AJ XXX (30)

I can say Tinker is getting old. Old people move slow so they loose track of time and before you know it it's 2016, time for the reveal. You can't reinvent the wherl but so many times. Tinker helped save Nike with the III in 1986 and kept MJ on board. The XI was ground breaking but after the XX3 they lost alot of luster and have not been able to recapture that Gusto. Maybe a change at the top would be good cuz they slipping. XXX ain't bad tho its just meh.

And somehow after the xx3 the Air Jordans year after year the performance got better and better.

They were Adidas at first. They were the sequels to Kobe's Audi shoes based on the car. When he signed to Nike I decided to put the oversized Jumpman on the shoe. The 29s look very similar to my design I did 15 years ago. I posted this same design online in 2011 on You Tube. So people had access to see them and somehow it got back to JB hence the same design. Its too spot on to be a coincidence.
Look like adidas adan

idt jb had any intention of copying your design with the 29. it's not totally out of the realm of possibility that perhaps they thought of it on their own. they've done it with shirts before not like they couldn't think of using an abnormally large jumpman

Quote:
The shoe that Tinker is holding in his hand is my design.
I kinda like those. they have an older team Jordan feel. got any detailed pics?

Last edited:
I agree with u Frank but Jordans have never been strictly a bball shoe. Its mass appeal has attracted so many non-athletes that most don't care how comfy it is or how it performs but more so the look or the silhouette. The 1-14 combined both great design and cutting edge tech at the time. In that area it needs improvement. Are these shoes even made to MJ's specs anymore since he is done playing? I doubt it.

Last edited:
Put my design next to the 29s and you will see it. You would be blind not to. Everybody else noticed it before me and brought it to my attention. The whole point is the silhouette is the same. The lines that flow across the upper is the same. The midsole arch is very similar and last but not least the most identifying characteristic is the large Jumpman. That's not a coincidence that all the elements just so happen to appear on the shoe. Nobody had ever seen a clean shoe design with a large Jumpman on the side until my design. Give credit where credit is due. I designed the 29s unless you see something everybody with two eyes can't see. The fact that I told you I designed these for Kobe is why they look like the Kobe 2. It does not take away from design elements that I used that show up on the 29s.
this is just the Kobe 2 with a big jumpman on the side. That's the only similarity.

Last edited:
Its too spot on to be a coincidence.
It's not spot on at all bro, you're taking this a little too far. Theirs doesn't even fit on the shoe, it's more like their jumbo jumpman shirts from years back, before 2011. Yours fits perfectly on the shoe. Anyone can think of making a logo huge, no offense

I can say Tinker is getting old. Old people move slow so they loose track of time and before you know it it's 2016, time for the reveal. You can't reinvent the wherl but so many times. Tinker helped save Nike with the III in 1986 and kept MJ on board. The XI was ground breaking but after the XX3 they lost alot of luster and have not been able to recapture that Gusto. Maybe a change at the top would be good cuz they slipping. XXX ain't bad tho its just meh.

im not sure tinker designed every sig jordan after the 23.... but there are definitely some gems that have released since those (IMO). my biggest gripe has been colors and sometimes the upper patterns (like with the xx8 and xx9).

the best xx8 was the black/green color. was soooo clean. the whole crazy design uppers on those were just too much.

the xx9.... well, i like the xxx so thats saying something then :lol

Look at the design not just Jumpman. Its not hard to see if you look closely before you speak. I am a designer and I can recognize when something is copied from something else. If you designed something and a product came out with the damn near exact design and size of the logo they chose is the same as yours would you say you're taking it too far? We are speaking shoes not clothes where large logos are needed to fill up space. When have you seen it on the Air Jordan shoes? I came with it first. The way the upper and sole are designed is also similar so that says a lot. Its not just the large Jumpman that's just the give away until you look closer then you will see.
It's not spot on at all bro, you're taking this a little too far. Theirs doesn't even fit on the shoe, it's more like their jumbo jumpman shirts from years back, before 2011. Yours fits perfectly on the shoe. Anyone can think of making a logo huge, no offense

