and at the same time the XX9 is becoming a hit on the court as far as performance. So you have two things happening, they aren't getting anywhere with the new design and time is starting to tick for final design or a good wear/test grade. So somewhere along the line someone (maybe Tinker after MJ asked him to step in) said "we have this great tech going with the XX9 and it's being received/performing well, lets build on that." and so they did. And here we are today...

I like the look of the XXX and look forward to seeing them in person.... I have 2 pairs of XX9's that I wear to hoop and I love them, so I'm not mad at the idea they perform similar. The XXX does look like they maybe improved on the traction a bit, which makes me happy since that has always been a complaint of the XX9's for me.

Tbh I really like these and I'm not jus sayin that. Still annoyed tho they didn't alter the midsole at all. Watching the live feed was also comical. Why did they have less time this go around, I'd really like to know

these are samples, they were trying out different toe configurations to see which worked best for the athlete

Not only the toe but the midsole at the midfoot had an additional piece.
The black pairs look actually good.

But seriously, Tinker was not original at all by copy paste the xx9 sole and did only very minor surface changes.

Last edited:
I like these. I'd place them ahead of most of the post 14 Jordans. For me, they're right behind the XX3 and XX

I'm excited about these,who cares if u a yeezy fan boy or don't like,these finally are dope,the possibility combos are endless,the true blue,galaxy and blackout cw is sick.

Blue dot thing is strange. He grew up near wilmington but was def not born in NC.

Should we expect a red dot in chicago. Or X around the DC area. Carolina blue dot near chapel hell nc. This global/galaxy crap. MJ made it to 30th anniversary events all over the world but couldnt make it to the 30th shoe unveil. And that countdown.... Lolz. I was rollin

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5... 28 - 29 - uhh err 30?!?!?!?!?

Jordan Brand World Team 1
New line of team J's

Maybe it's a Carl Sagan "pale blue dot" sort of thing.

Back
Top Bottom