AJ XXX (30)

I guess we won't be seeing a new model being solely out of leather.

I'm tired of these flynite, primenite on the newer models.
I prefer a leather base shoe

I guess we won't be seeing a new model being solely out of leather.

I'm tired of these flynite, primenite on the newer models.
I prefer a leather base shoe

Name the last leather based shoe you know that performed on court as well as synthetic uppers.

What's the real benefit of the sign up? If you sign up and don't purchase does your account get dinged like the raffle?

i signed up.... doubt theyll flag you're account, but i guess we will see. i might buy just to check em out, and return if i dont like em in hand or on foot

i signed up.... doubt theyll flag you're account, but i guess we will see. i might buy just to check em out, and return if i dont like em in hand or on foot
I might "cancel my spot" just cause I highly doubt they will not let people who didn't sign up purchase.

So many "They are growing on me" comments, but not a single person thought about this or wrote it down here, when in the history of JB a flagship model reused a midsole from a previous year/model? If that is not lazy and uninspired, I don't know what it is. But hey keep giving them more excuses not to be creative by buying these atrocities. 

Name the last leather based shoe you know that performed on court as well as synthetic uppers.

This.
People needs to accept the fact that basketball shoes are made of synthetics and not using leather anymore. Just like we went from canvas (chucks) to leather (blazer, Superstar).

Synthetics like flyknit, flywire, woven are lighter, more durable, more breathable than leather nowadays. Leather gets worn out and deforms after many wearings. Also, no need to let animals getting killed.

Last edited:
This.
People needs to accept the fact that basketball shoes are made of synthetics and not using leather anymore. Just like we went from canvas (chucks) to leather (blazer, Superstar).

Synthetics like flyknit, flywire, woven are lighter, more durable, more breathable than leather nowadays. Leather gets worn out and deforms after many wearings. Also, no need to let animals getting killed.

They get killed for us to eat anyways. They don't just slaughter for the skin. Every part of that animal is used somehow

I might "cancel my spot" just cause I highly doubt they will not let people who didn't sign up purchase.

I just wonder if they're giving priority, or a limited release option to those who sign up.. Perhaps not that galaxy, but something else not GR? Who knows. Signing up is free so I gave it a shot

So many "They are growing on me" comments, but not a single person thought about this or wrote it down here, when in the history of JB a flagship model reused a midsole from a previous year/model? If that is not lazy and uninspired, I don't know what it is. But hey keep giving them more excuses not to be creative by buying these atrocities. 

Actually Nike has done this before. GS sizes of OGs had the previous year's midsoles and outsoles. The Jordan 4 midsole took from the Flight 89. Jordan 3 midsole took from the Air Revolution. Command Force sole took from the Air Force V. 180 pump took from the Air Force 180. It's. It the worst thing in the world to keep a design element and build on it.

Actually Nike has done this before. GS sizes of OGs had the previous year's midsoles and outsoles. The Jordan 4 midsole took from the Flight 89. Jordan 3 midsole took from the Air Revolution. Command Force sole took from the Air Force V. 180 pump took from the Air Force 180. It's. It the worst thing in the world to keep a design element and build on it.

yep... if its not broke then i have no beef with them using a similar version of it the next year, making the upper MORE APPEALING, and LOWERING the retail price.

Don't believe the hype. When Tinker and them claim that this design was rushed it is not true. I flew from Cartersville, GA to Oregon to meet Tinker and show him my prototype for an Air Jordan design. When I showed them my prototype and said I wanted them to be the next Air Jordan. He told me he liked them but they couldn't be the next Air Jordans because they had them already designed. He stated that my design could possibly be the next Air Jordans after them. This was the 30s he was talking about. I flew to Oregon in October 2014. So either he lied to me or to everybody else about a rushed design or either they scraped the original and started over. I respect and appreciate Tinker for all he has done for the brand. It is he who first made me want to become a shoe designer. I however feel like he has given us his greatest designs and like MJ you have to know when to step down. I feel the reason he hasn't is like when MJ played for Washington. He knew he was on a losing team but instead of letting them faulter he laced up his AJs and took the court to show his students/teammates how the game is played. I think JB is afraid to leave the design philosophy up to the students of the master. I am however one of his greatest students and my whole life I have been waiting to take the place of my teacher. He can put his feet up now after what he has done and let me lead the way forward. The Footwear King View media item 1870122

