AJ XXX (30)

Not sure if this has already been mentioned or not. The small blue dot (pebble) on the United States tongue of the Air Jordan 30s to pay homage to where Michael Jordan is from (North Carolina) is a really nice detailed touch. I need Westbrook to wear the gym red colorway to get me over the fence to by them! Yeah this happened when balled out and got hella triple doubles in the black cement red 29s, ended up getting those after saying I would only get the black orange other release pair! Haha! Lol! Just for the record though no matter how much he balls out in them I am not getting that Creamsicle orange colorway or blue pairs.

I also think the pale blue dot is a double reference to Carl Sagan especially when you consider the cosmos theme running throughout the XXX.

It seriously pisses me off how we get 4 basic colorways after waiting 2 years for the 30's, yet the PE's are full of all sorts of colors and unique blocking.

"Hey, look what we COULD give you. But nah." - JB

This shoe should have been on Nike iD.

mean.gif

Last edited:
Not sure if this has already been mentioned or not. The small blue dot (pebble) on the United States tongue of the Air Jordan 30s to pay homage to where Michael Jordan is from (North Carolina) is a really nice detailed touch. I need Westbrook to wear the gym red colorway to get me over the fence to by them! Yeah this happened when balled out and got hella triple doubles in the black cement red 29s, ended up getting those after saying I would only get the black orange other release pair! Haha! Lol! Just for the record though no matter how much he balls out in them I am not getting that Creamsicle orange colorway or blue pairs.

Jordan from Brooklyn

Pretty late on the 30s, they look awesome, but how are they for hoop?

Mixed reviews so far. Basically, just like the XX9's but the upper is more stiff because less knit, and the lock down on the foot is better BUT can be uncomfortable for some initially. Heard they don't break in and feel as loose as the XX9s. Its kinda crazy 28's have the best traction but the upper is stiff IMO. 29's have the best upper but traction is a little weaker due to no air in the forefoot like XX8's. XXX's are like above. Same traction as XX9s with a stiffer upper.

Waiting for these to go on sale. Really want the blackouts for ball

Last edited:
Russ went back to XX8 after half last night JB marketing gotta love that .....

Even stranger cause I think I remember players switching the XX8 out at half when those dropped. I personally don't read too much into it though. Could be superstition related.

Even stranger cause I think I remember players switching the XX8 out at half when those dropped. I personally don't read too much into it though. Could be superstition related.

And they lost it in the 4th quarter! :frown:
They simply choked in the last 3 - 4 minutes late in the game.

Russ went back to XX8 after half last night JB marketing gotta love that .....
I believe it was a superstitious thing. The last time he wore those was against the Spurs. I think it was the whole "WHY NOT?" saying. Why not close out the series type concept.

Are the Gym Reds the final GR?

I have not been paying attention, but have an option on the UNCs at a good price, wondering if should bite.

Russ did his thing this playoffs. He also had some sick XXX PEs. The actual line marketed to the shoe buying public went out like the Raptors though.

I just got my gym red XXXs delivered. It was a really nice colorway, The Jordan Shop in HK doesnt have them (may be they once had when they first came out) except the all black and the UNC only. I think other shops doesnt carries the XXX at all~ i checked it. Anyway back to the shoes. I put the XXX side by side with my hornets XX9, the XXX seems shorter in length.....(they both size 10). I try the right foot (its bigger compare to my left), the fit is really snug coz of the shape of the shoes. The second thing i notice was the midsole is sitting much lower to the ground then the XX9 which the flight plate (forefoot zoom air) not really noticeable as the xx9. Well, everyone here says including me that the XXX has the same mid/outsoles arragement. After I held the XXX in hand and notice that the midsoles is slightly different. The forefoot basically is the same, but the heel is wrapped all the way around the heel and the material isnt hard plastic. I can slightly push my thumb into it. The xx9 you cant really. Perfomance wise the XXX is really a cut of above then the xx9. The overall fit of the XXX is more secure and solid, whereas, the xx9 is too soft especially in the heel area. Here I took a quick snap of the XXX.

View media item 2051985

Back
Top Bottom