Last edited:
If you are a designer you see the design elements that were utilised. Even if not you can recognize the same shoe. My design looks like the mock up of what became the 29s.
dude it looks nothing like them. you're laughable at this point. you keep coming in here insisting JB somehow copied your design that looks NOTHING like the 29 at all other than the jumpman and that's not even super close. placement is totally different, size.... the only Jordan shoe that really came to mind when looking at your design is the 12.5, and only because it has that same type of strong looking heel. I was interested in seeing more pics of your prototype but now I don't even wanna see them.

dude it looks nothing like them. you're laughable at this point. you keep coming in here insisting JB somehow copied your design that looks NOTHING like the 29 at all other than the jumpman and that's not even super close. placement is totally different, size.... the only Jordan shoe that really came to mind when looking at your design is the 12.5, and only because it has that same type of strong looking heel. I was interested in seeing more pics of your prototype but now I don't even wanna see them.

We are speaking shoes not clothes where large logos are needed to fill up space. When have you seen it on the Air Jordans?
Like I said, it's not an incredible feat to come up with the idea to use an oversized logo. they've used pretty large logos awhile back with the swift 6 and the vindicate. I'm gonna go with the safe assumption they didn't reference your design one bit when they designed the 29. Jordan himself even said in a video to make the logo bigger on a shoe I forget which one maybe the 13 or 14

I designed these Air Jordans in 2001. As a matter of fact, they were Adidas that I designed, way back when Kobe was wearing Adidas. When Kobe moved to Nike, I changed them to regular kicks. When Dwayne Wade signed to Jordan brand, I put that large Jumpman on the side. I made them the new Wade 3's. Since then, Wade has signed with another shoe company. I posted these online a while back in 2011 on my TheFootwearKing You Tube channel. Low behold last year a I got a bunch of messages asking me if I saw my design on the XX9s. I didn't know what they were talking about until I seen them myself. So I was like wow how did this happen? I want to share with you guys my initial design I did in the early 2000s so you can compare my design with the 29s. I have been frequenting this site since 05, but I just set up an account because I wanted to share my story with you guys and get some advice going forward. I know you appreciate the Jumpman and so do I and I see a lot of room for improvement and I plan to be one of the people to help change the direction of this brand. So here is my design. I did it many years ago, but posted it online in 2011 on my You Tube channel. TheFootwearKing in case someone wants to verify that my design came first. View media item 1870133

Bruh... You can't be serious

@Derelle1

To me your design looks like an Adidas Kobe 1 with a lace shroud and a Jumpman on the side. Nothing groundbreaking considering you admit to designing it with the Kobe 1 in mind.

If you feel Nike/JB ripped off your design so much...sue them. You likely won't win however. They have lots of money and powerful lawyers.

Your visit to Beaverton...who paid for that trip? You or Nike/JB? Just curious.

I'm not trying to put you on blast but your basically in here whining about how Nike/JB ripped you off. The ONLY similarity I see between your "design" and the XX9 is a Jumpman on the side of the shoe.

/endrant

EDIT: I have a former friend who went to community college. He wanted to be a creative writer for WWE. Guess what...it didn't happen. I'm not saying to not follow your dreams but the best way to get doing what you want to do (revolutionize Nike/JB) you should probably start by getting a job with them instead of coming on a Nike forum with a victim complex. That's cool you met Tinker Hatfield though!

Last edited:
I agree with u Frank but Jordans have never been strictly a bball shoe. Its mass appeal has attracted so many non-athletes that most don't care how comfy it is or how it performs but more so the look or the silhouette. The 1-14 combined both great design and cutting edge tech at the time. In that area it needs improvement. Are these shoes even made to MJ's specs anymore since he is done playing? I doubt it.

You have no idea what you are talking about. That is the only type of shoe it is. It was us young kids in the late 80's and early 90's that took them off the court and made them everyday fashion. They are nothing but great performing basketball shoes that just so happen to be appealing to the masses.

I am really tempted to not wait till discounts come on the scene for these.... The only reason I would is to also give more time for more colorways, but then I'd end up waiting for discounts on those too.... just gonna get em around release day.

You have no idea what you are talking about. That is the only type of shoe it is. It was us young kids in the late 80's and early 90's that took them off the court and made them everyday fashion. They are nothing but great performing basketball shoes that just so happen to be appealing to the masses.

I was born in 1980

I guess taking a concept like the rising sun, a black panther, or a Ferrari and applying it to a shoe design means they don't care how it looks and are only concerned with performance?

Back
Top Bottom