Last edited:
Don't believe the hype. When Tinker and them claim that this design was rushed it is not true. I flew from Cartersville, GA to Oregon to meet Tinker and show him my prototype for an Air Jordan design. When I showed them my prototype and said I wanted them to be the next Air Jordan. He told me he liked them but they couldn't be the next Air Jordans because they had them already designed. He stated that my design could possibly be the next Air Jordans after them. This was the 30s he was talking about. I flew to Oregon in October 2014. So either he lied to me or to everybody else about a rushed design or either they scraped the original and started over. I respect and appreciate Tinker for all he has done for the brand. It is he who first made me want to become a shoe designer. I however feel like he has given us his greatest designs and like MJ you have to know when to step down. I feel the reason he hasn't is like when MJ played for Washington. He knew he was on a losing team but instead of letting them faulter he laced up his AJs and took the court to show his students/teammates how the game is played. I think JB is afraid to leave the design philosophy up to the students of the master. I am however one of his greatest students and my whole life I have been waiting to take the place of my teacher. He can put his feet up now after what he has done and let me lead the way forward. The Footwear King 

We talking about Jordan son, not NIke and Jordan models or GS sizes, talking about the flagship model here! In the early days when Tinker was designed majority of the basketball line up and Nike was not the gigantic corporation they are now, they were using same tooling on many models. But never used the same from Jordan to Jordan model. 

I designed these Air Jordans in 2001. As a matter of fact, they were Adidas that I designed, way back when Kobe was wearing Adidas. When Kobe moved to Nike, I changed them to regular kicks. When Dwayne Wade signed to Jordan brand, I put that large Jumpman on the side. I made them the new Wade 3's. Since then, Wade has signed with another shoe company. I posted these online a while back in 2011 on my TheFootwearKing You Tube channel. Low behold last year a I got a bunch of messages asking me if I saw my design on the XX9s. I didn't know what they were talking about until I seen them myself. So I was like wow how did this happen? I want to share with you guys my initial design I did in the early 2000s so you can compare my design with the 29s. I have been frequenting this site since 05, but I just set up an account because I wanted to share my story with you guys and get some advice going forward. I know you appreciate the Jumpman and so do I and I see a lot of room for improvement and I plan to be one of the people to help change the direction of this brand. So here is my design. I did it many years ago, but posted it online in 2011 on my You Tube channel. TheFootwearKing in case someone wants to verify that my design came first. View media item 1870133

Last edited:
Don't believe the hype. When Tinker and them claim that this design was rushed it is not true. I flew from Cartersville, GA to Oregon to meet Tinker and show him my prototype for an Air Jordan design. When I showed them my prototype and said I wanted them to be the next Air Jordan. He told me he liked them but they couldn't be the next Air Jordans because they had them already designed. He stated that my design could possibly be the next Air Jordans after them. This was the 30s he was talking about. I flew to Oregon in October 2014. So either he lied to me or to everybody else about a rushed design or either they scraped the original and started over. I respect and appreciate Tinker for all he has done for the brand. It is he who first made me want to become a shoe designer. I however feel like he has given us his greatest designs and like MJ you have to know when to step down. I feel the reason he hasn't is like when MJ played for Washington. He knew he was on a losing team but instead of letting them faulter he laced up his AJs and took the court to show his students/teammates how the game is played. I think JB is afraid to leave the design philosophy up to the students of the master. I am however one of his greatest students and my whole life I have been waiting to take the place of my teacher. He can put his feet up now after what he has done and let me lead the way forward. The Footwear King
so I'm more interested in seeing your prototypes. no pics i don't believe it.

Last edited:
jordan MTM pack 29's
wink.gif

Those 29's in that pack are fiyyya
indifferent.gif
 those were leather inside and out and made to be casual shoes. 

I designed these Air Jordans in 2001. As a matter of fact, they were Adidas that I designed, way back when Kobe was wearing Adidas. When Kobe moved to Nike, I changed them to regular kicks. When Dwayne Wade signed to Jordan brand, I put that large Jumpman on the side. I made them the new Wade 3's. Since then, Wade has signed with another shoe company. I posted these online a while back in 2011 on my TheFootwearKing You Tube channel. Low behold last year a I got a bunch of messages asking me if I saw my design on the XX9s. I didn't know what they were talking about until I seen them myself. So I was like wow how did this happen? I want to share with you guys my initial design I did in the early 2000s so you can compare my design with the 29s. I have been frequenting this site since 05, but I just set up an account because I wanted to share my story with you guys and get some advice going forward. I know you appreciate the Jumpman and so do I and I see a lot of room for improvement and I plan to be one of the people to help change the direction of this brand. So here is my design. I did it many years ago, but posted it online in 2011 on my You Tube channel. TheFootwearKing in case someone wants to verify that my design came first. View media item 1870133

Look like adidas adan

this is just the Kobe 2 with a big jumpman on the side. That's the only similarity.

I can say Tinker is getting old. Old people move slow so they loose track of time and before you know it it's 2016, time for the reveal. You can't reinvent the wherl but so many times. Tinker helped save Nike with the III in 1986 and kept MJ on board. The XI was ground breaking but after the XX3 they lost alot of luster and have not been able to recapture that Gusto. Maybe a change at the top would be good cuz they slipping. XXX ain't bad tho its just meh.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom