AJ XXX (30)

These shoes are super fresh. I love the design of them.

I feel as if the crowd saying these are ugly af are younger people / relatively new people to sneakers.

The reason I believe that is because they expect all Jordan's to have a lifestyle design. Something that can be worn down with mostly joggers. Ex: Retro's 1-14. At the end of the day, Jordan's are performance / basketball shoes. You cannot expect shoes to have all this great new technology and materials and look like Retro's 1-3. Additionally in all honestly, Retro's 1-14 are pretty bad shoes to play basketball in.

Shoe looks like as if it well perform very well on court. As they are ended to do so.

/endrant
Excuse that people use when a shoe does not look good.  "It's a basketball shoe.  It's supposed to perform not look good."  Jordan Brand/ Nike can't always come up with a great design.  This is one of those times.  Atleast for this color way, the XXX looks terribly placed.  The toe cap looks terrible.  Just an all around terrible shoe.  That's coming from someone in the 'older crowd'.

I feel as if the crowd saying these are ugly af are younger people / relatively new people to sneakers.

The reason I believe that is because they expect all Jordan's to have a lifestyle design. Something that can be worn down with mostly joggers. Ex: Retro's 1-14. At the end of the day, Jordan's are performance / basketball shoes. You cannot expect shoes to have all this great new technology and materials and look like Retro's 1-3. Additionally in all honestly, Retro's 1-14 are pretty bad shoes to play basketball in.

Shoe looks like as if it well perform very well on court. As they are ended to do so.

/endrant
Speak for yourself, OG XIs were magical on the court.

Speak for yourself, OG XIs were magical on the court.
he said "retros" 
mean.gif

The "these are for performance, not casual wear" is the lamest excuse thrown out there for lack of aesthetics design wise. When Nike/JB cares, both can/could be done.

It's a different time period, it's not the 80's or 90's anymore. There's so much more going on in the world and many more footwear options. Jordan's were a status symbol and an extension of Jordan meaning the best of the best. Now that he no longer plays the new releases are just a pair of shoes.

Once he retired the shoes weren't viewed the same or highly desired as they were when he was playing.

Last edited:

/endrant

Nope. You are wrong.

Last edited:
So I signed up for the first access Jordan xxx online. Just a moment ago, got a call from Nike headquarters. Didn't pick up because didn't recognize the number but did reverse Google search and found out. Anyone have any idea what that call might be?

Nah.... I signed up and no call

very underwhelming shoes

most of us anticipated a breakthrough revolutionary design for a 30th anniversary signature line

however other than that, the shoes looks OK and most likely will perform slightly better than the xx9

They have grown on me by the hour. The on feet pics and vid helped tremendously. The Jumpman toe box and the XXX on the heel have gone from vomit inducing to me copping 3 or 4 pairs. I'm in. 8)

lets behonest now guys

people making excuses saying "oh the new air jordans are made strictly for performance these days you want fashion get retros" is straight garbage talk

the true baller, not talking nba or college players who get their shoes free, but the true ballers playing many days a week for free are not buying 200 dollar shoes to ball in regardless... they play in things probably more than half that

so miss me with the these are made strictly for performance only comments

we all know what kind of guys buy this crap

View media item 1869717

my first pair of jordans were the black/red XIII at 1998

they performed great while playing indoor and outdoor basketball

second pair of jordans I got was the Indiglo XIV

and those were even better... excellent traction, lightweight

skipped 15 16 17 - until later on when the countdown packs were issued

18s were pretty good... excellent cushioning w the double stacked zoom and traction at the time was beast

19s - got the SE without that stupid fishnet shroud gimmick. also excellent oncourt

20s - got the blk stealth. IPS cushioning felt weird at first but actually worked. the ankle strapped felt weird too unless i connected it to the tongue lol

skipped 21 until cdp

22 was good on court - played in it last year and it was comparably good against current bball shoes

XX3 - MASTERPIECE! copped the black stealth and white/red. all around beautful shoe. performed great. wish i would have copped all cw

skipped the rest until the XX9 (didnt get the xx8 - got the Melo M10 chinese new edition instead - amazing; aesthetically and performance wise)

well thats my basic overview of my basketball experience with jordans

lets behonest now guys

people making excuses saying "oh the new air jordans are made strictly for performance these days you want fashion get retros" is straight garbage talk

the true baller, not talking nba or college players who get their shoes free, but the true ballers playing many days a week for free are not buying 200 dollar shoes to ball in regardless... they play in things probably more than half that

View media item 1869717

Exactly! The dudes decked out from head to toe but can't play a lick. These are often the guys who give performance reviews to, they can't dribble or get a shot off with real defense played on them.

lets behonest now guys

View media item 1869717

The "Mom I need basketball shoes" crowd cares and is probably a pretty large volume of sales. Nike knows fashion sells, so if they wanted to make a new J that way, they would.

Just because dudes that suck buy them doesn't mean its not performance first

Last edited:
Comparing performance of these new Jordan's to the older Jordan's, you have to look at it like this,

These (xxx) are supposed to be the best performance shoes right now.

All the older models mentioned were the best performance shoes when they came out.

Hence, our beloved retros are basketball shoes meant for playing basketball, granted they aren't made like they were originally.

You just have to realize back then they only worked with leather and mesh for the most part.

With all that being said, these aren't bad looking at all. You really just can't compare these to past Jordan's looks wise (well. Maybe xx9's)
I like them.

I agree. I thought the price increases was due to the new technology being used. Well this shoe is $20 cheaper then last years. So it really does expose the retro prices. What it says is that  retros using much older and cheaper technology does not warrant a 220 dollar price tag. It just shows us that Nike and Jordan Brand capitalized off of high demand and jacked the prices up on retros.
Duh ;-).  None of this tech (retro or current) is worth what we're paying in terms of value; it's ALL about market demand, and brand equity.

/endrant
Fresh infers new; these aren't new.  You can like them....you can love them....but you can't say they're fresh ;-).

lets behonest now guys

View media item 1869717

:lol: Not disagreeing, but there's an entire demographic that you have to consider. The 13U-17U summer AAU circuit take the performance of their shoes very seriously. These cats will have $600 in 29s, LeBron 12s, and Kobe 9/10s in their bag for a weekend tourney. My son plays 14U and gave a shockingly coherent analysis comparing the 29, LBJ 12, and Kobe 10 Elite Highs. As for myself, I just like to wear a $200+ shoe to demo the proper way to defend a pick & roll! Ha!

Back
Top Bottom